Sign in to follow this  
Daytona125

No developer planes yet?

On 8/31/2020 at 7:20 PM, Dillon said:

In case you’re wondering that’s Caranedo’s Cessna 182.

I was just flying the 182 yesterday. Seems pretty good!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Here's virtual $5 that says those who say they don't need any third party add-ons either move onto something new within 3 months (or less), or complain about the lack of quality third party add-ons in the same amount of time.

Alternatively, they might eventually be whinging about people not buying enough livery packs in the in-game marketplace to support 'further development' by Microsoft (e.g. Star Citizen).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have P3d V5 with almost every A2A aircraft installed, but I haven't loaded any of them since MSFS 2020 was released.  The lighting, weather and worldwide scenery in MSFS is so good,  I have no desire to be back in P3D.  

This is undeniable.

Many people are shocked by the beauty of the world around them to such an extent that they are not interested in aircraft systems.

Four buttons can be operated and enjoy. The shell is similar to an airplane and creates a sense of presence in the cockpit.

I'm beginning to understand why Microsoft created the console-style menus.

Now we have old simulators with advanced airplanes and MFS with default airplanes, but with a beautiful surrounding world.

Each user sets their priorities and we see who is more important to whom. One is the beautiful surrounding world, the other is precisely modeled airplanes.

Nothing bad, just a matter of taste. This dispute can go on forever, if not come to a common denominator. Is the world or the plane a priority?🙂

• Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Givem time to make something native and good.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

tl:dr after Page 2, but Aerosoft not the only player in town. I'm sure Just Flight will be along in the meantime with some of their intermediate level stuff (DC6, DC10) to fill the gaps.

Out of interest, what company now holds the rights to the Level D 767? My all time favourite heavy haul tube in FS9 and FSX (sadly no longer very useable in the latter as the FMC doesn't remember the flight plan). Just imagine bopping around our MSFS 2020 world in one of those!

12 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

tl:dr after Page 2, but Aerosoft not the only player in town. I'm sure Just Flight will be along in the meantime with some of their intermediate level stuff (DC6, DC10) to fill the gaps.

Out of interest, what company now holds the rights to the Level D 767? My all time favourite heavy haul tube in FS9 and FSX (sadly no longer very useable in the latter as the FMC doesn't remember the flight plan). Just imagine bopping around our MSFS 2020 world in one of those!

Dave said  ASOBO  has not fully prepared the basis for complex aircraft programming. But the work continues.

• Upvote 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Something I thought you guys might like:

• Like 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

They mentioned a Twin Otter too which will be great for this sim.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

4 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

They mentioned a Twin Otter

aye, am very excited for this.

14 hours ago, BMW969 said:

This is undeniable.

Many people are shocked by the beauty of the world around them to such an extent that they are not interested in aircraft systems.

Four buttons can be operated and enjoy. The shell is similar to an airplane and creates a sense of presence in the cockpit.

I'm beginning to understand why Microsoft created the console-style menus.

Now we have old simulators with advanced airplanes and MFS with default airplanes, but with a beautiful surrounding world.

Each user sets their priorities and we see who is more important to whom. One is the beautiful surrounding world, the other is precisely modeled airplanes.

Nothing bad, just a matter of taste. This dispute can go on forever, if not come to a common denominator. Is the world or the plane a priority?🙂

MSFS will have both a beautiful world and eventually study level aircraft.  I am not exclusively in MSFS because I don't want systems,  but its massive leap in atmospheric realism together with worldwide VFR scenery is so great, that's where I want to be just for now.  As each study level aircraft is released, I will purchase.

To quench my thirst for realism, I am about to subscribe to Pilot Edge for some realistic training in a controlled environment using the very good single engine props in MSFS.

W

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 8/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, Daytona125 said:

Come on developers give us something!anything to fly. The canned Microsoft planes are pretty much a joke when we are used to planes like A2A, milviz! PMDG, Leonardo MadDog HotStart and many others. PLEASE come up with something soon. Please.

You do realize it's been out less than a week...

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 8/31/2020 at 4:31 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Not going to happen for some time, there is no workable SDK for complex third party aircraft - but it's being worked on and we're helping with that.  Look for such addons to start working their way into the sim in about 12 months.  There is absolutely no way to speed that process up.

Now, this is PRECISELY why I laughed hysterically at all the posts from flight simmers about:

- Not needing addons any more (I mean, that was insanity run amok, it really was).

- Telling everyone they had removed P3D / X-Plane,

- Informing the world they were buying addons for P3D / X-Plane anymore,

and other nonsense.

While I am excited for third party addons. I did remove P3D, will not be reinstalling and am done buying new addons for that platform. Any developer with a brain is going to put their effort into the new sim.

• Upvote 1

Mathias said he wanted the CRJ released this year or he would be upset.  Is that not going to be a complex aircraft? I thought someone stated it would be 12 months before that would even be possible?

Ryan