Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Q&A is Live

33 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Seasons.

XPlane was never going to have global satellite  imagery, but everything else appears to be improved.  As a flight simmer, I am excited with the XP12 news.  Personally I don't get the attitude of using one sim and bashing the others.

A friend of mine has XP with many T bytes of scenery add ons, and when I fly his just for a few minutes, I realize how much better my MSFS 2020 with almost default everything looks. If that is bashing, so be it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, sanh said:

I am actually starting to become slightly bored with MSFS (like I did with all other sims). I hope they add some compelling features (and no I don't know what i want) but those X-Plane 12 windscreen rain effects with the wipers moving the rain was simply astonishing.

Seems like your approach to flight sims isn't sustainable as those are flash in the pan effects that have no staying power and there will not be a steady stream of new ones.  OTOH, if you can get off on executing your piloting skills well in an amazingly varied and massive real world seems then the staying power is there in MSFS for sure.  In P3D I used FSCaptain to help me stay mentally engaged for years and w/o it I simply would have bored out as it were, as you're saying.  Amazingly to me I'm flying 2-3x as much in MSFS and w/o that crutch to turn the activity into a game of sorts.  I have carried over things learned thru FSCaptain which apparently is helping.  I actually get up early in the morning every day excited to go create another adventure.  I also fly to music and LiveATC which add immersion for me.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, Noel said:

Seems like your approach to flight sims isn't sustainable as those are flash in the pan effects that have no staying power and there will not be a steady stream of new ones.  OTOH, if you can get off on executing your piloting skills well in an amazingly varied and massive real world seems then the staying power is there in MSFS for sure.  In P3D I used FSCaptain to help me stay mentally engaged for years and w/o it I simply would have bored out as it were, as you're saying.  Amazingly to me I'm flying 2-3x as much in MSFS and w/o that crutch to turn the activity into a game of sorts.  I have carried over things learned thru FSCaptain which apparently is helping.  I actually get up early in the morning every day excited to go create another adventure.  I also fly to music and LiveATC which add immersion for me.

I am with you. I get up every morning when I am not working my part time job, have breakfast, and fire up MSFS 2020 for one of my VA flights, of which there will be several today. Different airports each and every flight. Doesn't get any better than that. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am with you. I get up every morning when I am not working my part time job, have breakfast, and fire up MSFS 2020 for one of my VA flights, of which there will be several today. Different airports each and every flight. Doesn't get any better than that. 

Good for you Bob... and you nudged me into assigning my Cessna Trim Wheel, which currently acts to keep my keyboard from sliding left off the top of my Saitek yoke (🤣), to rudder function.   It's helping w/ ground steering, at least I think it is 😉.  I find the sensitivity settings hard to understand and unpredictable, at least compared to FSX/P3D.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

A friend of mine has XP with many T bytes of scenery add ons, and when I fly his just for a few minutes, I realize how much better my MSFS 2020 with almost default everything looks. If that is bashing, so be it. 

XP11 is getting old now so not surprised it doesn't look as good as a default MSFS.  I have a load of scenery downloaded for MSFS too 🙂

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

XP11 is getting old now so not surprised it doesn't look as good as a default MSFS.  I have a load of scenery downloaded for MSFS too 🙂

I have one airport Key west, everything else is default, and it looks good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have a load of scenery downloaded for MSFS too 🙂

This I can't relate to in the slightest since the default scenery is so exquisite already.  I think it's legacy behavior from the other sims near as I can tell.

Noel

I liked that they spent time focusing on CTDs and get data every time a crash occurs. Hopefully they can sort those out asap. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

This I can't relate to in the slightest since the default scenery is so exquisite already.  I think it's legacy behavior from the other sims near as I can tell.

I think if someone spends a great deal of time, using the drone to explore the airport, and every building, and road, etc,  then maybe an add on for airports is useful. I usually land, if the approach looks nice, I am happy, I taxi to the ramp, shut the aircraft down, and end the flight. Can't see spending $25 to see the inside of the men's bathroom. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Noel said:

I also fly to music and LiveATC which add immersion for me.

That's cool. What kind of music? As for the LATC, do you use this mostly on the ground since the majority of available frequencies are ground traffic?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

That's cool. What kind of music? As for the LATC, do you use this mostly on the ground since the majority of available frequencies are ground traffic?

I just use LATC for the ambience so set it for the departure airport then again for the arrival airport where possible.  For music I primarily use New Age stuff from Steven Halpern, David Arkenstone, stuff like that.  It turn the music on via my keyboard buttons assiged for music, usually as I am getting on to the runway threshold.

• Like 1

Noel

18 hours ago, DaveS said:

He said he got an email from AIG yesterday and will respond to him today. Maybe @Kaiii3 can explain more details?

not much to say at the moment - waiting on his mail now^^

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

not much to say at the moment - waiting on his mail now^^

lol, see @Tuskin38? What did I tell ya?! 🙂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

54 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have one airport Key west, everything else is default, and it looks good. 

Ah one thing where XP is superior over MSFS is (for now) the scenery gateway system. Some airports in MSFS look ridiculous regarding what buildings are placed.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Ah one thing where XP is superior over MSFS is (for now) the scenery gateway system. Some airports in MSFS look ridiculous regarding what buildings are placed.

Gee, I remember in XP seeing a 747 parked on a grass strip with a 3,000 foot runway... LOL

• Like 1