Sign in to follow this  
Daytona125

No developer planes yet?

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Now, this is PRECISELY why I laughed hysterically at all the posts from flight simmers about:

- Not needing addons any more (I mean, that was insanity run amok, it really was).

- Telling everyone they had removed P3D / X-Plane,

- Informing the world they were buying addons for P3D / X-Plane anymore,

and other nonsense.

I laughed and cried tears of joy simultaneously when I realized I wouldn`t need to spend money on mediocre addons anymore.

• Like 8

I’m still terrified by the idea that Aerosoft’s Hans of CRJ fame is helping Asobo with anything. 

He’s incompetent enough when he’s working on his own stuff. 

And about Dave: wasn’t he the one telling us he was totally working on a product that would have changed P3D forever like some very stable genius but he can’t tell us any details even though the project is canceled anyway. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

other nonsense.

If you were a third party developer for DCS, you would be laughed out of the community.

I have not touched X-plane once after MSFS came out. Only keeping it installed to compare flight models.

I have zero desire for a full study level aircraft at the moment because the default GA planes I fly do 90% of what I'm enjoying doing in the sim.

The fact is a lot of flight simmers are like me. While we like realism, we don't need to have to every button in an aircraft modeled to enjoy it. Even in the DCS full study modules I fly, there are many buttons in the cockpit that I have never touched even though they're modeled.

You might see that their are many flight simmers like me who will be happy with the default aircraft in MSFS for years to come.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 hours ago, flycln said:

I’m still terrified by the idea that Aerosoft’s Hans of CRJ fame is helping Asobo with anything. 

He’s incompetent enough when he’s working on his own stuff. 

And about Dave: wasn’t he the one telling us he was totally working on a product that would have changed P3D forever like some very stable genius but he can’t tell us any details even though the project is canceled anyway. 

Dude, you owe me a new keyboard coz I just messed mine up with the coffee I just spilled laughing so hard. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Sweet, but I'm pining for my B55. 😉

Me too ... but fix the ridiculous nose-up attitude in landing config while you're at it 😛

Why all the bloodlust for anyone who has anything but glowing praise for MFS?

Edited by DavidP
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

and other nonsense.

Yikes terrible post 🤪

I've done all those things. You laughing at me? 🙄

I could not be happier pal.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dillon said:

In case you’re wondering that’s Carando’s Cessna 182.

No, that's a C-HOCK.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

- Informing the world they were buying addons for P3D / X-Plane anymore,

Well, that still stands. I have enough addons to satisfy my needs for a year or so and won't spend any more money on a old sim. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

One of the things which I must admit makes me laugh a lot, is that over the years, loads of people (me included on occasion) have had a pop at Carenado. Now to be fair, some of it has been justified, yet we have tons of developers saying they can't do anything because of a lack of an SDK. But in spite of this, the developer who comes in for some of the most stick managed to get a payware aeroplane out within a week of the main sim being launched. Granted it wasn't a 747, but their 182 nevertheless works flawlessly and incorporates the new features of the sim. 🤣

I guess someone forgot to send Carenado the memo about sitting there crying about not having an SDK instead of just getting on with it. Meanwhile, others are knocking out free stuff which is doing a similarly excellent job of making the allegedly talented developers look like they're not quite as good as they would have you believe.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Come on developers give us something!anything to fly. The canned Microsoft planes are pretty much a joke when we are used to planes like A2A, milviz! PMDG, Leonardo MadDog HotStart and many others. PLEASE come up with something soon. Please.

Default planes are Default planes. Build simple way. I´m waiting PMDG 747 series and bug ironing, before I buy MSFS 2020. I want to get out and fly, not tweak the sim hours and hours, like it was in FSX, X-Plane etc

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

One of the things which I must admit makes me laugh a lot, is that over the years, loads of people (me included on occasion) have had a pop at Carenado. Now to be fair, some of it has been justified, yet we have tons of developers saying they can't do anything because of a lack of an SDK. But in spite of this, the developer who comes in for some of the most stick managed to get a payware aeroplane out within a week of the main sim being launched. Granted it wasn't a 747, but their 182 nevertheless works flawlessly and incorporates the new features of the sim. 🤣

I guess someone forgot to send them the memo about sitting there crying about not having an SDK instead of just getting on with it.

Yup, Carenado just releases stuff. It's like the guy in a pub who just goes to the table where all the pretty, as you English guys would say, "birds" are sitting, whereas his friends are sitting in a corner, scared, wondering whether they should go over there and talk to the women, ha ha ha. 

Gotta, say, though. Carenado really needs to work hard to convince me that their stuff is worth the cash over the default.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Gotta, say, though. Carenado really needs to work hard to convince me that their stuff is worth the cash over the default.

Well that's true, but at least they're not pissing and moaning about not being able to make stuff and instead being the vanguard of TPD aeroplane development. And you've got to respect that.

It reminds me of when people bang on about the Tiger tank being vastly superior to the M4 Sherman in WW2. The Sherman might not have been as fancy as the Tiger on a Top Trumps card when you look at its stats, but at least it was actually on the battlefield fighting, instead of looking great whilst being broken down at some depot or stuck in the mud. And we know which one won the war. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here