Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

much less complaints about P3D5.1 HF1

Hope some day TacPack and the SuperBug make it over.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Ehh no.. they have been available for a while.. lol , Yes they work with V5..

Search for A320 Immersion V2 and 737 Immersion V2. I was the mayor contributor for the source code and effects on those projects..

I am working on building more ...😉

S.

I just bought the 737v2 - thank you for letting me know about the sale

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

12 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I just bought the 737v2 - thank you for letting me know about the sal

Enable release candidates so you get the latest things I am pushing.. 😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I do find that V5.1 HF-1 puts us in a very good place after the past year of drama and noise. I am spending all of my sim time with the great Flight1 Mustang and if you enjoy shorter range flights (1-3 hours or so) then it is worth having another look if you have not tried it.

Adding to that - the RealAir Spit also works in P3D v5.1, too. . . . . . 

😎   😍 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Ehh no.. they have been available for a while.. lol , Yes they work with V5..

Search for A320 Immersion V2 and 737 Immersion V2. I was the mayor contributor for the source code and effects on those projects..

I am working on building more ...😉

S.

I've just bought 737 Immersion V2, love Black Fridays 😉 BTW, good job 🙂

• Upvote 1

Adrian

5 hours ago, Paul J said:

no more fiddling with DX10

Hi Paul, nice to see you back, if my memory serves me right didn't you write a guide for DX10.

regards bob

er. .  um . . .   😚  not sure I should admit to that . . . .   🤔 could bring back some bad thoughts . . .

But, yeah - it is nice to be back, Bob (even as sporadically as it's been thus far) - and especially to recognise old names like yours, and to renew the aquaintances and friendships that we've all shared. I do intend to be here and participate more often - for the most part I'm simply lurking, picking brains (like yours) here and there. . .    There's so much new stuff my old mind has been boggling for weeks now! The learning curve and time spent on MSFS has been daunting, and with a decision made earlier this week to pursue v5.1 - there's more to come, as the expenditure for aircraft, scenery and all of the other addons has to be crammed into the day. Somewhere in there, there has to be a new GPU, too. (sigh) 

Yes - glad to see you!

• Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

6 hours ago, simbol said:

The reason for no complains is not because people is moving somewhere else.. I guess LM did something right.. 😉

It's been mentioned before that with all the attention given to MSFS, new people are discovering P3d5. I seriously doubt that Aerosoft's CRJ will satisfy MSFS users looking for a complex airliner. The P3d version took seven years to develop and then it was never considered to be one of the best aircraft for P3d. I flew it a bit when it was first released and then I hardly ever flew it again. I certainly won't buy it for MSFS unless it has an enormous discount for previous owners. It's going to take a whole lot more before MSFS has a decent fleet of complex aircraft.

That said, Asobo has managed to fix many of the major bugs in MSFS. None of the other sims even come close to looking as realistic. VR will even pull more users away from XP11 and P3d5.  The trend towards MSFS dominating the flightsim market will continue, unless for some crazy reason Asobo stops making improvements to the base sim.

11 hours ago, Steve_Ellis said:

MY biggest dilemma with V5 and whether I will continue with P3D is TOTALLY dependant on the developers and wether they continue developing for it.

There's the rub. I see a scenario where MSFS is dominated by a few bigger devs giving the masses what they want, while niche product devs, most of whom are surprisingly small, face chasing the will-o-the-wisp of LM's latest update for an ever smaller share of the market. I know one dev who is definitely not going produce for MSFS, at least one that is pretty dismissive of P3D, and another whose update on a P3D airplane that was fine in 4.5 (maybe 5.0--can't recall) is delayed while they're working on bringing stuff into MSFS. As I expounded at length elsewhere (sorry about that) I don't think there will ever be enough interest in airplanes from fifty years ago to see what we barely have in P3D 5.1 now. I have both, but don't have anything I want to fly in MSFS. So good, bad or indifferent, my only choice is to stick with P3D to the bitter end flying whatever that does NOT look like the Space X Dragon "cockpit," which is what most people seem to want.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Yes they work with V5

Your posts are really worth following. But here's a pet peeve of mine. "V5" doesn't tell me much. Something might work in V5.0 and not in V.5.1, or V5.1 + hfX. What if I decide to install the hotfix and now my favorite airplanes don't work? On the other hand, I've bought a "P3Dv5" airport, then went to the dev's page to download it to find in big red letters DOES NOT WORK IN 5.1. Now, in that case, I think he was just being honest almost to a fault, because there were some very minor graphics changes needed and I thought it worked great in 5.1. (And those were fixed pretty soon.) Another dev told me, "Yeah, it works in 5.1, but a couple of things aren't rendering right and I'd advise to hold off. Can't say when we'll get to it because we're working on getting some things into MSFS." I think we really need to know which version of P3Dv5 every single product advertised for "P3Dv5" actually works in.

