Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Jörg Neumann regarding World Update data and the playerbase

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I dunno. Lets see. Be honest ? Stop telling tall tales?  Shut up and put the house in order ?  Try to understand and satisfy the existing customers  (TODO: Inertia, surface authority, ground effect !!) ?

He gotta do marketing. If he goes out and tells people that they are about to release a sim that basically only offers potential, even the casual gamers would reconsider.

Don't take managers talk too serious. As you said - it's marketing. And excpet for enthusiast, he's not even lying. For casual gamers it's a serious simulation if they have to know what switches to flip to get the A320 up and running. For enthusiasts it goes beyond of course. They know what those switches actually do. But for that stuff, you have to listen to the devs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

In other french news:

Glad for them. Asobo's baby is a great game and a good sim . Is is my only sim today. And that makes the way it is handled since its premature release so frustrating.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Personally, I want to see Asobo perform their next Q&A through the medium of dance. 🤣

Yes, and it would be appropriate to have the Portsmouth Sinfonia come out of retirement to provide the music.  I was crying at this.  😆

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

ROFL!

It's a shame that you British left the EU, so boring now with only vdLeyen's perfect haircut. Your Boris is playing in a whole different league haircut-wise. 😁

• Like 1

I want less talk and more doing from MSFS upper management.

So many things that have been promised over the last 6 months are not done.....The only thing I can measure against is what we get in patches which was not much in Sim Update 3.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

22 hours ago, MarcG said:

Switzerland would be bloody cool, already love flying there so to have it in even better detail would be great.

Switzerland's already bloody cool;

estfgesdtgrd.png

Geneva departure on the MEDAM4D SID.

• Like 2

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Wait for the FS2020 Summer Update, it will be less cool for sure! 😂

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

20 hours ago, Chock said:

Personally, I want to see Asobo perform their next Q&A through the medium of dance. 🤣

How about mime? "my bodd-eee is my too-ool"

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

estfgesdtgrd.png

^^ I'd like to see better mesh. I think the resolution could and should be higher.

https://i.imgur.com/jTTnXhB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yLT9t6S.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Asobo/MSFS incorporate the (now) free data into a World Update for Switzerland.
The Swiss 3D viewer shows just how detailed the information is. https://map.geo.admin.ch/?layers=ch.swisstopo.swissnames3d&lon=8.24528&lat=46.04722&elevation=87928&heading=360.000&pitch=-44.188&lang=en&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe
If AS/MS get it right, Switzerland might just be the best World update for quite a while.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

30 minutes ago, F737NG said:

^^ I'd like to see better mesh. I think the resolution could and should be higher.

https://i.imgur.com/jTTnXhB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yLT9t6S.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Asobo/MSFS incorporate the (now) free data into a World Update for Switzerland.
The Swiss 3D viewer shows just how detailed the information is. https://map.geo.admin.ch/?layers=ch.swisstopo.swissnames3d&lon=8.24528&lat=46.04722&elevation=87928&heading=360.000&pitch=-44.188&lang=en&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe
If AS/MS get it right, Switzerland might just be the best World update for quite a while.

There are certainly things that could look a little bit better, but there are other things that could be much better. I still don't understand why they invest so much time and money in this part of the sim.

Release those resources for the next year and instead hire more consultants on the same model as WT.

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

That "ignore this user" button's right there when you hover over someone's name.   Don't be afraid to use it instead of arguing with folks who thrive on being tedious axe-grinders. 😁

• Like 2