Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

FLAI has been decommissioned

39 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

So which group was trying to use the models in FLAi  to create their MSFS2020 project. Since AIG and FLAi have been mentioned and are complying with the creators wishes, why don't we know the name of the offending group.

The answer is simple:

It does not matter for anyone else as those who are "directly involved". 

I think to many users are going way to far when it comes to make any statements, decisions and/or selling facts which are simply no facts.

Maybe closing this thread will be better and protect others who are hard working people with passion for a hobby.

Marcus 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Thats good to know 😉 I got reports that the US Reginal Carriers flying for the big Airlines (UAL, AAL) are not working with the current way AIGAIM installs them (multiple parking codes), can you confirm this?

Take this with a grain of salt, as I am much more focused on my own aircraft during a Vatsim session. But with vPilot pointed to the AIG OCI directory I notice the following points that would require a model matching:

1. Retro aircraft (e.g. A320 BER4EVR, SAS MD80...)
2. Fictitious combinations (DLH B767, virtual airlines...)
and, as you correctly mentioned,
3. Regional Carriers 

The latter is the most challenging, as callsigns selected by the users not necessarily match the AI codes. We use DLHX for an AI Embraer 190 to improve AFCAD parking assignment, while the online user might select DLH only similar like the flights operate in the real world. And than of course you have CLH used on Vatsim, which is not used at all in AI or in the real world (since a few years I think?).
US Regionals are the one which give the headaches, as they operate with their operators code as you know. SKW could fly for UAL or DAL and we on the other hand use UALX or DALX. Hence, no matching. 

The good think is that the regional carriers (whether it be in the US or in Europe) are manageable in their complexity in regards to model matching. Yet, it's a bit hard to verify the problems on Vatsim, as the regional aircraft (Aerosoft CRJ, Feelthere 170) are not that common and the usual FSLabs,PMDG,ToLiss aircraft dominate. For the major carriers (including the US Legacies) is model matching rather robust without any work on the model matching. So, if you intend to look in that area it would be the best to start with those points I stated. 

But I am mainly an AI guy, so every correction here is welcome. 
PS: But if I there is anything I could test / look up for you or Chris feel always free to message me. Not sure if I could add something meaningful but ready to help if needed 🙂

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

for now it is important that AIG OCI works in around 80% of the cases in VATSIM without any work from our side. Based on thsi we can plan in our current discussions and talks. I guess it is also important for VATSIM to know that there is still a freeware option ready for them 😉

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

9 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

important that AIG OCI works in around 80% of the cases in VATSIM without any work from our side

From my experience it certainly does. And even if my statistics professor at university would discourage me from such bald, unproved statements: I would estimate to operate well above 90% actually. And a huge thanks for looking into the options.

• Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

The answer is simple:

It does not matter for anyone else as those who are "directly involved". 

I think to many users are going way to far when it comes to make any statements, decisions and/or selling facts which are simply no facts.

Maybe closing this thread will be better and protect others who are hard working people with passion for a hobby.

Marcus 

Well my point is that many people here have blamed AIG, FLAi etc. when in fact they were not at fault, and if I read correctly in this posts seems Unknown others were trying to utilise the models to port them to MSFS2020 without obtaining permission to do so, creating all kinds of speculation. As for anyone else, that is the many users of FLAi  and the people that consolidated the work for its use in Vatsim, they do mattter a hellof a lot more than the culpable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

And to finish with a bit of optimism for all of you: I never used FLAI and only use my AIG installation for model matching (simply pointed vPilot to my AI folder). Believe me when I say that I am not missing much (if any?) traffic. Nobody will be without model matching in the future.

With FLAI they provided a VMR file that, within vPilot, you would point to it to use with matching liveries. What do you use when using your method for Vatsim?

Eric 

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

for now it is important that AIG OCI works in around 80% of the cases in VATSIM without any work from our side. Based on thsi we can plan in our current discussions and talks. I guess it is also important for VATSIM to know that there is still a freeware option ready for them 😉

Never been to the AIG site. Do you have to register to get to the latest AIG OCI to use with Vatsim?

Eric 

You can point your vPilot trough settings to your AI installation folder. vPilot will match automatically trough aircraft.cfg files.

You need avsim + flightsim library accounts to use downloads hosted there. AIG forum account is optional (if you need support)

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/

On 1/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, micstatic said:

Well I’ll be backing mine up. So while no updates it will still continue to work 

How do you back up the FLAI files, and where are they located?  Does the Xml file need to be backed up as well? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Pete Locascio

48 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

How do you back up the FLAI files, and where are they located?  Does the Xml file need to be backed up as well? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

I’ve discovered so much of my vatsim traffic I thought was flai was actually aig. So I’m less concerned about it. But you should have a big directory where it all installed. That. Then the xml addon directory. And the vpilot flai docs in you documents folder. When in vpilot you can type .traffic and then you can see which model is generating each livery you see 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 hours ago, simbol said:

Another freeware group pretended to use FLAI as a mean to obtain all the models to create a project for MSFS, this despite FLAI saying they were not allowed to do such thing as they were not granting permission

Wait, I thought that freeware group explicitly announced that they working with FLAi in order to obtain all the permissions the needed? https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl-first-trailer-and-flai-partnership/323430?u=omarsmak

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Well my point is that many people here have blamed AIG, FLAi etc. when in fact they were not at fault, and if I read correctly in this posts seems Unknown others were trying to utilise the models to port them to MSFS2020 without obtaining permission to do so, creating all kinds of speculation. As for anyone else, that is the many users of FLAi  and the people that consolidated the work for its use in Vatsim, they do mattter a hellof a lot more than the culpable.

I think there is misunderstanding going on here, that group I was following their progress since the beginning on MSFS fourms and they explicitly said they need to obtain the permissions on every painter in FLAi packages, hence I don't think there is a clear party to blame. 

I would also think it will be more suitable to close this thread as there is misunderstanding, spiculation without proper facts and this may hurt different parties.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think there is misunderstanding going on here, that group I was following their progress since the beginning on MSFS forums and they explicitly said they need to obtain the permissions on every painter in FLAi packages, hence I don't think there is a clear party to blame. 

I would also think it will be more suitable to close this thread as there is misunderstanding, spiculation without proper facts and this may hurt different parties.

I agree, there is really nothing more to add and the thread should be locked.

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

With FLAI they provided a VMR file that, within vPilot, you would point to it to use with matching liveries. What do you use when using your method for Vatsim?

Hi Eric, 

It's exactly like Hummel Black already described. And with vPilot automatically reading any folders with SimObjects it should already offer you the folder to select. Just move the AIG folder up in  vPilot and deselect any other SimObject folders (on my pic I have also some custom AI folders active but in your case only select AIG).

And if you like you can also select a model if no matching livery is found. Per default is this the P3D CRJ700, but I opted for a blank Airbus from AIG. Just look through the folders what texture/model you would like and copy the content of the matching title= section of the aircraft.cfg over to vPilot.

4o6v7Rm.jpg

hghFF1s.jpg

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Forgive me for asking but does anyone have the installer they are willing to share or point me in the right direction for another similar programme? Juts done a clean install of P3D and forgot to back up and FLAI files.