Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

Just now, Car147 said:

Someone spoke about this over on the MSFS forum, and it was stated it's not being reported correctly, and is infact 3gb or slightly over. Why this has not been updated i don't know

So far the Paderborn has downloaded 1.03 Gb and it says 6% done. So that figures out to the full 17 GB to  get to 100%

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

So far the Paderborn has downloaded 1.03 Gb and it says 6% done. So that figures out to the full 17 GB to  get to 100%

Dunno then, just reporting a reply i saw over there

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Rumor at FS forums is LOD settings still not sticking - wow a lot of un-happy campers over there today 

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Rumor at FS forums is LOD settings still not sticking - wow a lot of un-happy campers over there today 

I wonder if any of it is from people having set their config file to read only and forgetting to put it back?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VFXSimmer said:

I wonder if any of it is from people having set their config file to read only and forgetting to put it back?

Great point 

Rich Sennett

8 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Why don't they just use custom settings so the problem isn't there?

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, pvupilot said:

For those who are still struggling, "Part 2" worked for me AFTER doing their “Part 1” troubleshooting. I was getting no results by doing only part 1

Part 1: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660

Part 2: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405345181202

Thanks for posting this - it's what got things (eventually) sorted for me

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Did you start "XBox App" before checking for updates?

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

I think Ill take a break from seemingly constantly telling people to start the XBox App before looking for the update and actually take a short flight in the newly updated region! It took just short of a full hour of downloading/installing for me at around 34 Mb/s.

After that, I can start preparing my new, and faulty, Honeycomb Bravo for return to Box. Hope they replace rather than repair, assuming I get a new once, not 'refreshed'.

Nope, hadn't been aware of it before this. And I was wading through this thread at the same time as trying to do what the sim was telling me (the whole compulsory update, go to the Store app, thing), which of course doesn't even mention the Xbox App. And thanks for the tip about the Bravo, I bought one a week back and hadn't even opened the box yet - I wasn't planning on using it for a while yet but now I'll definitely try it out asap.

1 hour ago, bcuomo said:

Thank goodness for this forum!  Never had a problem with an update before, but this time nothing happened until I installed the Xbox app.  Would have never known to do it otherwise. 

Indeed. I have had the odd hiccough (that's an English 'hiccup' for the curious) before with updates, but nothing on this scale. And I consider myself pretty computer literate, have all my windows updates in place etc,

I won't bother ranting, but I would just say that strikes me as so typical of Microsoft. I figure issues with the whole update process are their domain, rather than Asobo's, and to me they are still stuck in the same old corporate arrogance of the Balmer days. They need to look a bit more closely at how Amazon does things. You can moan about Amazon's attitude to paying tax (although it's no different to 99.999% of the rest of the business world) and you can maybe complain about their employee handling methods (ditto), but one thing you can't deny is their attitude to their customers. If Amazon had been responsible for the various issues with the updates of this sim, several layers of management, including some very senior folk, would now be looking for alternate employment.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

For the record of my off topic question: Yes Paderborn is 17 Gig to download, but at the end it compiles to about 3 GB. (It erased the old versions of duplicate package files). So Paderborn will not be huge on your disc, just huge to download.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I assume you purchased MSFS from the Microsoft Store. Let me spare you some time.  There is some bug with the WU6 that requires the X-Box app to be installed in order for the Microsoft Store to show the update for MSFS.  If you don't install the X-Box app, you may never see the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store.

This bug had already affected some people in SU5 but it was not widespread.  For WU6, this bug became widespread.  I doubt Asobo/Microsoft intended for us to install the X-Box app just to see the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store.  However, somehow, they missed this in their testing and the result is, a lot of people that purchased MSFS in the Microsoft Store simply won't see the update for MSFS unless they install the X-Box app.

Maybe Asobo/Microsoft will fix this in the next few days if you don't want to install the X-Box app.  Until then, many of us have installed the X-Box app, we have gotten the update from the Microsoft Store, and we are flying now.

Hi, meant to say thanks for this in my previous post, but mis-clicked on my multi-quote.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Amazon and Apple grew to megasize companies and their purchases are easy to do. Microsoft is shooting self in foot with bush league purchase procedures.

29 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

***********IMPORTANT *****

Just read this on FS Forums and they are officially aware of this: Light issues not that matters - I dont bother flying at night its not pretty 😞 hoping for a major update on night environment 

We just confirmed it’s a Render Scale issue. A setting less than 100 will cause no lights to appear, and a setting greater than 100 will cause the lights to float. A bug has been filed and I’ll provide updates when I can on this.

Workaround: Set your render scale to 100

Really - Nobody in testing trys flying at night with a different render scale?   Maybe they knew about it but seeing how they held the release for a another fix seems unlikely.........

If aliens come to Earth, it will probably because they are angry and will no longer tolerate Microsoft and Asobo update snafus.

40 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Unlike the last 3 world updates, it doesn't look like they added Autogen Churches to the World Update countries.

No, they didn't. Including the Ulmer Munster with the highest steeple of the world (which is certainly relevant for flying, too).

Maybe I'll ask on the official forum.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

55 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Unlike the last 3 world updates, it doesn't look like they added Autogen Churches to the World Update countries.

It does indeed nowhere speak of new blackshark autogen definitions for the area. I haven't checked out the alpine areas closely but that would be a real shame. The tyrolean and swiss style houses and the churches with either pointed or onion domes are really something that defines the area.

Maybe they are still trying to figure out how to teach the AI to know the difference between a romanesque, gothic and baroque church.

Edited by Farlis

Don't forget there are about 30 things now on sale for the WU6 sale in marketplace. As usual (there was after France and Nordic too). Sale lasts about a week. It's the Germanic countries related scenery from Orbx etc.