Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What other games/sims are you guys playing?

Anyone here getting Forza Horizon 5? Not sure where to post this, seems like there is no section for general chatter.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

seems like there is no section for general chatter.

That would be the Hangar, though the description "for the discussion of things you might discuss when going into an airport hangar." is a little ambiguous in my opinion.😉

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I do a lot of P3D myself, I find loading a saved senario and being able to practice a challanging landing or flight etc. fun and actually quite relaxing after a more than challanging day of work.

Also I've a custom adventuring crew put together in SkyRim Special Edition, and with some 222 installed mods it's pretty great to play.

Also happen to like FarCry3 with it's island settings and running with Ziggy's mod makes it so much better. Plus those crazy islanders, I've learned to keep out of their way when they're driving as they will easily run you over, I even watched a jeep full of islanders drive themselve's off a cliff and all yelling and screaming right down to the crash at the bottom.

And in keeping the topic on aircraft, I found a crashed Zero 🙂

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Every few units I fire up BeamNG.drive and practice my J-turns (aka "Rockford Turns") in the '69 Dodge Coronet 440... 😁

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Everything I like. Mainly DCS with my MP squadron but then from tarkov to Witcher 3 to GTA to Fifa to Far cry 6 and so on and on

Lukas Dalton

I'll give Horizon 5 a go in a couple of years - no hurry to dive in on day one.

Funny thing about MSFS is that now that I've got a sim that is virtually perfect (apart from some minor shortcomings I'm sure you're all too well aware of) I'm really enjoying a look back at sims of the past, all the way back to FS2000. FSX SE and P3D were already on my sim rig, but I found an old laptop with Windows 7 on it, and sure enough it let me install copies of FS7, FS8 and FS9 which are delightful to watch now that I know where they all lead to. I can enjoy them without feeling disappointed with how crude they were.😍

Mike Beckwith

The best computer Golf game in history. PGA Tour 2K21

This is just a rebranded latest version of The Golf Club by HB Studios. Which has been out since 2015. 2K paid HB Studios to sell them the name rights.

The old Tiger Woods games and EA Sports games were nowhere near as good nor as realistic.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Anyone here getting Forza Horizon 5? Not sure where to post this, seems like there is no section for general chatter.

I will be! Always find the Horizon games to be very enjoyable.

What else am I playing? Quite a bit of Deathloop and some New World.

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

Those golf games are too Arcade like. I used to Love Links Golf games. Any other new golf games coming?

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is a decent modern successor to Links - there are lots of DLC (now free) and user created courses

Sadly it's now abandonware as the devs were always torn between ganers and the platform being used for flyovers in broadcast golf coverage, and full size golf sims - so the courses look better than any other golf game, but I don't believe there will be a v2

PGA 2k21 can be arcadey, but it can also be very realistic - I've had a lot of fun playing it, and if you get the swing and difficulty settings correct it can be tough to make the cut in Korn Ferry Tour events, which feels pretty realistic

The great thing about PGA 2K21 are the real courses (most all of them user created). St Andrews, Pebble Beach, Carnousti, Spyglass, Wingfoot, Muirfield, Royal Portrush, Turnberry, Shinnecock, NGLA Southhampton, Oakmont, Augusta National, Royal Dornoch, Merrion East, Pinehurst #2, Winged Foot, Pacific Dunes, Riviera, Torrey Pines, Seminole, Royal Troon, Bethpage Black, TPC Sawgrass.

The last version had Cypress Point, but it still has not been created realistically in 2K21. Pity as it is the best in the world, the cathedral of golf. Back in the old days the Crosby Clambake was Cypress, Spyglass, and Pebble Beach back to back to back. Those were the days.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

rqEhxqW.png

Wsnj4FZ.png

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here