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

Without wanting to drag this into yet another sim versus sim argument, MSFS has a lot of potential and some native features that older sims like P3D require add-ons in order to compete.

However, as it currently stands and IMO only, the recreation of the sensation of flight is better in P3D (with the use of ActiveSky). I too recognise the feeling that Paul describes and that's why I'm thankful that v5.1 HF1 has, after many months, finally given me a flight sim experience that I can enjoy.
V5 brought better performance, better lighting, better cloud depiction, better data and UI improvements, 5.1 HF1 made it usable!

As for developers focusing on MSFS, I also find it frustrating. Then I remember that a lot of developers saw their revenues plummet to 50% or lower than what they were before the MS announcement. A year of little to no income, followed by a rash of pent-up spending and additional income from new users on MSFS stuff, meant it was a no-brainer that was the direction the developers turned their attention for the past few months.

The good news(?) is that hopefully that surge has kept the lights on for our favourite developers. If the numbers of simmers returning (and more importantly buying) are to be believed, that will at least give developers a market to sell to. It might even convince some of the 'less confident' in P3D's future to take on new P3D projects.
Orbx just recently announced the much anticipated OLC Asia,
PMDG is bringing a brand new aircraft to their stable for P3D, Majestic is looking to refresh their Dash 8 and there are the multitude of other developers' projects that were already in the works.

Things are starting to look up. Have I mentioned how much I like this version of P3D?

for what its worth and my 2 cents - the following is a repeat of my comment on the subject a few days ago on the Orbyx  Forum

The news elsewhere that Orbx have responded to the wishes of at least a minority of regular customers

prompted me to maybe look at the marketing reasons  why Orbx - a true marketing company - might have

made their decision on producing the final part of their Global plan for OLC scenery -- i.e. ----- Asia - which some

may remember as planned area 5 some time ago.

My business background always makes me look at Flight Sim subjects like this - with my own marketing eye 

of which research must be the first step in any decision to proceed with any product

Firstly   -  we had Microsoft with FSX - but carried on too long because of the small sim market - and they gave it away

to Lockheed.

Some might say that they made a blue - in that their eyes became fixed on consoles and gaming - a

Huge market - because of the age factor - and we all know the story of the success in that Market. 

What they didn't see - or maybe ignored - was the entrance in the flight sim Market of a little Aussie mob - which

eventually became known as Orbx who had already changed the "Ground" rules of Australian scenery with a few innovations

of their own that actually produced a series of software replacing the posterised FSX with coloured semi -regional areas of Australia 

that eventually became Australia V1. - and an England regional - (the only competition at that time was really only Just flight with UK VFR

of which I still have the discs)

Lockheed's Idea at the time must have been to secure the codes for what they wanted was a training aid that had  the training 

potential in military and Civil flight schools - and their production of P3D- flight sim - 1 step above FSX - eventually with the huge help

of a growing Orbx concentrating first of all in Global - World regional scenery way beyond that previously seen in a Flight Sim

Orbx  had introduced -along with a few other smaller developers - a World vastly different than used in FSX - aircraft to tempt

the most ardent VFR - IFR - distance tube flyer - and Orbx working to a time table of completing the World's regions and OLC of which

2 were still in development and remained missing links inJune 2019

In the same June last year Microsoft - now deep into gaming on PCs and consoles - maybe remembering the early days of their FSX -with a playgame

of flying your own 747 - Concorde - etc - and a plethora of aircraft - ancient and modern that were developed in the wake of P3D

V1/2/3/4 and the newcomer XP - announced with a great blast of publicity - videos and screenshots - which made us all go "WOW"

the return to a flight sim - MSFS

Whether we were conned or not - is worthy of another question - for later thoughts

What it did do was a huge concentration by developers to churn out a miriad of new series of sceneries  - but no specific aircraft - other 

than what might be called by some as eye candy for this new sim - and most of the WIP for P3D and XP placed on the back burner at the same 

as Lockheed rushed out a New sim  - P3D v5 - adding more pressure on developers to make existing software work in V5

All in the middle of a Covid pandemic !!

