Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

T2G current status

Recommended Posts

Whatever happened to these guys?  I remember they went silent for a long time, but recently popped up and said they would be updating their sceneries for V5.  Is that still happening?  I only have their Orlando and their TFFR Guadeloupe scenery.  Both running nicely after various changes to make them play nicer in V5.  While I only have these two sceneries, certain aspects of them I like very much.  Despite being older.  So I for one would love to see them come out with some updates or the rumored Indianapolis.  Has anybody heard anything? 

  • Like 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Has anybody heard anything? 

You'd have better luck hearing a heartbeat in a rock before we hear anything from them. 

  • Like 2

Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

So I for one would love to see them come out with some updates or the rumored Indianapolis.


They posted this on their forums:

Quote
taxi2gate
Oct 24

Hi guys, we are still working, we hope to have finished kind (indianapolis) next month and the will come a lot of updates or migrations.

There's been no Facebook activity since May, very little on their own forums, plus the expected release date has been and gone with no further info.

They probably will release KIND in the next few months, but given how often they've disappeared, I wouldn't bank on them providing much support for it.


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; triple monitor
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Logitech Attack 3 stick; Saitek Pro Flight rudder; GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR


P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737NGX; QW 757 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; PMDG 777; JF C152

Share this post


Link to post

thanks guys.  Hey a KIND release for V5 would be just fine by me.  It's a beautiful airport and I think they would do a good job on it.  In fact as somebody who flies mainly in the us/canada/Caribbean I consider KPIT and KIND to be the two missing from my collection that I would like more than any other.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks guys.  Hey a KIND release for V5 would be just fine by me.  It's a beautiful airport and I think they would do a good job on it.  In fact as somebody who flies mainly in the us/canada/Caribbean I consider KPIT and KIND to be the two missing from my collection that I would like more than any other.  

Hopefully FSDT KPIT will be released for P3D...

  • Like 1

Shom

[P3D v5.1 HF1 running on Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Share this post


Link to post

Good to know they're still around and working on future products for the current simulators.  I appreciate their efforts and contributions to our flight sim community.  

  • Like 1

SAX702

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti || 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Share this post


Link to post

I was happy that they updated Hong Kong VHHH earlier this year.

Would love that they update Istanbul Airport (LTBA) for P3Dv4.


- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shomron said:

Hopefully FSDT KPIT will be released for P3D...

Totally forgot about that project that was announced years ago...are they actually still working on this??


Eric

P3D v5 & MSFS   i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Totally forgot about that project that was announced years ago...are they actually still working on this??

Fsdt is. But they haven’t even confirmed if it would come to p3d 


9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Simicro said:

I was happy that they updated Hong Kong VHHH earlier this year.

Would love that they update Istanbul Airport (LTBA) for P3Dv4.

They updated it because a new VHHH was coming out and they wanted to get in first.  I had high hopes that this meant that this was the beginning of a phase of updates of their other airports.  Not a hope...

Share this post


Link to post

Still using their TKPK, TLPC and TFFR sceneries in P3D V5.1. Would love to see updates with PBR and current SDK abilities but as T2G tends to operate as a submarine, surfacing to launch and then disappearing again, I don't hold much hope there.

Share this post


Link to post

T2G always appear to be a hit and miss affair in terms of comms. There's some long periods of silence and then all of a sudden a new update will appear.

I love some of their scenery even if it is becoming a little dated in some cases.I am happy to wait.

 


Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.1 HF1 & 4.5HF2 and sometimes FSX!

i7-8700K @4.5Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb Windows|WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p |beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  beQuiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU

Share this post


Link to post

T2G KMCO is still one of my favorite airports. It looks great in 5.1. I think I see even more detail in it now than I did in previous versions.

I actually just recopied it from my old FSX installation to my 5.1 installation to get a fresh start since I had to make some changes to things in the past to get it working in previous versions of P3D and I couldn't remember what I had changed. After copying it over, I made a new AFCAD in ADE to get it compatible with 5.1. I had already done that once but my edits were based on an AFCAD that I got from somewhere to fix something and not the original T2G AFCAD. I addition to removing all of the stock scenery elements that were bleeding through, I added new vehicle parkings on each of the 4 airside areas so that I no longer need to wait 20 minutes for the fuel truck to arrive, updated the approach lighting to match the current charts, and added some windocks where T2G seem to have forgotten them.

It still works and looks beautiful in v5.1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

T2G KMCO is still one of my favorite airports. It looks great in 5.1. I think I see even more detail in it now than I did in previous versions.

I actually just recopied it from my old FSX installation to my 5.1 installation to get a fresh start since I had to make some changes to things in the past to get it working in previous versions of P3D and I couldn't remember what I had changed. After copying it over, I made a new AFCAD in ADE to get it compatible with 5.1. I had already done that once but my edits were based on an AFCAD that I got from somewhere to fix something and not the original T2G AFCAD. I addition to removing all of the stock scenery elements that were bleeding through, I added new vehicle parkings on each of the 4 airside areas so that I no longer need to wait 20 minutes for the fuel truck to arrive, updated the approach lighting to match the current charts, and added some windocks where T2G seem to have forgotten them.

It still works and looks beautiful in v5.1.

You mind sharing that for the ADE challenged?


Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, B777ER said:

You mind sharing that for the ADE challenged?

Amen 


9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    39%
    $9,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...