Sign in to follow this  
Bosco19

MSFS 2020 is really getting there!

I'm looking for something as frame friendly as the standard jetliner A/C but with a little more realism.  I know that's probably trying to put a square peg in a round hole, but does anything come close yet?

1 minute ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm looking for something as frame friendly as the standard jetliner A/C but with a little more realism.  I know that's probably trying to put a square peg in a round hole, but does anything come close yet?

DC-6 next month or the CRJ.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

DC-6 next month or the CRJ.

Ah is the CRJ nice and buttery? (I have a solid 30FPS almost everwhere with the defaults) 

I'll check that out.  Excellent

• Like 1

I still have P3Dv5 installed but I have only opened it a couple of times to check on a few items.  Haven't flown with it since the USA update in MSFS.  It's sort of a shocker when I do because of the stark comparisons.  What can I say... good thread.

• Like 4

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

3 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

The CRJ by Aerosoft?  Two Twitch streamers, EdwardThePilot and TimeToJet, that are certified IRL CRJ pilots, have said the CRJ for MSFS is very, very good.  Since they are certified CRJ pilots IRL, I take their opinion with more weight than others that are not certified CRJ pilots. 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Still, I'm not kissing P3D goodbye completely until all of the technical add-ons it has can be more closely matched by MSFS, which will happen eventually.

I have to go back to P3D every now and again, for a serious tubeliner cockpit that works as it should and can be relied upon when flying VATSIM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Petraeus

1 minute ago, Langeveldt said:

Ah is the CRJ nice and buttery? (I have a solid 30FPS almost everwhere with the defaults) 

I'll check that out.  Excellent

I think you will enjoy this aircraft. It has some challenges as no A/T and VNAV. Have fun !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilari Kousa said:

Better than XPL? The FM?

Yup. In fact, vastly superior.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. In fact, vastly superior.

That’s interest Chock.  Since you are a real life pilot, can you explain why you think the MSFS flight model is superior to XPlane? It would be interesting to read your reasons since I keep reading the opposite, that XPlane’s flight model is better than MSFS.

Maybe other real life pilots can also comment on why MSFS’s flight model is better than XPlane’s flight model.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

That’s interest Chock.  Since you are a real life pilot, can you explain why you think the MSFS flight model is superior to XPlane? It would be interesting to read your reasons since I keep reading the opposite, that XPlane’s flight model is better than MSFS.

Maybe other real life pilots can also comment on why MSFS’s flight model is better than XPlane’s flight model.

IRL pilot here.  I still think XPlane's is better and less forgiving of bad, unbalanced flying.  I've never flown an A320 also but I keep floating them in MSFS which I'm fairly sure wouldn't be happening IRL. 

MSFS is better than FSX in terms of flight dynamics, but it's not X-Plane levels.  It still feels a bit like it's on rails.  I love the weather and atmospheric effects which you don't get in XP though. 

• Like 1

Nor FSX or P3D or FS2020 can touch X planes flight model, there no comparison whatsoever, none, XP11 flight model is outstanding. FSX us a bloody joke, I cant beilieve people are still flying that.....bloody crazy. X plane all the way here for me, currently flying Aerobasks Phenom 300, it is just superb!

• Like 2

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 minute ago, tull said:

Nor FSX or P3D or FS2020 can touch X planes flight model, there no comparison whatsoever, none, XP11 flight model is outstanding. FSX us a bloody joke, I cant beilieve people are still flying that.....bloody crazy. X plane all the way here for me, currently flying Aerobasks Phenom 300, it is just superb!

I would challenge that.  As much as I love flying in XP11, it doesn't get everything right. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tull said:

How much Real-life flying do you have?  I have been flying RL since the late 70's and was never impressed by X Plane. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

41 minutes ago, tull said:

Aren't we able to do slips in MSFS but not in X-Plane?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

IFR conditions in MSFS are the reason I finally moved on from P3D. Its just way too good. I love approaching an airport with low clouds/visibility with rain. I took off from KATL a few weeks ago and could barely see in front of the nose while taxiing out

• Like 5