Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

Just now, blueshark747 said:

As in seeing terrain lods transform before our eyes? I have that issue.

That’s another issue too. Terrain morphing and objects popping in as you literally fly right over the top of them at low altitude. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Lots of conspiracy theory’s in here. I just think it’s a case of, bitten too much off, can’t chew it. 

Which is entertaining to read, FSnon 😂😂😂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yup it doesn’t seem to be working anymore, and without it the LOD is really poor. I noticed this straight  away in VR. 

Its honestly something i can deal with for now by leaving the tree mod in. Like you’ve stated the sim looks horrible without the mod.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Did they finally implement VNAV/LNAV? I am having a hard time understanding if that is what they are talking about for the A320 in the aircraft section.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

Can you now set waypoint altitude constraints?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Well I just fully updated, rebooted, checked settings, and did my first and usual test flight between Sedona and Flagstaff, scattered clouds, and late afternoon sun to generate a few shadows. I checked MSFS had not changed my settings, but I never normally get that anyway, and even my user config file had remembered shadows at 4k and zero sharpening, so all good there.

I am happy to report that I had no issues (community C152), and performance was still stunning for me.  I still have my new setting of in-sim Vsync set at 30, and it is still great and silky smooth.

I also noticed a Kenmore C152 in there when I picked the C152! :biggrin:  So all good here up to now. 

The runway at Flagstaff was still fixed, which means performance was excellent (used to stutter badly when it had the black lines / fractures across it). 
Also, flaps seem alright and I greased every landing I attempted, so no complaints from me (I know the C152 is easy though!) 

I need to do a few more of my usual 'after-update' test flights but all good up to now.  I can now buy my Spitfire, the JF Arrow (tomorrow), and maybe even the Goshawk!  My credit card will be on fire! :biggrin:

For those having issues, it could be a 3rd party addon not playing nicely, or some settings have been changed by the update.  I have everything back in my Community folder (including the TBM, which was just updated to work again).
I am holding off on Wycombe airfield as a performance problem was reported with that, but I will test it myself later.

Other things working for me: -

FS Blog tree mod - all still to the horizon!  (Note, there is a new version 3 of this over on the site).   I am reassessing this after doing a test flight in the Alps.  Tree distance does look shorter, and the trees even look different.
Toolbar handle remover (the white thing at the top of the screen when you move your mouse).
The instrument toggle in outside view (hidden HUD) .
VR VFR map (which is great, and better than the default map).  By the way, this was loading the map really quickly on scrolling.  It seemed to have lag before.
Propeller mods for virtually all default prop aircraft (more transparent and less stroby).

Other notes, I found the new fauna setting in the 'traffic' menu.  I guess it adjusts how many animals you get.
I saw the aircraft customisations, but haven't tried them yet.
Load times seem a bit quicker again, and quick between menus - maybe because a few things get refreshed.

Also, for the first time I tried rudder assistance in the sim (it only works while wheels are on the ground).  It's great and has really enhanced my enjoyment of the sim. 
The plane still moves about a little but it is much easier to correct and keep straight down the runway. 
You can also hold the nose off on landing without weaving all over the place, and on take of, as it hops up, it does a lovely little weather-vane into the wind - it feels great! 
So go on - don't let your pilot pride get the better of you, give it a try!  I am loving it, better than the unrealistic reaction wind on the ground, which has been really spoiling it for me - we all know reaction to wind on the ground is a bit broken, so it is acceptable to turn it off I think.   Anyway, back to more testing....

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm stoked there is a master brightness for the G3000 displays in the TBM 😃

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

One hour flight in he Mooney from KEFD to KVCT.  Perfect flight, zero problems, good FPS....😀

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The only negative that I have noticed is the FBW A320neo (dev ver) has no instruments - daja vu Mooney panel last year.  Tried reboot, change planes, reboot, removed most of the liveries, no joy.  Will wait 'til the daily update tomorrow.

Ray 

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

49 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yup it doesn’t seem to be working anymore, and without it the LOD is really poor. I noticed this straight  away in VR. 

Yes, it looks awful now, the tree line is shorter and it is shimmering at distance, I was looking forward to flying the JF Arrow tomorrow, but now the joy of flying has disappeared, Asobo are now seriously testing my patience 😞

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Yes, it looks awful now, the tree line is shorter and it is shimmering at distance, I was looking forward to flying the JF Arrow tomorrow, but now the joy of flying has disappeared, Asobo are now seriously testing my patience 😞

Yes, I am just doing a flight in the Alps.  It does indeed look different.  Something has changed.  I hope the FS blog site can fix it!  I am reporting it to FS Blog to see what they think...

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

One hour flight in he Mooney from KEFD to KVCT.  Perfect flight, zero problems, good FPS....😀

Bob did the PMS50 GNS mod get updated yet?  Or are you not using that one?  I get a black screen in the Mooney when I enable that mod.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Bob did the PMS50 GNS mod get updated yet?  Or are you not using that one?  I get a black screen in the Mooney when I enable that mod.

GNS 530 mod is unfortunately broken, and the standard version is awful to use, no fun at all.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

The author said he would release an update tomorrow.

• Like 1