Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

12 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Quick update. Still very smooth on my 4770K/GTX 1070 and CPU usage is much better. Now only seeing sub 50% CPU usage (never got above 46% in the air) and it is silky smooth at 23 FPS. Going for another test. 

Yeah..  for me it seems to have dropped the CPU requirement and increased (slighty) the GPU usage, which means that scenery loading no longer blips the CPU to 100% causing a stutter.  I also seem to have gained a few FPS overall in my test areas and it loads into the sim quicker and loads a flight quicker..  not by a lot but every little helps 🙂     I used to run about 50% CPU and a sudden scenery load blipped it to 100% and a small stutter.. now my CPU usage rarely rises above 35% but my GPU usage has risen from about 60% to around 70%.

I'm on a i7-8700 with a 1060 on HD settings using High with a few Ultras and dropped to around 28FPS at Heathrow (premium edition)  with ORBX London Landmarks in and over open countryside around 40FPS but irrespective of the FPS seems smoother.

No mods loaded  just marketplace stuff.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

After the patch I have +10 FPS in average, and GPU usage went down from 98% to 80%, GPU temp from 80ºC to 70ºC, so I can notice better performance with less GPU usage... the only problem I have right now is that I can't hear ATC Voice

I don't have installed mods, just items from the ingame store

46 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Yes it does, just tried it and it works as the update states

no, it doesn't

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Clear FPS gain here with my usual test flights. Most important is the lack of any stutter, probably because of the more efficient CPU usage.

All in all, I'm very happy. Thank you Asobo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EmaRacing said:

no, it doesn't

well, mine does, it didn't before the patch, they fix it for me. Maybe you have some mods in your community folder that is conflicting with the original TBM

Sergio Naiberg

Well I have given up for tonight, patcher just constantly getting stuck and going back to 0% on larger files. Maybe in a day or two the server load will ease.

7 minutes ago, SergioN said:

well, mine does, it didn't before the patch, they fix it for me. Maybe you have some mods in your community folder that is conflicting with the original TBM

Only the mod which lets you lower the screen lighting and the mod for the landing lights, possible problem found?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Great extensive update. Nice to see them address many bugs. Download went quite fast and updates without a hitch. 

Very quick impression.... Seems much smoother and more consistent. (frame latency is lower and consistent). Load times were definitley quicker. 

Test was in a 787 flying over the gulf coast. Correct winds aloft and surface.  AP seems a bit better, although VNAV mode and FLC had a ridiculous climb rate still.  VS mode still rules here. 

Think there is a new bug introduced.  787 over 500 miles barely used up any fuel.  1500lbs of fuel burn over 500 miles lol. That cant be good, although the CFOs of said airline wont complain. Could be just an anomaly until I test again.  Look forward to further checking things out.   This is a process, and everything doesnt get worked out immediately.  Sometimes one thing gets fixes, and breaks 3 other things unbeknownst to them or any tester till later.   It will get ironed out.   

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

We had that fixed in our latest not-yet-released version of the G1000 mod. Will be testing all the mods against new default functionality and then will release to fix this issue if it isn't already fixed by default.

Good job man.

Mine says it's 1.8.3 in the top right-hand corner but I don't recall it downloading 11GB. Is it possible something has gone wrong and it's not fully updated? Not sure if the TBM AP YD is working automatically with AP either.

Massive Performance improvment with no more freezing every few mins and I have that 30knot tailwind that Windy.com says I should have 🙂

Happy Bunny right now !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, erick said:

- The huge/intermittent stutters that I was experiencing while in flight (partially resolved using process lasso trick) are gone! I can stop using Process Lasso now! Yay!

Can you activate Process Lasso with this new patch installed.  Does it give additional FPS improvement?

33 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

The autopilot on the Caravan shuts off after 10 minutes now and you cant turn it back on.

Same thing with the 172 analog. Was in heading and altitude hold mode. Then noticed I was drifting lower. AP was off and couldn't be turned back on.

Edited by desbean

I guess I'll chime in.

Substantial improvement!   

Winds aloft are working aces.   Weather perfectly matched where I was.  Slight FPS gain but stutter free!   

Couldn't be much happier.    

Yall done good, Asobo! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Amazing smoothness and fps around 25fps more - I found some nice settings from a poster at official forums for 4k screens but tried it on 32" LG gaming pc 1440 monitor works nice if interested see here - all credit to original poster - cant wait to see how it works on my 4k

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-2070-super-4k-settings-and-suggestions-episode-2/272854

Rich Sennett