Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Now what happens tomorrow ??

10 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Is it the super, dupper, wonder Updateday for our MS Flightsim 2020 or would it be possible we have a lot things broken after this eagerly awaiting Update that comes in tomorrow ?

Seems a lot things are changing dramatic so i wonder what will be happen. 

Do all the airport scenerys still work - this Update gives me some headache if i think about that..😯

cheers 😉

First step is to clean out the Community folder first.  Also, if you plan to fly MSFS tomorrow in temporary in lieu of the update, make sure you start the sim and get to the Welcome screen before the worldwide update process commences.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Is this the dx12 update finally or is that something different still?

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

4 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Is this the dx12 update finally or is that something different still?

It’s different. DX12 is coming on a later date. 

well , its tomorrow here in New Zealand and no update ...hmmmmm (LOL)

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

First step is to clean out the Community folder first.  Also, if you plan to fly MSFS tomorrow in temporary in lieu of the update, make sure you start the sim and get to the Welcome screen before the worldwide update process commences.

I think a clean Community folder is more important than ever. Most developers have made post about the impact SU5 might have on their product. 
You might might be missing your mods for a couple of days, but I think a stable sim is more important. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I hope they fixed a lot of the water masks around the Caribbean in tomorrow's update.  I haven't played this sim since last year because of that, waiting for them to fix that and improve the world.  They are doing a good job so far, I may have to load this up tomorrow to see how well Asobo has progressed in these months. 

Edited by Heli

It will be necessary to say that everything will be updated in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

11 hours ago, Chock said:

If you're in Manchester, you need to set your watch to 1990.

LOL!!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

4 hours ago, ca_metal said:

It’s different. DX12 is coming on a later date. 

When might that be?

Bit disappointed already, as I thought this update was major

18 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

When might that be?

Bit disappointed already, as I thought this update was major

The major part is the performance improvements.

They haven't said when DX12 will come. The reason it isn't here now is because the sim doesn't do anything with it, so there's no point.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's a lot of performance improvements according to what the devs have said.

So more performance gain when in DX12, maybe a good new then not to be DX12, although they said that the DX12 in PC would be when the Xbox version, that is DX12, was launched....

2 minutes ago, peloto said:

So more performance gain when in DX12, maybe a good new then not to be DX12, although they said that the DX12 in PC would be when the Xbox version, that is DX12, was launched....

They've said for months that DX12 wouldn't give any noticeable performance improvement, and they said during last Q&A that the PC update wouldn't come with DX12.

DX12 on the Xbox version isn't proper DX12, it's just a wrapper, it's not actually using it, if I understood Q&A correctly. It's just DX11 running through DX12 or something like that.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Heli said:

I hope they fixed a lot of the water masks around the Caribbean in tomorrow's update.  I haven't played this sim since last year because of that, waiting for them to fix that and improve the world.  They are doing a good job so far, I may have to load this up tomorrow to see how well Asobo has progressed in these months. 

Watermasks in the Caribbean has already been fixed

• Upvote 2

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310