Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. If the in-sim Marketplace sold MSFS merchandise, such as polo shirts, tee shirts, and coffee mugs displaying the MSFS logo, would you be likely to make a purchase?

• Yes, I would likely buy MSFS merchandise.
    • No, I would NOT likely buy MSFS merchandise.

While I can see the appeal its not for me - and not just for MSFS either. Im not into branded merch of any kind.

Another issue is that there are many companies online and IRL (like in a mall) where you send them a picture (in this case MSFS logo, or a screenshot from the game) and they'll put it on coffee mugs, t shirts, hats, shoes, for much cheaper than an official Microsoft or Asobo source.  In Asia this sort of thing is even cheaper to do. At malls there I saw many stalls where they displayed mugs, shorts etc with video game characters on them and theres computer terminals where you can design your own. 

They already sell merchandise for Xbox. It could show up there one day. It wouldn't be in the In Sim market Place, I don't think. Notice the age group of the models. Not sure most of us buy gaming/simming merchandise, but I could be wrong?

https://gear.xbox.com/collections/xbox-halo-summer-collection

I think there will be merch at some point for MSFS, one day!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

I'd buy a Captain Sim fleece

bet that went over some heads...LOL

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

42 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Notice the age group of the models.

Also only the one female model, the rest are all male.

They have a very specific target market in mind.

47 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Also only the one female model, the rest are all male.

There's only two models, one male and one female. There's just more products being modelled by the male model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

I'd buy a Captain Sim fleece

Somebody remind me of something: A few years ago, I bought a commercial airliner for P3D. When I installed the product, the airliner had no landing gear. The plane just floated a few feet above the runway and functioned as if the gear were down. But the gear weren't visible. I then learned through experimentation that the P3D version of this airliner actually used files from FSX but did not copy these files to P3D during installation, perhaps for copyright reasons. The System Requirements for this airliner mentioned nothing before purchase about having to also have FSX installed on your computer for the landing gear to be visible in P3D. When I then installed FSX on my computer, the landing gear showed up perfectly well for the P3D version of the airliner. Did anyone else experience this oddity? Was this a Captain Sim product? 🙂

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

5 hours ago, David Mills said:

I know what you mean. I’ve been stunned over the years to read on this forum how many men are totally under the thumb of their wives when it comes to flight sim purchases of any kind, even $15 scenery add-ons. I too do what I want with the money I’ve earned. 

It is more of a partnership than under the thumb I would say. I am the sole earner in my household. My wife sacrificed her career to ensure that both of our young ones had one parent around as they were growing up. This is a tough ask in todays world. I handle the finances but consult her on any sizeable purchases because I feel that it is the right thing to do. We are equals in our marriage.

As far as buying merch goes, I would if it was something cool. But a shirt or cap with a logo on it just wouldn't appeal to me.

No thanks. Besides, shipping + customs duties would probably be higher than the cost of the merchandise itself. 

Branded stuff .......aaargh. Hate it.

Not sure why I'd want to be a walking billboard for someone else's product without being paid.

......it's the devils work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

10 minutes ago, GaryK said:

Not sure why I'd want to be a walking billboard for someone else's product without being paid.

I take it you walk around naked?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I take it you walk around naked?

Hardly any of the clothes I wear have any sort of branding on the outside, I suspect I am not alone. So yes it is possible to walk around and not be a walking billboard whilst actually wearing clothes.

• Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I might buy a mug of I liked the design, and the price wasn't too dear.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)