Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

1 hour ago, rlk281 said:

...they just keep getting better and better!

This is a *must* buy if you relish a challenging (!!!) super-husky warbird, and is keeping me happily busy and distracted until the AS CRJ matures in its ILS capabilities! 🙂

You are, of course, aware that flying warbirds is an addiction and never again you will set foot in your CRJ ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I bought this last night, and what a beauty to fly. ( I found take off was fine with the recommended trim settings) I still need to get a hang of the blown engine, oil splattered windscreen as despite monitoring the engine temp, and cowls open to aid cooling, i still managed to blow the thing up in two flights last night. The first was due to me forgetting to monitor the temp, but the second was in a steep climb for a less than a minute with the supercharger on. Fantastic sounds and level of detail, this is one of my favourites already.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

You are, of course, aware that flying warbirds is an addiction and never again you will set foot in your CRJ ?

...here's hoping this Milviz outfit is so successful with this drop-dead beauty, that they crank up the WWII production! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Propeller drag (along with quite a few other prop dynamics) is not modelled in the current sim.  Even feathered a big prop like the corsair ( over 13 feet diameter) should contribute a fair bit to drag.

The Corsair devs may have fudged in some factor to account for the lack of prop drag in the basic MSFS flight mechanics of course.

Thanks Glenn, that makes a lot of sense and certainly explains a few things I’m experiencing with the warbirds.

4 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

On Milviz website it specifically says that the Corsair is for MSFS Standard Edition? Big bold font at the bottom of the page where you click ‘buy”. I presume it works with Premium Deluxe version? Seems an odd statement to make in that case.

Yeah, it works fine in the super-duper version. I presume they were just pointing out that it'll work okay in any version.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm experimenting with takeoff methods and am curious if most people maintain a straight takeoff roll by holding back on the stick?  I've been trying this but then I find the transition to a neutral stick position challenging without losing all control of the aircraft.  Or, if I don't transition to a neutral stick position I end up lifting off before actually hitting the proper rotation speed which gives me an airborne aircraft on the verge of stall.

What methods are people using and finding works well?

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'm experimenting with takeoff methods and am curious if most people maintain a straight takeoff roll by holding back on the stick?  I've been trying this but then I find the transition to a neutral stick position challenging without losing all control of the aircraft.  Or, if I don't transition to a neutral stick position I end up lifting off before actually hitting the proper rotation speed which gives me an airborne aircraft on the verge of stall.

What methods are people using and finding works well?

All trim set as manual.

Line up. Tail wheel locked.

Stick full back

Power to 30 MAN as speed builds up

Power to 90% power

Keep stick full back till stall light flashers

Relax presure on stick a bit..

As the aircraft wants to lift off relax stick, balance it.

When you off relax stick and nose lowers, climb and trim.

LAND:

LANDING GEAR………………………………..………DOWN < 200 KTS

FLAPS………………………………………………………...10 < 180 KTS

FLAPS………………………………………………………...20 < 160 KTS

FLAPS………………………………………………………...30 < 140 KTS

FLAPS………………………………………………………...40 < 120 KTS

FLAPS………………………………………………………...50 < 100 KTS

Now....

TRIM to take off......1 up....and same trim as take off setting.

CANOPY……………………………………………………………….OPEN

APPROACH SPEED………………………………………………..90 KTS

LAND… just above stall speed. Then touch down FULL STICK BACK and hold it there untill stoped. Use brakes

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Did anyone notice any rain effect on canopy or it’s not implemented ?

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just one..

Screenshot-984.png

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is a fantastic bird and the first takeoff was anticlimactic and uneventful after reading the stories here.  But admittedly this was in calm conditions before the marine layer set in this morning and with plenty of runway at Chino CA.  

However, although I went through the checklist step by step, any tips on how one gets rid of this annoying and persistent tooltip about the water/methanol injection?  I'd gladly put up with the glass gunsight edges if I didn't have to stare at this after the engine warms up...

dqdA1BS.jpg

eDTUh9k.jpg

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I love this bird but takeoff/landings shouldn't be this hard.  A slight crosswind and it's game over after 60 knots.  I wish we had a real world tail dragger or a warbird pilot to chime in.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

This is a fantastic bird and the first takeoff was anticlimactic and uneventful after reading the stories here.  But admittedly this was in calm conditions before the marine layer set in this morning and with plenty of runway at Chino CA.  

However, although I went through the checklist step by step, any tips on how one gets rid of this annoying and persistent tooltip about the water/methanol injection?  I'd gladly put up with the glass gunsight edges if I didn't have to stare at this after the engine warms up...

dqdA1BS.jpg

eDTUh9k.jpg

You can Disable 'Tips' in the Assistance Menu somewhere -