Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Prepar3d 5.1?

Could be any moment now?

Really curious what the new Atmosphere will look like when it is out of Beta! Would be great if it is more Active Sky compatibel so that we don't have sudden weather changes anymore and a lot more cloud layers!

Edited by rob0203

5.1 along with the it's addon updates is the only thing keeping me from installing v5. Once I install v5 bye bye v4.5 not enough disk space and not looking to use both...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

16 minutes ago, Shomron said:

5.1 along with the it's addon updates is the only thing keeping me from installing v5. Once I install v5 bye bye v4.5 not enough disk space and not looking to use both...

Have 4.5 installed but have not used it since v5HF2 was out.

I hardly had the time for my PMDG 777 with all these wonderful other options out here

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

"who cares about 5.1 when I have the other thing" - post trolls in 3... 2... 1...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

"who cares about 5.1 when I have the other thing" - post trolls in 3... 2... 1...

Yes, yes, yes, I also have the other thing installed, but let's keep this forum to Prepar3d 🙃

• Like 6

5.1 cannot come soon enough.

I'm fed up of tossing a coin to see whether I'll be hit by the DXGI_error_device_hung crash approaching a complex airport scenery in a payware airliner.
I'd also like EA to function to its full potential without the artifacts we currently see.

If VRAM management is massively improved and EA comes out of beta for 5.1, P3D will be my first choice of sim again.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm not as concerned with VRAM management.  At 11gb 99% of the time it's not an issue.  I would like to see some True Sky fixes.  The obvious bugs as well as the grid like repetitive cloud problem at cruise.  Also looking for better rain.  To be honest I think the weather in V4.5 was fine.  I know they tried to make it so it can rain on one side of the airport but not on the other.  But I don't think it's worked well at all.  In terms of major updates/fixes.  I think they need to improve the lighting at night.  But I can live with it the way it is.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I wonder if LM will try to fixed the P3DV5 vector scenery issues or will they just hope that everyone gets ORBX Vector, not bad in most of the world, but try flying in the Canadian Arctic with the default vector.  Vancouver Airport should be fix as well, I posted on their forums and here, what the issue was, some taxi signs formatted wrong. Far as the other thing, I only have room for one sim and it will P3DV5.

John C.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

48 minutes ago, johncott said:

I wonder if LM will try to fixed the P3DV5 vector scenery issues or will they just hope that everyone gets ORBX Vector, not bad in most of the world, but try flying in the Canadian Arctic with the default vector.  Vancouver Airport should be fix as well, I posted on their forums and here, what the issue was, some taxi signs formatted wrong. Far as the other thing, I only have room for one sim and it will P3DV5.

John C.

stuff reported over at the LM Forum is getting fixed, so if you found something that has not been reported yet make a post over there and they will fix it.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I hope EA comes out of beta in 5.1, so we get no reloading of weather, cloud layers and AS can work with it perfectly. Some VRAM optimisation would be good to, for people on only 8GB VRAM.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

5.1 cannot come soon enough.

I'm fed up of tossing a coin to see whether I'll be hit by the DXGI_error_device_hung crash approaching a complex airport scenery in a payware airliner.
I'd also like EA to function to its full potential without the artifacts we currently see.

If VRAM management is massively improved and EA comes out of beta for 5.1, P3D will be my first choice of sim again.

Ditto!!!

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Patience is a virtue..

Depends on how long 😇

I am too waiting for V5.1 and hope that EA then will be out of beta.

Those unsharp TrueSky clouds can look way better. The Normal mode cumulus clouds are sharper in 256x256 than the TrueSky clouds in 2048x2048 ....

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Patience is a virtue..

And both are always in short supply in our world!  LOL!

• Like 4

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Patience is a virtue..

I want it all and I want it now! 😛