Sign in to follow this  
MegaRiceBall

Is your wallet prepared?

1 hour ago, ADamiani said:

I always thought that the sweet spot was the MD80 flying with VOR's defined airways as in the 90's. I mean the steam gauges MD80.

A.

The Shady 80 is probably one of the best "modern" airliners for tubeliner sim pilots. It takes more babysitting than a 737 but also allows you moments of rest.

I feel for the pilots nowadays. The A350 has taxi to landing automation, and even performs step climbs and tcas resolutions on its own. If they get 1 pilot approval by their 2025 deadline, like they want, it might become the most "realistic" flight sim tubeliner to simulate, but also the most boring.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

20 hours ago, Beerz said:

no more room in my hangar at home for another 737, bought fs9 737, bought fsx 737, bought p3d 737 and gave the ex-wife 737k in a divorce 😁  i will buy Fenix👍

You should have bought Xplane 11 and and used the Zibo 737 mod, it may of saved you thousands in your divorce.😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

The Shady 80 is probably one of the best "modern" airliners for tubeliner sim pilots. It takes more babysitting than a 737 but also allows you moments of rest.

I feel for the pilots nowadays. The A350 has taxi to landing automation, and even performs step climbs and tcas resolutions on its own. If they get 1 pilot approval by their 2025 deadline, like they want, it might become the most "realistic" flight sim tubeliner to simulate, but also the most boring.

Exactly: simming that would be as exciting as watching it on YouTube.

Not counting that fps and scenery quality are much better on YouTube ...

A.

Edited by ADamiani
  • Like 1

Have zero interest in large airliners and manning a flight management computer for hours, but would love for A2A or others to bring out some high fidelity single engine and twin engine general aviation aircraft. As I’ve always done, always willing to buy quality add ons that improve the experience.

The irony is the default aircraft are actually pretty good in this version of the sim, compared to the abysmal default aircraft flight models and panels in FS9, FSX, and P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd pay thousands of dollars for a 747 Classic with a study level steam gauge cockpit.  B737/A320 is pretty boring to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WestAir said:

I’m unfamiliar with the shady 80, but can’t imagine it could possibly be ahead of the Leonardo maddog?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

I’m unfamiliar with the shady 80, but can’t imagine it could possibly be ahead of the Leonardo maddog?

Shady 80 is the nickname we gave the MD-80 at the airline I was at. It was a real shady airplane that never really wanted to fly. I miss it. 😂

• Like 1

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:24 AM, Chock said:

MSFS is not too different from any of the others in this respect, in fact it's actually better than most others because at least you can put SIDs, STARs and transitions in a default flight plan in MSFS.

MSFS is ok for a simple planner but would be more useful if we can get a couple of updates:

1. A 'view all' button for Sids, Stars and approaches which display on the map and you choose visually (similar to navigraph).

2. Fuel calculation for trip.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Exactly: simming that would be as exciting as watching it on YouTube.

Not counting that fps and scenery quality are much better on YouTube ...

A.

This shows how people want different things from the sim.

Personally, I love both ends of the scale - the short 1-2 hours VFR flights just a few thousand feet above the MSFS scenery, as well as configuring a complex airliner to cross the globe fully automated, to take over at the end and really get a sense of feeling of traversing the globe and arriving somewhere completely different to the place I left.

MSFS caters for all scenarios, we don't have to choose one or the other.

I would've been a day 1 purchaser of the PMDG 737, no question - but now with the Fenix, I'm not so sure.

The routes I want to replicate around Europe are dominated by A3xx aircraft and so that aircraft is far more appealing.

I think when you factor in the possible plummeting of P3D sales as well, this goes some way to explaining PMDG throwing everything at the platform

Edited by EGLD
  • Like 2

Well, after having bought the PMDG dc-6, I am almost sure I will not resist a 777, 737 for it ( PSX is my all time 744 ... and I can use it with MFS doing the external visuals... and there's simply nothing more complete in terms of 744 simulation than PSX... ).

I am saving for the Fénix, but also keepng the FBW A320 as a remarkable alternative - FOR FREE !

I will probably buy the NGx for MFS as it get's available...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Given that I enjoy an absolutely stable sim and that my pockets are deeper than the Mariana Trench the Fenix A320 will be a Day 1 purchase, the 737 is not of any interest.

I might be tempted by the 777 since that was my primary long-haul vehicle in P3D.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I 100% agree that we need a strong and stable sim before considering spending those sort of beans on 3dp add ons. Besides, no matter how polished, detailed or well researched the prototype is, I’m not spending over £100 on what amounts to a bunch of pixels; nor to mention my wife would probably have me sectioned (or divorced) if I did.

Sim needs some Just Flight or similar level add ons for the more economy minded flyers.

More Fenix pictures posted yesterday.

Azores_WW.png?width=1149&height=670

Night_WW.png?width=1191&height=670

ezy.png?width=1191&height=670

Disclaimer: Images taken months ago, but posted yesterday.