Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

36 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

@zihmer001 @sd_flyer @odourboy and anyone else that has experienced a CTD, we are finding that all or almost all CTDs are related to having loaded a flight plan from the world map in the sim, versus either a simbrief import or manually entering the flight plan in the FMC.

If you guys have some time, it would be really great for you to try some of the flights that have caused CTDs without using the world map planner in the sim. So, just select your starting position and then click "fly" and either load a simbrief plan or manually program the FMC (for a "study level" experience, lol) and see if you get any CTDs in that scenario. If we can narrow the cause to the in-sim flight plan interface, we will have a much easier time tracing and solving it.

Thanks for the testing!

I'm planning to try that momentarily. I'll get back to you!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

39 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

@zihmer001 @sd_flyer @odourboy and anyone else that has experienced a CTD, we are finding that all or almost all CTDs are related to having loaded a flight plan from the world map in the sim, versus either a simbrief import or manually entering the flight plan in the FMC.

If you guys have some time, it would be really great for you to try some of the flights that have caused CTDs without using the world map planner in the sim. So, just select your starting position and then click "fly" and either load a simbrief plan or manually program the FMC (for a "study level" experience, lol) and see if you get any CTDs in that scenario. If we can narrow the cause to the in-sim flight plan interface, we will have a much easier time tracing and solving it.

Thanks for the testing!

Sure happy to help. One question I have never importer simbrief flight plan in MSFS. My experience only bound by XP. Is there any docs in this regard?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Sure happy to help. One question I have never importer simbrief flight plan in MSFS. My experience only bound by XP. Is there any docs in this regard?

Configuring the FMC for Simbrief import

·         Use Simbrief to create a flight plan and generate an OFP

·         Make note of your PILOT ID, which appears in the Optional Entries section of the flight planning (Dispatch Options) page

·         Load up the aircraft (you can start at a gate, parking position, anywhere you like)

·         On the FMC, press IDX to open the INDEX page and go to PAGE 2.

·         Click to open MOD SET

·         Enter your PILOT ID in the scratchpad (should be a 6-digit number)

·         Press the L2 LSK button next to the ------ under SIMBRIEF PILOT ID header - this will turn green if it has been accepted - this is now stored in the simulator and will remain persistent even after simulator restarts (you can skip these initial steps for future imports)

·         Press IDX to open the INDEX page and go to PAGE 2

·         Click to open ROUTE MENU

·         You should see FPLN RECALL highlighted with your PILOT ID under it in green

·         Click FPLN RECALL and your flight plan should import; you will be returned to the FPLN PAGE and will be prompted to hit EXEC to finalize the new flight plan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

@cwburnett Repeating essentially the same flight, but starting C&D and manually entering all FMC route info, I have successfully climbed to cruising altitude without a CTD. (I'm now en route from LAX to Honolulu with a full tank, a 50K tailwind, and fingers crossed because it's the absolute range limit... thinking deadstick landing lol.)

It's only one test, but it's promising. Supports the thought that flight plan data from the MSFS World Map is causing problems.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

5 minutes ago, odourboy said:

@cwburnett Repeating essentially the same flight, but starting C&D and manually entering all FMC route info, I have successfully climbed to cruising altitude without a CTD. (I'm now en route from LAX to Honolulu with a full tank, a 50K tailwind, and fingers crossed because it's the absolute range limit... thinking deadstick landing lol.)

It's only one test, but it's promising. Supports the thought that flight plan data from the MSFS World Map is causing problems.

PERF -> VNAV SETUP -> VNAV DESCENT change your FPA to 4 degrees and do your whole descent at about 220kts and you should make it 👍

(and thanks for testing out the manual FPLN - keep us informed)

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, odourboy said:

t flight plan data from the MSFS World Map is causing problems.

Will this be fixed in a patch?

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Will this be fixed in a patch?

