Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?

Would You Buy MSFS Merch (such as shirts, and mugs)?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. If the in-sim Marketplace sold MSFS merchandise, such as polo shirts, tee shirts, and coffee mugs displaying the MSFS logo, would you be likely to make a purchase?

• Yes, I would likely buy MSFS merchandise.
    • No, I would NOT likely buy MSFS merchandise.

Only if MS pays me to wear the T-shirt as a promotional garment. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sure, go for it! 

It could all be on fire sale after next Tuesday anyway!  😆

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Maybe but I would rather they finish fixing the game first. T-shirt with an “Are you sure you want to uninstall MSFS?”, logo on it anyone...

9 hours ago, David Mills said:

I know what you mean. I’ve been stunned over the years to read on this forum how many men are totally under the thumb of their wives when it comes to flight sim purchases of any kind, even $15 scenery add-ons. I too do what I want with the money I’ve earned. 

Yeah, me too. It's actually kind of hilarious (and not only flight sim stuff). Then, for some odd reason, the wife don't seem to have to ask the other for permission to buy her 12th pair of shoes.

That being said, my significant other has permission to shoot me if I ever buy a MSFS-Tshirt.. 🤣

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, yidahoo said:

Hardly any of the clothes I wear have any sort of branding on the outside, I suspect I am not alone. So yes it is possible to walk around and not be a walking billboard whilst actually wearing clothes.

So you never wear sneakers from adidas or puma, etc.?

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Most flight simmers don't want to advertise the geek side, so that's a big No 

And you know this because?

Personally, I am confident enough in myself to not give a flying toss about what anyone else thinks of me, so if someone doesn't like the fact that I like flight simulators, that's their problem, not mine. And I wear what I want to, if people don't like that either, that's their problem as well. I would hope everyone else would be similarly self-esteem issue-free when it comes to expressing themselves, because if they aren't, liking toy planes will be the least of their problems.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I once knew a chap who bought a Compuserve t-shirt. He wore it once and let's just say it was a "conversation piece" for the evening. He never wore it again. These days he would have sued everyone over his "protected identity" or for a "hate crime" or for being "Compuservephobic" or similar.

In other words, NO!

• Like 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

15 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

Do you walk around looking at people's feet to get a look at the branding? 

You seem to have missed the point.😏

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I take it you walk around naked?

I tried it once. Folk thought I was advertising dirigibles.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

2 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, me too. It's actually kind of hilarious (and not only flight sim stuff). Then, for some odd reason, the wife don't seem to have to ask the other for permission to buy her 12th pair of shoes.

That being said, my significant other has permission to shoot me if I ever buy a MSFS-Tshirt.. 🤣

LOL, some here. Just in case I kicked off this discussion about the simmer and his/her significant other and for the record: I am luckily in a position to spend whatever I like, too, even upgraded my rig recently for some 800 bucks without asking or even telling (she wouldn’t notice it anyway) and definitely don‘t need to ask for permissions to buy addons of any kind. Just saying that the wife attraction factor of MSFS is extremely low on my end. But hey, likewise for her daily insta stories and facebook „research“. I leave that to her like indeed buying the umpteenth pair of shoes

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

55 minutes ago, GaryK said:

I tried it once. Folk thought I was advertising dirigibles.

I am just glad that was a clean answer.  Could have been a lot worse! 😆

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.