Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

1 minute ago, desbean said:

Same thing with the 172. Was in heading and altitude hold mode. Then noticed I was drifting lower. AP was off and couldn't be turned back on.

Not happened during an 1h flight. HDG & Alt sel with a few change in VS. G1000 C172

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

38 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Are you on Wifi or a hard line to your computer?

Hard wire. After about a hour it backed up a bit and now is down loading again.

Like to add that my new saitek delivered today didnt come with the clamp - ah what not happy found out I need to order separate from him man oh man 

why I say this is controlling flight with keyboard just to get up in the air was a joke - they changed something as its way better now

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Impressive update and major performance improvement for me.

Kudos to the MSFS team.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

Do I really need to remove everything in my community folder before updating? 

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

Do I really need to remove everything in my community folder before updating? 

No need to remove before 

But might help removing everything if after the update something seems to be not working

Some mods could no longer work properly with the patch.

But having stuff in the community folder will not interfere with the patch operation itself

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

47 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Only the mod which lets you lower the screen lighting and the mod for the landing lights, possible problem found?

I installed the mods and the yaw damper does not engage with the AP, so yes, there's a conflict

Sergio Naiberg

I cannot start any flight out of European airports anymore. France, Germany, UK, always crashes during loading screen at 75/80%. No landing challenge (Nice), no Community flight on Friday (London) for me as long as this happens. Have had no CTD issues until today... well, welcome to the club it seems.

No issue with North America so far. And when it works, it seems to have smoother performance indeed and I had changing live weather (no more clear skys after the first flight or 3 knots of wind outside Europe). Just lost Europe for flying now completely... unhappy.

Does this patch make any changes to the options in UserCfg.opt?   I have mine set read only (to lock out sharpening).   I'm installing the patch now and set it to read write just in case.

1 minute ago, N7470 said:

Does this patch make any changes to the options in UserCfg.opt?   I have mine set read only (to lock out sharpening).   I'm installing the patch now and set it to read write just in case.

No

1 minute ago, N7470 said:

Not exactly sure about all the content but the sharpening was still disabled after the update. I didn't change write protection, though. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

14 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

No need to remove before 

But might help removing everything if after the update something seems to be not working

Some mods could no longer work properly with the patch.

But having stuff in the community folder will not interfere with the patch operation itself

I hope the Neo mod is NOT affected.

Am I the only one who is worried about controller sensitivity? ASOBO better have a fix or allow me to delay the patch update. I do not want to brake my enjoyable sim.

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 1