Microsoft had seen  another marketing opportunity to return to flight simming which now had made a huge development strides 

in the 'Aged' market of old and new budding  pilots - happily flying the same plethora of vintage and modern versions of aircrafts

in World scenery as an hitherto unknown when they abandoned FSX . viz - the same market of Gamers they started fsx for all those 

years ago - based on Commodore and Apple success with this new flight sim - amongst all as a GAME

Same market - but based on super PCs and the Console hardware power - potentialy a different game to other simulations (trains and Trucks)

Apart from aircraft - are developers now getting a second breath - and maybe have realised that MSFS is not quite what the market thought 

it might not be  -- JUST YET - and what appears to be a change of thought with regard to the new P3D V5 with dX12 - and XP with Vulcan

literally changing the Scene for a return to a separate development of software than that of MSFS. Maybe recognition of not quite the same potential

for addons for the 1000s more X Boxes - that MS have planned the sim MSFS - on.

In summary - The sim  market will continue to grow  because P3D and XP have not been abandoned as originally thought back in June last year -

Lockheed will heed the obvious need  to develop V5 beyond the poor state it is in versus its own V4.5 - because it may well have a much longer

life in the flight sim community - especially amongst we who look for a simulator - as opposed to a simplified X Box gaming version - assuming that MS will not 

continue to try to develop such a top flight sim with a gaming Asobo

The decision by Orbx to continue development of its Global base addons in the OLC Asia package will give some impetus to Lockheed and XP

that Orbx has not abandoned its plans to provide us with a decent background to fly our Vintage and Modern tubes around in - using the expenses

we have already proved we are willing to add to in scenery - aircraft - and the new hardware that is now on the market - and NOT forgetting the

strides in monitors/TVs in 4 and 8 K- HDR should be a benefit to flight sims - not a source of complaints

Others will follow the example set this week by Orbx - who have listened to the words of long time simmers - and we - the customer

- will still have the choices of sim that covers our Market needs 

The right - Flight "Simulator" product - that fits into the right hardware - at the right cost -- at a fun profit for all 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Enable release candidates so you get the latest things I am pushing.. 😉 

Just became a customer of your 737v2 ... fantastic stuff, thank you. Also, I agree 100% with your opinions about P3D, lots of fun to be had on that one for a long time.

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

10 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

Your posts are really worth following. But here's a pet peeve of mine. "V5" doesn't tell me much. Something might work in V5.0 and not in V.5.1, or V5.1 + hfX. What if I decide to install the hotfix and now my favorite airplanes don't work? On the other hand, I've bought a "P3Dv5" airport, then went to the dev's page to download it to find in big red letters DOES NOT WORK IN 5.1. Now, in that case, I think he was just being honest almost to a fault, because there were some very minor graphics changes needed and I thought it worked great in 5.1. (And those were fixed pretty soon.) Another dev told me, "Yeah, it works in 5.1, but a couple of things aren't rendering right and I'd advise to hold off. Can't say when we'll get to it because we're working on getting some things into MSFS." I think we really need to know which version of P3Dv5 every single product advertised for "P3Dv5" actually works in.

Ok, It works with V4, V4 HF3, V5.0, V5.0 HF2, V5.1 and V5 HF1.

And as soon as P3D give me the next version.. I will make sure it works with it.. I test every single effect of these packages for weeks and weeks and weeks with each next P3D iteraction to ensure your product is updated and working correctly.. for FREE by the way 😉

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

And as soon as P3D give me the next version.. I will make sure it works with it.. I test every single effect of these packages for weeks and weeks and weeks with each next P3D iteraction to ensure your product is updated and working correctly.. for FREE by the way 😉

Slightly off-topic, but one thing I admire about dedicated P3D/FS/MSFS developers is that you're willing to immerse yourself in the depths of SimConnect for extended periods of time. I'd forgotten how painful COM development was (YMMV). I'm dabbling in a little sim development of my own right now (I'm a .NET developer in Real Life, but Web, not sim) and the Managed SimConnect API is just painful to use. I know most devs are using the native C++ library but even so... ouch. I had to stop and write a wrapper around the bits I'm using before I continued developing my main code because I couldn't face it. If the wrapper expands to cover enough of SimConnect I may put it up on Github. 

Edited by neilhewitt

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

4 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

I had to stop and write a wrapper around the bits I'm using before I continued developing my main code because I couldn't face it.

You tried the P3D .NET Simconnect implementation? no need for a wrapper if you use it.. it is all .NET native.. 

S.