Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

My approach to KDFW used to be smooth.. Its just pause and go. Sigh! No hit on the CPU.

Untitled.png

Noob question: Why is your 10900k not boosting to 5,3 GHz?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

Noob question: Why is your 10900k not boosting to 5,3 GHz?

Don't know. 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Looks like this update broke a bunch of things on the Carenado Arrow III.  So now everyone who bought that aircraft earlier this week gets to wait several weeks for a patch to be approved by Microsoft.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I realized just now when I got home from work, that you are forced to run this update no matter what. Just like the forced updates in Windows 10. When you read about issues with the update, and you still  have to install it. Like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets. 

On a side note, I wonder just how many beta testers they have working on this project?

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, marsman2020 said:

Looks like this update broke a bunch of things on the Carenado Arrow III.  So now everyone who bought that aircraft earlier this week gets to wait several weeks for a patch to be approved by Microsoft.

Good luck getting a patch from Carenado

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Not a good sign for Aerosoft to be releasing their CRJ

• Like 1

Manny

Blimey, I've actually got some ai now.  Flying up the Eastern Coast of Russia north of Japan, pretty much in the middle of nowhere and after 5 minutes I've already heard a Siberian and Russian airline on the radio.  Has live ai improved or is it just a coincidence. Hardly heard any before the update. 

There was a long list of fixes and improvement on this update, and I have notten anything that affected me..now the FPS killer is the poison pill I have to take? hmmmm

Manny

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Quite the contrary: They can test the plane with the new update before releasing it.

Juan Ramos

From day one, I guess I'vebeen  lucky. I've never had a CTD or any of the problems that others experience after an update. I have not added any addon scenery. I have only one aftermarket aircraft. This update went fine, and I just finished a short flight uneventfully.

My prediction? If MS don't sack and replace Asobo in the next four months then MSFS 2020 has less than two years to live.

MS will then roll out a new Game called something like Virtual Tourist which will be a dead easy operated Drone to explore the Azure Cloud World.

We were guinea pigs. That's all. It was never about flight simulation. It was about World 2.0

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Or just Flight with their Arrow. 

• Like 2

Just finished the updates and...no change in performance here (better or worse).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

funny that the first emergency patch in MSFS history is for the legacy liveries 😋

I've flying the PMDG QOTS2 in that other sim, but I'll definitely be using MSFS for my airliner flights now I can fly with an Orbit livery!!!

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Watching this patch download and so much of it is liveries and airports. Are these so important, and not fixing the bugs and CTD problems first? 

• Like 2