Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

FlyByWire A320 Cockpit Texture Overhaul Released

Just did a Kona to Maui flight , no issues,Thank you FBW!

• Like 4

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

10 minutes ago, Av8ing1 said:

I also get CTD with the FBW A320. No issues prior to the sim update. I've removed everything else from my community folder, deleted the fbw directory and reinstalled via the installer (dev version.) Still CTD. Have not tried the new version with updated textures yet, will have to try it. It's killing me not being able to fly the bus!

Try this as previously suggested in this thread and also my personal experience. If the aircraft is not the default when you start, sim will crash when you load so expect it. First time you run aircraft it will CTD, but from then on as long as it remains your default it will load and run reliably. 

-btacon

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, btacon said:

Try this as previously suggested in this thread and also my personal experience. If the aircraft is not the default when you start, sim will crash when you load so expect it. First time you run aircraft it will CTD, but from then on as long as it remains your default it will load and run reliably. 

-btacon

This here ^

• Like 1

First flight... CTD during loading. Second flight, CTD on touchdown at destination (autoland). So, zero for two. But it is the development branch, so no promises. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks for the suggestions, I finally got a flight off with no CTD's. My first step was to delete everything from the community folder including the FBW A320. Then I followed the additional clean install steps at https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/installation/ . I used the same idea to also delete other prior aircraft and mods in the "packages" directory. Then I loaded FS up to see if I broke anything. Made a stock 747 flight out of LAX no issues. Shut down FS and used flybywires installer to install the latest dev build. Loaded back up FS and selected FBW A320...CTD. Reloaded FS. Now FBW A320 was in default selection. Loaded up a flight out of KSAN. It took a long time to load. I took this as a good thing, something was working like on a fresh install first load of a new aircraft. Flew to KSNA no issues!

• Like 3

Only thing I can fly is stock A320 and third party repaints crashes sim even using stockA320 - they have really done it this time Mr. Magoo 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The only time I have crashes with the FBW A320 is if it isn't the plane I already have selected when the sim launches.

Aha!!!!!    This the explanation for what I noticed.   The A320 always loaded correctly after first having a CTD with it on loading.

Next time before I  leave the game I first select the FBW a320, this should solve my problem with CTD on loading.

Never had a CTD in flight.

Thanks for this one!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

What I have discovered recently is that certain liveries downloaded from flightsim.to causes CTD after SU5

So, i suggest you just download the FBW development version, which i have been using for a long time without much issues, and see that it still causing you CTDs and then slowly adding back some liveries.

1 hour ago, Av8ing1 said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I finally got a flight off with no CTD's. My first step was to delete everything from the community folder including the FBW A320. Then I followed the additional clean install steps at https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/installation/ . I used the same idea to also delete other prior aircraft and mods in the "packages" directory. Then I loaded FS up to see if I broke anything. Made a stock 747 flight out of LAX no issues. Shut down FS and used flybywires installer to install the latest dev build. Loaded back up FS and selected FBW A320...CTD. Reloaded FS. Now FBW A320 was in default selection. Loaded up a flight out of KSAN. It took a long time to load. I took this as a good thing, something was working like on a fresh install first load of a new aircraft. Flew to KSNA no issues!

I’ve followed these instructions but still get CTD. I guess my MSFS must be really sick! It loaded to the external view first and then when I went to switch to cockpit view it froze for 10 seconds and then CTD. I pretty much give up now…

Most of the CTD issues with this plane for me were related to a few 3rd party addons. I removed them, and now it's working again.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’ve followed these instructions but still get CTD. I guess my MSFS must be really sick! It loaded to the external view first and then when I went to switch to cockpit view it froze for 10 seconds and then CTD. I pretty much give up now…

Ok. Forgot to turn off online traffic. It now works! Heathrow looks awful mind due to remove addons. Now to work on what addons remain compatible without CTD

• Like 1

Anyone have the github patch logs for the FBW?

I did a flight with it yesterday and the MCP was pretty useless; Couldn't activate HDG Select. When it entered approach phase it started to spin in circles. Coupled with some really bad SU5 scenery loading (Looked like the scenery from FL340 was a 240px youtube video) and Cessna's lining the airliner gates on arrival, it really wasn't an enjoyable flight at all.

Hoping maybe they fixed the autoflight problems with this patch?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

10 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Anyone have the github patch logs for the FBW?

I did a flight with it yesterday and the MCP was pretty useless; Couldn't activate HDG Select. When it entered approach phase it started to spin in circles. Coupled with some really bad SU5 scenery loading (Looked like the scenery from FL340 was a 240px youtube video) and Cessna's lining the airliner gates on arrival, it really wasn't an enjoyable flight at all.

Hoping maybe they fixed the autoflight problems with this patch?

I flew about 9 hours ago and it was fine.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, btacon said:

-btacon

Wow that's actually what happens for me, too! I never saw the pattern until now. What kind of stupid bug is that now again?