Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

My offer to Asobo/MS

I offer Asobo/MS to give them back the new 4 USA airports, the 50's POIs, and the new elevation data for the US, in exchange for having the sim to be the way it was before Update 7.

It's clear (it seems not only for me) that there's a sim's performance degradation with the presence of very short pauses and micro stuttering and that the aircraft modifications that were introduced by this update affected their AP's functionality.

Hopefully they get the message.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The thing that gets me is, why can’t they just focus on getting the sim where it should be, and then add some nice new scenery? 
For example, we still have the banding line on the horizon. The ten degree heading issue with certain controllers. Stuttering. Grainy clouds. Etc etc....... Yet, they release fancy Japanese scenery and now USA scenery and soon U.K. scenery. 
Maybe it’s just me, but, I would much rather have a working sim, with contrails and water effects, and have all of the new fancy scenery AFTERWARDS. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yet, they release fancy Japanese scenery and now USA scenery and soon U.K. scenery. 

Absolutely. And we should also remember that they only add a few airports and POIs in places where you have literally thousands of airports and POIs, so the end result is practically nothing. Well, at least it's what I think of these "world updates".

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

35 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I offer Asobo/MS to give them back the new 4 USA airports, the 50's POIs, and the new elevation data for the US, in exchange for having the sim to be the way it was before Update 7.

It's clear (it seems not only for me) that there's a sim's performance degradation with the presence of very short pauses and micro stuttering and that the aircraft modifications that were introduced by this update affected their AP's functionality.

Cheers, Ed

They won't get your message and they won't take you up on your offer. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The thing that gets me is, why can’t they just focus on getting the sim where it should be, and then add some nice new scenery? 
For example, we still have the banding line on the horizon. The ten degree heading issue with certain controllers. Stuttering. Grainy clouds. Etc etc....... Yet, they release fancy Japanese scenery and now USA scenery and soon U.K. scenery. 
Maybe it’s just me, but, I would much rather have a working sim, with contrails and water effects, and have all of the new fancy scenery AFTERWARDS. 

Lets not foul ourself and think we are more important than we actually are. They'r not a charity, they are here to sell us things. The Avsim population is just a tiny fraction of the user base. The "others", the more casual users, need new shiny things, new terrain, new POI, new airports, to make them wait for the paid DLC that will inevatibly come. 

Franckly, the fact we get all this for free (for now) is kind of a miracle. 

Yes they break things that we care of, but lets be humble and realise that to most people, it doesnt really matter. 

Its not a niche harcore hobby anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Every time with this...

Technical skills on a development team are neither evenly distributed nor fungible.   The folks modelling Japanese temples and the Washington Monument to a large degree are not going to be the same ones fixing the autopilot or horizon rendering.    Both things can be worked on at once.

"Why can't they stop making scenery and fix the dang sim?!" is as silly as "Why can't the painter stop painting my walls and replumb the basement, instead?!"

• Like 14
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

The folks modelling Japanese temples and the Washington Monument to a large degree are not going to be the same ones fixing the autopilot or horizon rendering.

That would be Gaya. Subcontracted out by Microsoft.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I'm sure the Japan and USA updates were planned a long time ago, and I doubt that they they put current issues on the back burner just to release them.

• Like 1

Yep, I have more textures popping in, water climbing up hills, pixelation of clouds, and yes indeed stutters. Even a few CTDs. You can see the change from older screenshots I have. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Every time with this...

Technical skills on a development team are neither evenly distributed nor fungible.   The folks modelling Japanese temples and the Washington Monument to a large degree are not going to be the same ones fixing the autopilot or horizon rendering.    Both things can be worked on at once.

"Why can't they stop making scenery and fix the dang sim?!" is as silly as "Why can't the painter stop painting my walls and replumb the basement, instead?!"

Great post. Yes, different teams are working on different functions. It is not either/or. Dev staff aren't swapping functions. They have their own skills. It is extremely rare for a scenery developer to also do sounds or flight modelling. There are too many required skills in one area to be spread so thin in others.

I don't mind if they produce 100 new airports and fifty new regions. What I do mind is that the team who "fixed" the autopilot by slowing heading capture down to a crawl should understand that is not a solution to anything.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I expect FS2020 PRO ($150), with the totally different SDK made by 3PD consortium. And hopefully a new era of flight simulators will begin! 😄

9 hours ago, edpatino said:

I haven‘t noticed any stutters so far, in fact, performance is better than ever on my end. As they said, the optimizations affect systems differently. So I’m one of the lucky ones I guess. That said, I have problems with the AP too. And on the two longer flights I‘ve done in the A320 so far, I had the infamous oscillation problem which is rather annoying. I‘d never had this before. 

Regarding scenery updates, I don‘t see a problem. As has been said before, the scenery devs are in all likelihood not the same people who work on aircraft systems. So there’s no conflict here really. 

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Regarding scenery updates, I don‘t see a problem. As has been said before, the scenery devs are in all likelihood not the same people who work on aircraft systems. So there’s no conflict here really.

For sure the scenery devs are not the same, not even from Asobo, but some third party contractors. The issue is that the unwanted changes to the performance and AP come together in the same download.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

13 hours ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Are you bringing any money to to the table, other than that than??? they make the sim how they see fit.

Edited by jbdbow1970