Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

EA Release: Working Title G3X Touch Mod

Not seeing in the Readme, or anywhere else, an instruction for installing your mod to try it. Which MSFS2020 aircraft are you using for dev?  I only see the XCub as having a G3x.  (We installed the G3x Touch in our C-182J last spring.)

So, where in the file structure of MSFS2020 should your files be placed?

59 minutes ago, Col_G said:

Not seeing in the Readme, or anywhere else, an instruction for installing your mod to try it. Which MSFS2020 aircraft are you using for dev?  I only see the XCub as having a G3x.  (We installed the G3x Touch in our C-182J last spring.)

So, where in the file structure of MSFS2020 should your files be placed?

Like almost all addons, just drop it in the community folder.

The VL3 also uses it.  I've done a mod for that as well (with some others)

https://github.com/r9r-dev/fs2020-vl3-rotax915

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great Job. I am using it with the XCUB mod and it is just perfect.

I cant find how to tune the ADF and i also cant find how to change the Course of the VORs.. Am i blind or something? Can somebody help?

Edited by earthdog

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

On 12/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, earthdog said:

I cant find how to tune the ADF and i also cant find how to change the Course of the VORs.. Am i blind or something

Nope, not blind! 🙂

Changing the course eludes a lot of people.    It can be done with the right hand knobs, but you need to be in full-screen PFD mode to do it.  If you're in split-screen mode with the MFD pane up the right knobs control that.   But hit the "full" button in the top right corner and your right knob can control course and baro.

As for ADF... no ADF on this unit!

• Upvote 1

Hello iCrea35

This is a known problem.  The only way around it is to click back inside the main window to take back control.

Asobo know about the issue.

Regards

Bonjour iCrea35

C'est un problème connu.  Le seul moyen de le contourner est de cliquer à l'intérieur de la fenêtre principale pour reprendre le contrôle.

Asobo est au courant du problème.

Cordialement

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Impeccable timing!

I'm done with ground school part of G3X and will start training on a new plane with dual G3X and Garmin GMC 307 Autopilot w. VNAV.  This will surely help in getting acquainted in the menues.

What Wonderful surprise!

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Hello, i am planing to uncouple the screen and run it in a touch screen monitor, is the sotware touch screen compliant? can i do such a thing of running in a touch screen monitor???

thanks, great job!!!!

1 hour ago, peloto said:

I have downloaded this mod from the official site https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3x/2021/10/19/g3x-release-v0.1.0.html, for the Icon A5, installed in the community folder, and the Icon A5 has the same basic GPS without autopilot. Is that normal, is this already not compatible because it has not more support from Working Title?

If you click at the top of the PFD screen, do you not get the autopilot?   Does it work in other airplanes?

We've been told that WT is still working behind the scenes on further G3X enhancements, you can ask them on their Discord channel..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

As far as I know (WT info on their discord, some time ago)  it's not in the planning.

I dont know how MS decides what to work on but I pressume it might be based on what's people want or use the most.

All the jet liner stuff is of no importance to me personaly because I dont fly them, but if the majority does, I cant understand that most of the work will be around that segment.

So if we want to give the G3X a change a lot of people should use it more and complain

(or start whining on a frequent basis, something you can learn at Avsim)

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you click at the top of the PFD screen, do you not get the autopilot?   Does it work in other airplanes?

We've been told that WT is still working behind the scenes on further G3X enhancements, you can ask them on their Discord channel..

No, is the same basic GPS, nothing changes. Only when adding this mods and its WT G3X included, anyway it is a bit frustrating increasing IAS or HDG only with touch screen and one unit per mouse click:

Icon A5LS Performance Mod by Chunky and Meesh chunkyflyer 1,150

Icon A5 - 2021 Performance Edition With Upgraded G3X Avionics & Autopilot for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS