Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Problems with updated JF Arrow

2 minutes ago, xender said:

That sounds great! (Not in real life, but in the sim 🤣)

I've found a new bug too: The chronometer only counts if the yoke is visible. If you hide the yoke it stops counting until you show it again.

So far i've only experienced those two bugs. I just started my 6 hour journey. Lets see how it continues.

Same problem here with the Chronometer.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The co pilot is there on every load, swop to an out side view and back and she is gone. State savings is on and she is turned off.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The co pilot is there on every load, swop to an out side view and back and she is gone. State savings is on and she is turned off.

The first thing I did when I bought it on release day was to remove her and the pilot, I have never seen them since then.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

OK, successful flight, everything worked. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I think the dark GPS screen is related to a bug in the sim after SU3, I know I have read about it.

It is a sim bug.  Happens randomly but can happen on any plane. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I'm also getting the co-pilot showing on load until going to the outside view and back.  Weirdly, if you set it to on before doing that (shows as off when loading in) you then get two of them stacked on each other.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

funny, I can't get the Arrow to move!  Parking brake is off.  Engine controls appear to agree that power is applied, I even see airspeed, but no motion!  I'll try the uninstall and reinstall concept.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyinion said:

I'm also getting the co-pilot showing on load until going to the outside view and back.  Weirdly, if you set it to on before doing that (shows as off when loading in) you then get two of them stacked on each other.

Sounds kinky......

32 minutes ago, bob5568p said:

funny, I can't get the Arrow to move!  Parking brake is off.  Engine controls appear to agree that power is applied, I even see airspeed, but no motion!  I'll try the uninstall and reinstall concept.

I've had that with the original Arrow.. reloading the airplane fixed it..

Bert

31 minutes ago, bob5568p said:

Chocks removed?

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Chocks removed?

Yeah, that got me a couple of times. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, that got me a couple of times. 

That's nothing. I once started a pushback with a cone still behind an Aer Lingus A321 coming off stand 6 at EGCC lol.

In my defence, I'd literally just walked out of the crew room on the way somewhere, when someone was going off shift who'd been working on the Aer Lingus one, meaning they had no headset person for the push, so they signalled me over to headset that one out. Now quite apart from the fact that personally, I wouldn't bugger off halfway through a job, end of shift or not like the person who was supposed to be headsetting the thing had done, I went over and started to do a walkaround check of the plane as they pulled the steps off front exit of the thing, but they were all like 'no, don't bother with a walkaround, we've done it and it's gotta push out now!' as they thrust a headset into my hands.

This means of course that a proper walkaround could in fact not actually have been done, because the last thing you check on a walkaround, is the passenger door and the pitot tubes, after the steps or jet bridge has come off, to make sure they were not damaged by any contact with the steps or the bridge, and that was what I had started looking at when I'd first gone over to the aeroplane, since I'd approached it from that side. so I gave the door a quick once over and saw the probes were okay and assumed they'd done the rest of the checks.

Well of course I should have known better, but at their insistence, I quickly put the headset on and started talking to the A321's crew and getting ready to release the brakes for the pushback and considering when to start the engines up in relation to what was behind the thing when it would turn, then just as I looked under the thing to check it was clear before instigating the push, someone was all in my face saying 'there's still a cone behind it, why haven't you done a walkaround?!' and so I replied: 'I was doing one and this ground crew stopped me from doing it and told me to get on with it. So take it up with these idiots, you tw**!' This was over the sound of an APU running, to a guy with ear defenders on, but I was so annoyed when I yelled it, that I'm pretty sure he heard me anyway lol.

That was a lesson learned of course. If someone is rushing you and wants you to skip checks, just tell them you are not prepared to do so, whether they like it or not. And if they don't like it, then they can get someone else to do the task. Those checks are there for a reason. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I found the following fix from JustFlight in their community forums to address the whiskey compass stuck on North. Worked great.

That will be fixed in an upcoming update - https://community.justflight.com/topic/1806/update-change-logs-edited-19-03-21

In the meantime it can be fixed manually be editing the 'JF_PA28_VC.xml' file in *\Packages\Community\justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\model*

<PartInfo>
<Name>UPPER_compass</Name>
<AnimLength>360</AnimLength>
<Animation>
<Parameter>
<Code>(L:UPPER_compass, number)</Code>
</Parameter>
</Animation>
</PartInfo>

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chock said:

That's nothing. I once started a pushback with a cone still behind an Aer Lingus A321 coming off stand 6 at EGCC lol.

That was a lesson learned of course. If someone is rushing you and wants you to skip checks, just tell them you are not prepared to do so, whether they like it or not. And if they don't like it, then they can get someone else to do the task. Those checks are there for a reason. 🤣

Foolish!  Why didn't you just click on 'remove cones' on your flight pad? :unsure:  

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 hours ago, xender said:

Im testing it. So far the only problem that i have is the compass is stuck pointing north.

@JustFlightScott should i open a ticket? Or your devs are aware of the issue?

Devs aware and is down to be sorted in the next update.  Details of that are here: 

https://community.justflight.com/topic/1806/update-change-logs-edited-19-03-21

• Like 1