Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

VFR Toronto - Real and Simulated (MSFS) Flight Comparison

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I notice the stadium on the approach to downtown Toronto was quite different.  It was covered in real life, but with the red seating exposed in the sim.  With you living around Toronto (I presume), is this recent work that was done?

Yup, the stands at BMO field were extended to add upper portions a while back.

• Like 1

What a great comparison,

Thank you for sharing this. I hope in time ASOBO can optimize some of these bigger cities with photo real images, I find Toronto pretty hard on my system. It is fun to buzz around in the 152 from my home airport (CNC3) 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Thank you so much for the time this must have taken to do.

MSFS is just amazing. Thank you for showing everyone just how good it is.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is this video with the stock scenery of Toronto, or with the enhancements available at Flightsim.to?

I was actually surprised you are allowed to fly that close/low to the CN Tower, what are the rules around that?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Well done! It must have been challenging to line up the simulator flight perfectly in speed, heading and field-of-view with the real thing. 

Wow, thanks for all the great replies! I followed the good old “magenta line” in ForeFlight to get the proper heading for both the sim and my plane. TBM in the sim was on autopilot at 2,500’. No autopilot in my plane, so all hand flying to maintain altitude and speed. As I got closer to the downtown core, I used the BMO (Bank of Montreal) headquarters tower to maintain my heading.

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Also, I have been to Toronto many times - I really love the place.  Because of this, it was one of the first places I wanted to visit in the sim, and I found a scenery enhancement pack that was really good...

https://flightsim.to/file/538/greater-toronto-area-enhancement-pack

Did you use this in the sim?  

Thanks so much for your efforts  - outstanding work; I could watch it all day! 😁

Thanks very much for your analysis and detail!

To be honest, this turned out better (video perspective) than I expected.

This is 100% default FS2020. No mods bobcat999!

• Like 1

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

11 hours ago, badgenes said:

Awesome video, Microsoft should pay you for the work you've done.  Labor of love I am sure but that surely was not easy to pull off and edit to boot.  Thank you for this video.  

I would love for Microsoft and Asobo to see this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

I was actually surprised you are allowed to fly that close/low to the CN Tower, what are the rules around that?

I'm curious what the rule is in Candida.  But in the US it is 2000 ft from obstructions and 1000 ft above the ground in dense city areas

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |