Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

The Garmin updates (or lack thereof) is the greatest disappointment for me.

This topic was at the top of the development wish list for months, and the Sim Update 3 was held out as the event that would bring us some improved function..

• Like 6

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

An updated GNS Beta has been promised for tomorrow..

Thanks Bert.  Saw you in the sim today...well maybe you were in tht menus hehe they call it "onboarding."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, Armchair Pilot said:

I would much rather they slap those contrails on AI planes around me rather than myself. would probably making spotting them easier and give the sky abit of a cool feel especially in busy channels.

Exactly what the point of on your own plane, your in the cockpit anyway

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but for those wondering, the "always on toggle" 10 degree bug was not addressed this release either.

But hey, how about those contrails! Am I right?!?

But it's fine...everything is fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

This is just so amazing to me.  Textures are razor sharp you can practically taste them!   I don't know how to describe the value of having such a close approximation of reality over what I became used to for so many years which was being in the ball park but never sure what stadium you're in--i.e., land class w/ or w/o enhancements.   This is on the apron of RW16L at KRNO and panning all around there's no doubt exactly where you are.   How do you quantify the value of that?  It's much different than 'it looks nice', or 'it's eye candy'.   Nope, it's what's there in large part and that is just so different that my prior experience over the past decades.  This shot does not do it justice it is just so sharp!

KRNO-Sharp.png

Edited by Noel
  • Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

26 minutes ago, jelder said:

The author said he would release an update tomorrow.

Great news 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, Chock said:

They really need to streamline/automate the patching process. Go to the MS website navigate to your stuff you bought, download an update, then fire the sim up, then download a patch, go to your profile download a patch, then download another one and so on. It's farcical.

Updated 1.03GB from the store, restarted pc, started MSFS and started update, but it starts downloading 1st file, then restarts downloading the 1st file over and over and over...finally finished first file. Started dl second file and restarts over and over and over, finally finished 2nd file, now 3rd file same thing. offensive initials not allowed? At this rate it's going to take a month for it to finish.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

28 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but for those wondering, the "always on toggle" 10 degree bug was not addressed this release either.

But hey, how about those contrails! Am I right?!?

But it's fine...everything is fine. 

This was announced (clarified) as in update 4 early April.  So no surprise on that one 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

I had repeatable micro-pauses (not stuttering) north-east of Salzburg airport.  This is when GPU and CPU drop to zero utilisation for about half a second (sometimes a few seconds).  Seems like it has something to do with 'manipulators' (whatever they are).

Anyway, sorry to say this is still an issue after the update.  I didn't expect any different of course, as it wasn't listed.  But they change things without documenting them sometimes (like the trees again this time), so I hoped they might spot something and fix it.

I will zendesk it, as they may be able to trace something.  I believe it is due to broken scenery / mesh, as in some areas they have fixed (and runways) to make the black lines go away, I now have silky smooth performance.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, raymar said:

The only negative that I have noticed is the FBW A320neo (dev ver) has no instruments - daja vu Mooney panel last year.  Tried reboot, change planes, reboot, removed most of the liveries, no joy.  Will wait 'til the daily update tomorrow.

Ray 

FBW Development branch is already updated. They updated it like not even an hour after this patch went live. It works fine.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zinertek said:

OK guys, we just want to set the record straight when it comes to the contrails! 

Turns out that our product 'Enhanced Airport Graphics' and this new update doesn't mesh well when it comes to the contrails. Aside from that, it is working as intended.

Whenever Asobo releases updates sometimes it breaks certain add-ons or makes them behave in weird ways. This is why we developers have to scramble to fix these type of issues when official updates are released. 

The good news is, we have identified and addressed this issue. 

We will release an update to our add-on within the next hour or so which fixes the contrails issue. 

You will be able to download the updated installer from your Simmarket or Flight Sim Store account in about an hour. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Was this update ever passed on to the flightsim.com store? Don't see it.

James

I did the update at the store, 1.03Gb or whatever it was, then launch the game and the update was 9.xGb of installation.  Went smoothly as it always has.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Was this update ever passed on to the flightsim.com store? Don't see it.

The update is available at SimMarket (three hours ago).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I had repeatable micro-pauses (not stuttering) north-east of Salzburg airport.  This is when GPU and CPU drop to zero utilisation for about half a second (sometimes a few seconds).  Seems like it has something to do with 'manipulators' (whatever they are).

Your post's timing couldn't have been better! Was flying around LOWS for about 20 minutes with the FPS viewer on, didn't see any Manipulators stutters. Decided to head north-east, and it triggered the stuttering. Most were really quick, but I also got a rather long one before exiting the trouble area. Will report it too.

• Like 2