Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

Lorby MSFS Addon Organizer (Protoype) available

Oliver has made a prototype of Lorby MSFS Addon Organizer available in the downloads section at https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

• Like 11

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

This is truly excellent news, that is one of the unsung hero applications for P3D. Oddly enough, I was thinking the other day that Lorby was a bit quiet of late, and now I know why.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great to have alternatives but it will be difficult to surpass MSFS AddonsLinker

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, peroni said:

Great to have alternatives but it will be difficult to surpass MSFS AddonsLinker

Yeah

I cannot imagine how it could be better so far for me addon linker has worked perfect ! But now we have two

https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

regards

Edited by Denwagg
  • Like 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Chock said:

This is truly excellent news, that is one of the unsung hero applications for P3D. Oddly enough, I was thinking the other day that Lorby was a bit quiet of late, and now I know why.

Fully agree. This add-on saved my life several times during my P3D adventures!. Hopefully it'll be as good for MSFS. Will try.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, peroni said:

It is not even trying to. These little apps I make for my own use. Just thought that I could share this one. It may be too little too late, but if people just find it useful, I'm happy too.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I was thinking the other day that Lorby was a bit quiet of late, and now I know why.

Thank you for the concern, but that wasn't really it. This app took less than a day of total programming effort. The quiet is because development focus has shifted to the payware apps and MSFS. As per AVSIM rules I refrain from posting in threads about certain topics, even when I know that one of the Lorby addons would do the trick 🙂

Besides, I feel that all matters MSFS are still very much in flux, and having a rigid opinion about anything is just that - an opinion. Better to wait for things to solidify, wait until one can give actual advice.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 4

LORBY-SI

Thank you Oliver, going through your download page I found a nifty little tool that I'm going to play with a lot! That is MSFS Network Monitor

24 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Besides, I feel that all matters MSFS are still very much in flux, and having a rigid opinion about anything is just that - an opinion. Better to wait for things to solidify, wait until one can give actual advice.

Irregardless, I'm personally glad you're here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thanks Oliver, I remember all the time you spent working with me and my FIPs before SpadNext got his working.  I appreciate that personal attention.

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

As per AVSIM rules I refrain from posting in threads about certain topics, even when I know that one of the Lorby addons would do the trick 

I suspect you are erring on the side of caution Oliver. If you have a tool, freeware or payware, that solves an issue it should be noted. Hijacking a thread is another thing entirely but I've never seen you do that.

IMHO, if you have something to say on a subject that is helpful, go for it - especially if it solves a problem someone may have.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, peroni said:

I haven't been able to test this yet, but looking at the website and reading between the lines, my guess would be that this is editing the order of packages listed in content.xml?   If that's what it's doing, the advantage it has over Addons Linker is that you wouldn't need to muck about with directory names if you want to change sort order.

(The down side is that that's not an authoritative file; it's possible the sim could regenerate it, which would undo the changes.  But I suspect Oliver's tool would detect that and restore the prior configuration. 🙂 )

It might not let you keep packages in a hierarchical order the way Addons Linker dos, which would be a downside for me.   But not for someone who doesn't care about that. 🙂

24 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

my guess would be that this is editing the order of packages listed in content.xml? 

That is correct. 

24 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

But I suspect Oliver's tool would detect that and restore the prior configuration

The P3D version has that capability, but I wasn't sure if I should bring it over to MSFS. I think that starting small is the way to go, see how things work out (or work at all...) 

As a general rule I try to stay within the boundaries of the sim spec. There is not a lot that the MSAO does that you couldn't do by hand just as well. It is only more convenient.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

The P3D version has that capability, but I wasn't sure if I should bring it over to MSFS.

I feel like it might make sense.   It could be useful to be able to generate a clean version of that file anyway, since the game doesn't remove entries when a package is removed.  Over time it can get rather crufty.  Once that's done you're most of the way to restoring it if it's been reset by the game. 🙂

I totally get starting small though.   Scope creep is an insidious thing for sure.  😄

46 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

the game doesn't remove entries when a package is removed

MSAO should clean that up when you press "Save"

46 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

it might make sense.

OK, I will restore the layer backups feature in the next version.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 4

LORBY-SI

LMAO that MSAO is freeware and no charge for it.

Life is good! I'm happy!

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.