Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

From Flightsim.to to SimMarket in one day...

3 hours ago, ohnineohnine said:

I noticed something odd about the jetways. They are actually LVFR jetways!!!

Are you sure? If it is, this is wrong and I'd advise @kingnothing75 to remove the LVFR jetways from his freeware and replace with default or his own immediately.

Update: I looks like Adnan has taken my advice and now it's back up at flightsim.to. Now if Adnan is reading follow my advice and do some research on MisterX6 so that you can learn how to build your rep as an add-on developer. You don't achieve greatness overnight.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's definitely NOT acceptable for an international airport to be sold as a payware on simmarket with a default terminal building...

WELCOME! to AVSIM! (Your first post) Hope you enjoy your stay. :cool:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

It's definitely NOT acceptable for an international airport to be sold as a payware on simmarket with a default terminal building. It's appalling that Simmarket would even put that up for a moment. (It appears to be down now.)

I snagged this from flightsim.to while it was up, and I noticed something odd about the jetways. They are actually LVFR jetways!!!

Did you donate anything when you 'snagged it' as you say? If you did, feel free to appoint yourself the arbiter of all our potential outrage on such matters, if not, yours seems a rather ungracious attitude toward a freebie.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

20 hours ago, DJJose said:

Since you are new here and to this line of work, I'll advise you to take it off simmarket and offer it for free at flightsim.to.

Why? It's going to much better for you than it will be with your current decision.

If you want to learn how it's done, do some research on MisterX6 a well know dev for XP11.

I totally agree, My advice to Adnan is build up a good reputation as a freeware dev, and as your developing skills increase then you can possibly move into payware, complete with the knowledge that simmers recognise your name and trust that you make quality products, as you say just like MisterX has done in the Xplane world.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I just want to say that I appreciate Adnan's honesty as much as his work.
👍

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 minutes ago, David Roch said:

I just want to say that I appreciate Adnan's honesty as much as his work.
👍

Well said Buddy!

• Like 1

Since we are on the simmarket topic, I really think Simmarket should do themselves a favour and start to monitor the weird prices and have a proper vetting process on their site. Anyway I am thinking to file a complain about them on the Verbraucherzentrale (German consumer protection agency), has anyone from Germany has done this before in Verbraucherzentrale

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Since we are on the simmarket topic, I really think Simmarket should do themselves a favour and start to monitor the weird prices and have a proper vetting process on their site. Anyway I am thinking to file a complain about them on the Verbraucherzentrale (German consumer protection agency), has anyone from Germany has done this before in Verbraucherzentrale

amusing to say the least post !

Edited by arsenal82

Just having a look through some of the products on sale there, it's amazing that the developers are getting away with it and Simmarket are allowing it. However, I think to report/argue about it to Simmarket is pointless, they clearly don't care what they sell and don't/won't take responsibility for it. They'll only tarnish their own reputation if they continue that people will start going elsewhere to other places that actually vet the products they sell. If it bothers you, don't shop there.. they'll soon change their practices. If anything, I feel bad for the folks who are buying google map rips or hacked together light mods.

Clearly, some users have discovered how to do some rather basic things using the SDK (such as placing lights) and have decided to try their luck at selling it. Seriously, it isn't hard to do yourself, there are enough Youtube videos around that you can do simple stuff like this after maybe an hour or two's work. Either the users selling this content are deluded at their own ability or are simply trying to earn a quick buck and playing on the naivety of newcomers to the platform. The fact that one guy has 3 seperate companies and is selling various ripped Google content should be a red-light immediately to avoid. I've also seen certain other developers taking people's scripts and discoveries and selling the work/output as their own to make a quick buck.

The above isn't aimed at Adnan who seems to have realised that it's not something that could be considered payware yet. Whilst I'm sure you put a lot of work in to it, most renowned developers actually put huge amounts of work into their products, including making their own models and textures and actually charge less for it. On the other side, there are many developers on flightsim.to that could easily charge for their work and don't (Sergio is one of them), and it's these users who we'll see becoming the next group of popular payware developers. As others have said, build up a reputation for yourself, then start selling when the time is right.. as many of us have done before.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ohnineohnine said:

They are actually LVFR jetways!!!

You may be right but consider this. In P3d the SODE jetways at many payware airports look quite similar. That's because Jeffrey Stahl the author of SODE, provided a sample jetway with his SDK that developers used as a template.

Further, there's a thread at FSDeveloper where a developer did the same thing with the sample MSFS SDK jetway. Developers tend to do the least amount of basic work as possible, especially when developing a complex object.

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

As others have said, build up a reputation for yourself, then start selling when the time is right.. as many of us have done before.

Well said by another role model.