Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

6 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Just as a reminder folks..live WX still doesn't work.  At least for me.  Winds aloft might...but WX itself does not.  Not sure if it's actually working for anyone else.

Not working. It's foggy (smoke) here in Vancouver and the sim depicts broken clouds. Disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, B787Pilot3222 said:

Not working. It's foggy (smoke) here in Vancouver and the sim depicts broken clouds. Disappointing.

All parameters weren't working at KFAT...not even close.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

The launcher is still a bag of poo, got stuck on a particularly large file and kept restarting it, I had to connect up my powerline Ethernet adapters, for some reason the launcher does not get on with Wifi and it's the only app on my PC that doesn't.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Why are you running your GPU at 60%? It should be at maximum power 95-100% you have paid for that performance, so why only run it at 60%? Crank up the graphics that are most GPU dependent so the card work at it's full potential, it will help your CPU get less stressful as well.

Why run it at 100% if I'm getting smooth flight and good graphics running at 60%, Just because I paid for it? I've also seen no change in CPU load when changing graphics load. If future addons require more GPU, then I will change it, but not just because I paid for it.

WiFi is not the answer to everything and certainly not flight sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Need a confirmation on a new bug.

A320 - Unable to view the COM frequencies or XPDR code while in the Instruments View 06

I am able to view the XPDR if in Instruments View 07. And when I zoom back, I am able to view the COM frequencies. Also, able to view it from View 04 but not View 05 while zooming back and panning.

I did remove the 320NX mod so it is not the cause.

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

4 hours ago, Blat14 said:

He's not the only one, I posted earlier, it's much worse for me since the patch, Was silky smooth before, now it stutters like hell and my GPU is pegged at 100% where before it was at 75-80% . Also increased my GPU temp. into  the low 80's C where it was 65C before.

Weather is now broken for me when it worked before.

Load times have not improved like others have said but it does return to the main menu more quickly.

The only improvement I have found is the Compass in my Cessna 172 is much clearer.

But I won't be flying with the performance as it is now so I won't be looking at the compass. Unless I can find a fix for this I won't be playing this sim again for a while .Will have to see what the next patch brings.  A real shame as I was enjoying the flying before.

Maybe a glitch occurred during the update somehow. While you have a break from the SIM why not delete and reinstall. I have an ageing 9900k @5.1, 2080ti & 65in 4K TV set at 30hz. Most slides on ultra. 60fps locked in-sim, 30fps locked in NCP.  Beautifully smooth fly’n. Still have stupid grin when flying since the August release.

• Like 1

First let me preface by saying that I do see improved performance for my PC which is appreciated. However I too am mystified at the process going on with this product. There is just no way some of the things that have cropped up in this release should have occurred and released in this condition. The A320 left engine issue and the mach/speed toggle being broken seem like items that cannot be released. I am in QA with a software company so I understand the dev software process pretty well - I also understand the pressure that software developers are under when issues are brought forward (performance I think in this case) and the thinking that corners can be cut. There are workarounds for the issues I am seeing and the game is still immensely enjoyable for me…but really this cant be way forward…Either the issues were missed in QA or the patch was rushed and not enough time went into making sure everything was covered. Hopefully some thought will go into the process moving forward…communicating to the community that more time is needed…and these patches can be better for everyone.

• Like 2

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

53 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

WiFi is not the answer to everything and certainly not flight sim.

Well it's been the answer for everything for the 6 years I've been in this house, with the sole exception of MFS's crappy downloader. Retail software that can't work over good WiFi in 2020 is really not on. It's some kinda software glitch on MS/Asobo's part it's not a problem with the connectivity itself, I download huge COD updates and do COD multiplayer over it which is far more taxing than anything MFS has to do. I happily stream 4K too.

It's just fortunate I had some powerline network adapters laying around; I'm not about to start drilling walls, pulling carpets and removing skirting boards for the sake of one piece of software that is badly programmed, everything else plays fine with my WiFi and MFS has no Earthly reason to be any different.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

There's some serious problems with this patch.  Just tried to do a flight from KVNY to Dallas in the Longitude and on my way to towards San Bernardino the long stutters over the area makes the sim unflyable.  I also found when jumping waypoints the autopilot settings still jump back to zero. This was supposed to have been fixed with this patch.  Oh well, on to next week.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Nice,can clearly see where they have pushed more load to the gpu

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

8 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well it's been the answer for everything for the 6 years I've been in this house, with the sole exception of MFS's crappy downloader. Retail software that can't work over good WiFi in 2020 is a joke. It's just fortunate I had some powerline network adapters laying around, it's some kinda software glitch on MS/Asobo's part it's not a problem with the connectivity itself, I download huge COD updates and do COD multiplayer over it which is far more taxing than anything MFS has to do. I happily stream 4K too.

I'm not about to start drilling through walls, pulling carpets and removing skirting boards for the sake of one piece of software that is badly programmed, everything else plays fine with it and MFS has no Earthly reason to be any different.

I have strong wireless in my house but compared to wired its never as stable, for mission critical programs like flight Sim you want as stable a connection as you can get, powerlines are great I use them downstairs as to much drama and cost cabling certain areas and even use a few upstairs, powerlines are almost as good as wired. I find wireless unstable from interference and this equates to streaming slow downs and drop outs

• Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Had a smooth 1hr flight with no group of stutters every 15minutes so I'm very glad that was fixed. It failed to log my flight correctly though.

Yesterday I flew out of KSAV and back ( a daylight flight). Tonight after the patch I set real time/weather and flew a flight plan flight from KCJR to KFDK. This was a night flight (finished about 9:10pm Eastern). The sim logged my flight tonight (9/16/20) as a day takeoff/day landing flight from KSAV to KSAV. (It did put the correct flight distance and time).

I also noticed on my Multi Flight Panel I have to unplug it and plug it back in after I start MSFS (when I'm in the plane) for the digits to show.

I'll have to keep an eye on these two things to see if they're a random thing or actual bugs introduced by the patch.

Edited by Phantoms

James

25 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

First let me preface by saying that I do see improved performance for my PC which is appreciated. However I too am mystified at the process going on with this product. There is just no way some of the things that have cropped up in this release should have occurred and released in this condition. The A320 left engine issue and the mach/speed toggle being broken seem like items that cannot be released. I am in QA with a software company so I understand the dev software process pretty well - I also understand the pressure that software developers are under when issues are brought forward (performance I think in this case) and the thinking that corners can be cut. There are workarounds for the issues I am seeing and the game is still immensely enjoyable for me…but really this cant be way forward…Either the issues were missed in QA or the patch was rushed and not enough time went into making sure everything was covered. Hopefully some thought will go into the process moving forward…communicating to the community that more time is needed…and these patches can be better for everyone.

Agreed. Missing Control Sensitivities (as one example) means that the team who designed/patched/updated the UI menus simply did not test their own work. I find this extraordinary. If your task is to patch and check the menus, then at the very least you would spend a couple of hours going through every single menu (there aren't that many of them) and double checking they work, or even that they exist. It really does not take that long to check your work.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page