First we have to find out what's wrong, but yea, our goal is certainly to identify the source of the problem and fix it. Right now this is just a theory and we're hoping that those few that have experienced CTDs can help us nail down whether, in fact, this is the common thread here. I can't make mine CTD whether I load from world map, LNM, simbrief, anything...and neither can anyone else on our team...so we need to rely on those that are experiencing the CTDs to help out. About 5k people have downloaded v0.8.0 and only maybe 10 have reported a CTD, so...it's a little hard to track down. If we had hundreds of reports it would probably be easier to identify faster...

A couple issues I noticed today.  First, when departing runway 8 from Juneau using the JNU5 departure with LVD transition, the aircraft made a left turn instead of right after liftoff.  Nav was preselected before takeoff.  It also got confused trying to make the left turn at the EEF R076 radial to radky.  I ended up having to do a dir-to to radky instead as it wouldn’t make the left turn on it’s own.  I also noticed the wing AI doesn’t clear the leading edge wing ice, at least visually.  Other than that, everything else seemed to work great!

EDIT:  Encountered 2 more issues on my way from PAJN to KRNT.  The aircraft was unable to smoothly make the approximately 45 degree turn at YZF - it was doing 30 degree banks left and right a few times until it finally settled back on course.  I was in Lnav mode at cruise speed approximately mach 0.76.  Second issue on approach rnav 16 runway at KRNT.  The aircraft followed the descent ok but was laterally about a half mile offtrack to the east.  I had to disconnect ap and make a sharp westward turn to find the runway.  FMA was on approach mode.  

Edited by Gilandred

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

took off from lows to eddf sid inrom1a everything perfect until just after finishing sid started enroute

fms suddenly went black absoluteley nothing would bring flight plan back

flight plan still showing on mfd ap still following plan

got to cancel flight now anyway

will try again tomorrow

jeff storey

I absolutely love this mod.  However, I have had two CTDs (first I've had since downloading MSFS 2020 Period 😲).  I do load my flight plans out of world map in the game as I'm sure I'm one of the very few that still use the in game ATC too...The last flight (KVPC-KBAZ by way of RMG VUZ J52 CLOUT MLU CWK) I even tried clearing out the FMC and reloading on my own....Still got the CTD almost at the exact same place (climbing out of KVPC runway 19 right at the point when TO is brought back to CLB)......On the last flight I didn't even take off in TO.  So far this hasn't been a hard failure as (knock on wood) it usually goes away after restarting the sim.  Like I said I have not had a single CTD on my system in MSFS2020 until I loaded version 8 of this mod.  I guess I was overdue compared to what some have had LOL.  Keep up the good work and good luck with the gremlin hunt!

Jevon 

3 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I have created a flight plan in Little Navmap, saved it in MSFS2020 format and loaded it into the world map planner. 2 out of 2 flights in the CJ4 with 0.8.0 mods worked without a CTD. Hope that helps.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I made a quick flight from las vegas to los angeles to try the mod.

What can I say... Whaouu ! Congratulation. It amaze me what you have manage to do in such a small amount of time. Fantastic job, thanks a lot.

Need to learn how to fly this think properly now.

One thing I noticed last night is that after loading a simbrief created flightplan into MSFS at the route planning page, the flightplan was loaded in the CJ4’s FMS despite me not changing the flightplan synch setting from default.  I also hadn’t set up simbrief integration yet.

Shouldn’t the MSFS flightplan not show up in the FMS if flightplan synch is not turned on or am I misunderstanding that?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Shouldn’t the MSFS flightplan not show up in the FMS if flightplan synch is not turned on or am I misunderstanding that?

It could be a bit better explained, but sync goes in the other direction: what you put into the FMC flight plan will be sync'd to the game flight plan (as best as it can be, anyway). On flight start, the sim flight plan (if one was made), will always be sync'd to the FMC, regardless of if that setting is on or off.

-Matt

Roger that, thanks Matt.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU