Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

The TBM 930 is an Amazing Aircraft

We need a good mod for our TBM, the default engine management is a shame.

• Upvote 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well, hopefully not at the price they charge for the real one ...

5VvEo0L.jpg

$13,930 extra for a fire detection system? Pretty sure that should be standard! 😄

I use it in VR it is very good !

Sometimes It did not go on the loc on ILS I Don't know why (Yes in NAV MOD in the pfd)

I also have some Strange things happenig with the flight plan (with and without the mod)

I use my cpflight MCP with it , for the moment I do not use anymore my 737NGX..

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

I use it in VR and agree, it is a great experience.  Did a night flight in Alaska last week and the immersion was fantastic.  Need a way to be able to dim the G3000 displays at night, waaay too bright.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

2 hours ago, joby33y said:

I use it in VR and agree, it is a great experience.  Did a night flight in Alaska last week and the immersion was fantastic.  Need a way to be able to dim the G3000 displays at night, waaay too bright.  

Pretty sure using this you can dim the avionics - https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.3.4

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

TBM is my favorit aircraft also 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Porta-Pottie.jpg

20 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

It’s a great plane and all, but we really need a community mod for THIS!?!

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=63b15fc4-dcd9-4649-89ed-371afde83d01

I was simply flying KBDL - KPWM post my wife serving coffee and really could have used this!? 😉

West Marine sells an Identical PortaPottie for $99 compared to the $9,900 TBM wants for theirs.  I've owned a 42-foot sailboat for 26-years and always complain that we pay extra, way extra, for something with a "marine" label  - I guess I won't make that complaint anymore

Edited by TacomaSailor
add image
  • Like 4

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

35 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

West Marine sells an Identical PortaPottie for $99 compared to the $9,900 TBM wants for theirs.  I've owned a 42-foot sailboat for 26-years and always complain that we pay extra, way extra, for something with a "marine" label  - I guess I won't make that complaint anymore

The ironic thing is a lot of TBM will not have these addons and the reason is NOT the cost as if you can afford to operate a TBM at all that sort of capital outlay is irrelevant. 

The real issue will be the extra weight and the way that adds to the hourly overheads and reduces max payload .

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The real issue will be the extra weight

As strange as it feels to be discussing a flying toilet on the internet, I'll point out that this article claims there is no weight penalty.

With no weight penalty, this option is priced at $9,990, and is available through the TBM international sales and support network.

• Like 1

OK - Trim just went nuts on a new flight!  I've heard others mention this but this is the first time I've experienced it.  Going through the pre-takeoff checklist I went to check trim at neutral (I have the elevator trim on my control stick so I can easily adjust trim with my thumb).  I noticed the MFD indicated trim was just a small amount down, so I pressed my up-trim button and nothing happened.  I did it again for a few seconds.  OK, I thought, maybe my trim isn't working now (though it had always performed fine before) - I let it be.

I started my takeoff roll - within a short distance the nose literally popped off the runway and I was hanging on for dear life!  I managed to get the nose wheel back on the ground and managed to rotate at the proper time, though now I was fighting to keep the nose from climbing into stall!  I held my down-trim button and the pressure slowly released - I was able to make a normal flight from then-on.  (And I ignored the trim indicator)

I guess what surprised me the most about this is that I'd swear I've seen the indicator respond before.  I'm wondering now if it is something connected with this livery (used the blue livery for the 1st time) or that the trim indicator just isn't working in the the G3000 or the TBM yet or maybe only with the sim's trim wheel?  At least I know my trim assignment works...  🙂

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

50 minutes ago, system-default said:

As strange as it feels to be discussing a flying toilet on the internet, I'll point out that this article claims there is no weight penalty.

Oh interesting ... the $36,000 version adds 62KG but that may be the cubicle.

2 minutes ago, RandallR said:

OK - Trim just went nuts on a new flight!  I've heard others mention this but this is the first time I've experienced it.  Going through the pre-takeoff checklist I went to check trim at neutral (I have the elevator trim on my control stick so I can easily adjust trim with my thumb).  I noticed the MFD indicated trim was just a small amount down, so I pressed my up-trim button and nothing happened.  I did it again for a few seconds.  OK, I thought, maybe my trim isn't working now (though it had always performed fine before) - I let it be.

I started my takeoff roll - within a short distance the nose literally popped off the runway and I was hanging on for dear life!  I managed to get the nose wheel back on the ground and managed to rotate at the proper time, though now I was fighting to keep the nose from climbing into stall!  I held my down-trim button and the pressure slowly released - I was able to make a normal flight from then-on.  (And I ignored the trim indicator)

I guess what surprised me the most about this is that I'd swear I've seen the indicator respond before.  I'm wondering now if it is something connected with this livery (used the blue livery for the 1st time) or that the trim indicator just isn't working in the the G3000 or the TBM yet or maybe only with the sim's trim wheel?  At least I know my trim assignment works...  🙂

That is just the good old trim/elevator coupling bug that has been around for a while on a few aircraft.  it seems to mainly effect modded aircraft.

if you can remember to do a "free and correct" check when you spawn and cycle through all stick positions it seems to prevent it.

Is there space in the TBM to take a dump with that porta toilet? And if you're single piloting and feel the need to rid yourself of that stale chicken you had last night you're  - literally - word not allowed out of luck.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Oh interesting ... the $36,000 version adds 62KG but that may be the cubicle.

It's the power assisted door that comes as part of the package

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg