Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Flight Sim Blog - Performance Fix!

Nooo!

Don't you go deleting those files in the Ofiicial Folder unless you have major systems failures going on with the sim.

This is a good fix - but it certainly doesn't involve invoking Downloading and Reloading of the Official Files.

It's essentially lessening the drawing of complex sceneries and thus, taking the pressure off your rig. Which can be good.

Don't you go mucking about with them Official files in the Asobo Folder. Not required for this to work.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Oh No!  My sim won't start now!...  :unsure:

Only joking! :biggrin:  I saw your post first and put the moved the 'fs-nav-base' folder back before I ran MSFS again.

I need to fly now, so I will do my trusty Sedona - Flagstaff - Grand Canyon Airport run.
Not a stutter or pause on this flight at all now, and the scenery is quite good.  
We just have to find where to fly until Asobo get it all fixed up.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Your very brave to try this. I found I had the Asobo Lowi and Orbx Lowi both showing.

The post on Orbx forum show what files to delete. I luckily moved them and did not delete. With this Asobo files “Deleted “ when I started MSFS it wanted to DL 800 Mb of files...... closed it returned files all well.

I went and found it in the UI and uninstalled the Asobo version from there and all was well.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

They should stick to fixing the Tree Draw Distance.

However, Bobcat - being a qualified MSFS2020 Test Pilot - I will try it now. . .

If I'm not back here posting in 30 minutes assume the worst.

Will listen on Guard for the ELT beep I hope I don't hear.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

LOL, so you must remove all default airports and only use modded ones? 

That is no different to saying that in order to eliminate aviation accidents, don’t build aircraft. It will work....😁

You can build them...just can't fly them (they are pretty to look at after all)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I tried this, but immediately reverted back. I had assumed it removed the Asobo hand-crafted airports, but it removes ALL airports. LOL.  The cure is worse than the disease.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I tried this, but immediately reverted back. I had assumed it removed the Asobo hand-crafted airports, but it removes ALL airports. LOL.  The cure is worse than the disease.

Does it actually remove the airports, not just make them look worse? How can it be considered a fix?

Well, in this case I have a fix to cure all the stuttering in the sim: https://imgur.com/a/UlnbR0p

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Go back to the East of the City and the dreaded pauses come back again.  It is showing the usual 'manipulators' problem with GPU dropping to zero utilisation for seconds at a time.  Sometimes difficult to get back to the menu even (Esc key) it is that bad.

There's a similar stutter region nearby around KPT VOR (Kempten). If I fly there, there's from beginning a lot of suttering, doesn'T matter which plane, weather, time, date or even setting. Only LOD seems to sure it if you set it really low.

I think we have different bugs here.

The stutterings around certain regions like LOWS or KPT as example are probably from single hickups in this specific region because sth went wrong with their data. Maybe some Vector problems or whatever.

The stutterings we get since 1.14.6.0 are different in my opinion, as they occur everywhere. But it's just wild guessing and I have no evidence.

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doublepost

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

This fix deserves the April, 1st award 🤣. Curing a stutter by removing the airports. If it doesn’t work should we remove the aircraft as well ?

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

This fix deserves the April, 1st award 🤣. Curing a stutter by removing the airports. If it doesn’t work should we remove the aircraft as well ?

Sorry!  I posted it a few days too early! 😝

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I think anything's worth a go to improve matters.

A good exercise bobcat.

Yes, I will try almost anything to get my sim back the way it was.  Still, I had some good flights last night by selecting my areas carefully!  :smile: