Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

3 minutes ago, bendead said:

Could I have confirmation that the A32NX dev was updated for the new sim update?

I just had my airbus, turning without using rudder in auto and then doing a barrel roll... 

Sure you used the A320 and not the extra 330 instead?

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

I get 30 FPS as that is what I have locked to for vsync. Check your max FPS has not set itself to 15 under the in-game vsync setting.

Also check you have not limited the FPS in graphics card control panel.

Daz

THANK YOU Daz!

It had vsync on and it was set at 30FPS. I took off the Vsync (its now off) and I get 70 FPS on first page. LOL 🙂

start.png

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

Sure you used the A320 and not the extra 330 instead?

😁

But, thinking about that maybe I did not use the wrong plane but the wrong liveries "FSX one's", I will try with the default version

Edited by bendead

1 minute ago, Manny said:

It had vsync on and it was set at 30FPS. I took off the Vsync (its now off) and I get 70 FPS on first page. LOL 🙂

Great. With MSFS you have to check the obvious as some weird things can happen with the settings after an update lol.

• Like 1

Just did a couple of touch and goes at KFLL ( where I soloed over 40 years ago), in the Mooney, and its as smooth as silk after the update. Everything works. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Isn't there a setting profile we could save and restore like in FSX/P3D? Sigh!

Now, I need to check other things..but I don't remember other things and what I had. Sheesh!

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

3 hours ago, espent said:

This is how the contrails looks for me:

Looks very good close to the aircraft, but there is some funky stuff going on when you are further away.

So after I installed the latest update from Zinertek (ENHANCED AIRPORT GRAPHICS) my contrails are looking much better.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, fmrCXflyer said:

Yes. Before this, I add smooth 30fps through the entire flight. Now it shows my MainThread getting hammered throughout the flight and fps will bounce around from 30 down to 20 and all points in between.  No add-ons. Flying offline doesnt help the situation where in the past it would have if you started seeing the Red Manipulator issue

Bumping the Vert Sync up from 30 to 60fps or even off seems to have smoothed thing out but it was only a small test and not a full flight.

For some reason the MainThread seems happier at this setting (solid yellow bars vs red and purple and the limitation now shows GPU now vs before where the limitation was the CPU). 

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

THANK YOU Daz!

But that Vsync on 30 was working great after the last update. The smoothest I ever had.  I hope they haven't broken it again. :unsure:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

27 minutes ago, asnamara said:

G1000:

Finally we have Track Up that works on the map. Although we already had HDG up in the WT G1000 mod. We can Turn Synthetic visions off. Most of these improvements were already available with the WT Mod.

Still no way of doing a proper Direct To in the FPL. Menus are still buggy as hell. I did initiate an RNAV and even though the altitudes were NOT reflected in the flight plan, it followed the procedure to the tee with VNAV and eventually APP mode selected. VNAV switched into GS.. that's a major improvement. Autopilot seemed vastly improved (C208 Caravan).

But in essence nothing as drastic as the WT Mod, and I cant wait to for Working Title to update the G1000 and improve on the latest MSFS Updates.

Still a major disappointment. You would think a partnership with Textron would ensure a solid rendition of the G1000 on the Caravan.

Am I correct in saying - "What you describe above works without  the WT G1000 mod ..?"

Late here .. will try tomorrow. Thanks

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

But that Vsync on 30 was working great after the last update. The smoothest I ever had.  I hope they haven't broken it again. :unsure:

As usual, there are probably lots more "under the hood" changes than what's in the release notes...wish they were more explicit about those.

• Like 1

MS/Asobo is addressing many things w/ regular updates and a very steady pace.  I've never seen anything like it-except perhaps to a cadre of alpha/beta testers of which I was one once.   The make or break will be incorporating the fully robust SDK, and they know this of course.  Getting world-wide scenery as right as possible is clearly on the top of the priority list especially the port to DX-12 and console release.  These foci must be taking up a huge amount of staff resources I would imagine.

Ultra-realistic scenery and atmospherics is not really a necessary condition for a 'hard-core flight simulation' product as the many users of the other sims will always attest.   But history tells us for those who are into desktop flight simulation, scenery and atmospherics rank right up there as ultra important. Typical is spending $50-$200 for the base flight simulator, then it's hundreds and hundreds more for scenery, weather engines and texture upgrades, at least it sure was for me and clearly I'm in good company.  MSFS is starting this backwards as it were.  To me, the primary reason for this has to do w/ the console release where folks new to flight sims can play for a few $$.  It's really a fantastic piece of software thusfar no matter its shortcomings.   Of those who begin to dabble on Xbox several will segue on to desktop flight simulation--that is if they find the parts for a proper PC :senyum:.  Perfect approach for a product w/ a 10 year service life.  The unknown part is how far will the 'hard-core flight simulator' components be developed.   To me, oddly perhaps to some, this is really the easy part compared to what MS/Asobo has already accomplished.   Because of this I feel there is a very strong likelihood they will get to the point of bringing in high end planeware and other add-ons.  PMDG, FSDT and even FSCaptain are chomping at the bit of just the few I know and love.

In my mind, there is no doubt the folks there understand all of this and where they are at in their deployment timeline.  Even though I'm 75% back in P3D I am continually reminded of just how good MSFS currently is for the other 25%.  And the 75% has nothing to do w/ flight modeling--it's all the NGXu, the 777, GSX II & FSCaptain.  The core simulator, outside of having the requisite hooks for the addons, is really pretty pedestrian by comparison to MSFS, which is really an alpha release w/ its frequent updates.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Manny said:

and I get 70 FPS on first page

with flight training and news tiles disabled I can get 80 on the menu page 😉

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

But the flight ..approach to KDFW still sucks.. Its slightly better at 20FPS but stutters like hell.. Just Pause and go every half a second.. It's unflyable.

Manny

Ok, so not a question of liveries, the FBW DEV version of the A320 is broken.

If during a climb i disconnect the autopilot for 5 sec and do a small rudder input, after reconnection the AP, it will roll the other side until upside down