Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

DX12 - 18th November!

On 10/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, Tuskin38 said:

IIRC they said during the Q&A that if you crash in DX12 mode it will revert back to DX11

and if it crashes in DX11 mode it will ...............

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

8 hours ago, Reader said:
14 hours ago, Greazer said:

That is some of the worst "logic" posted about software in a while.

It may well be but the entire post was a joke, that's what this: 😀 means.

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

40 minutes ago, turbomax said:

and if it crashes in DX11 mode it will ...............

Stay in DX11? That’s what it’s already running at.

Edited by Tuskin38

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Stay in DX11? That’s what it’s already running at.

I would prefer to crash in DX 12. who else? crashes 10-12% faster.

• Like 2

very nice.

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

...And much smoother!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

In the dev q&a prior to the last one (I think) seb said that DLSS probably wouldn’t make a huge difference as seen in other games because of the style of game. When flying along the picture doesn’t change that much. The ground go by little by little. From that statement I believe DLSS is more benifitial in FPS, or fast moving games. 

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

Well as they say, if you must crash do it in a McLaren not a Lada, it has more panache.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well as they say, if you must crash do it in a McLaren not a Lada, it has more panache.

I fly RC jets. I've always said, if you're going to crash, be sure to make it spectacular. 😉

...jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

12 hours ago, NZ255 said:

In the dev q&a prior to the last one (I think) seb said that DLSS probably wouldn’t make a huge difference as seen in other games because of the style of game. When flying along the picture doesn’t change that much. The ground go by little by little. From that statement I believe DLSS is more benifitial in FPS, or fast moving games. 

Sorry, but to me, this is BS - it sounds like he can't be bothered in case it is too much trouble.  He is quite dismissive sometimes.  Does the ground go by little by little when glancing left at low level in a circuit?

He makes the above comment as if people don't use some form head tracking to look around the cockpit and outside through the widows.  Or that people don't use the external views that Asobo have taken the time to set up for the user.  This is all fast moving. 
We don't all sit there and stare at the instruments in a static view.  That wouldn't be much fun or entertainment would it?

They say they listen, but Seb in particular needs to be more open to suggestions and queries raised.  It sets me off because I have to work with people like that.  He and Martial have dismissed other items as not valid, when later on the bugs have been found by the community.

Note:  My view is aimed at Seb's comments, not you.  I heard them live on the twitch feed and I didn't like how DLSS was dismissed with such poor reasoning at the time. 

Can't they even trial it so we can judge the difference for ourselves?  Virtually every other game or title developer seems to be able to do it.  Meanwhile, other options of AA in the game other than TAA are totally useless, but still available in the sim for some reason.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry, but to me, this is BS - it sounds like he can't be bothered in case it is too much trouble.  He is quite dismissive sometimes.  Does the ground go by little by little when glancing left at low level in a circuit?

Not only that, they seem to completely forget VR where any GPU bottlenecks the framerate due to the insane resolutions required. VR would benefit of DLSS immensely.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

3 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Not only that, they seem to completely forget VR where any GPU bottlenecks the framerate due to the insane resolutions required. VR would benefit of DLSS immensely.

Yes, that's right Fuzzy.  And how about the upcoming Reno Air Races they have put all of that effort into - That is fast moving, with the ground whizzing past at low level.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry, but to me, this is BS - it sounds like he can't be bothered in case it is too much trouble.  He is quite dismissive sometimes.

To me it is perfectly clear now that they are intentionally being dismissive of the technology. In the last Q&A, he said "TAAU is going to provide the correct data, DLSS is not". Let's not start with other blatant misinformation like "DirectX 12 is needed", "it is difficult to implement" and so on.

They also keep going on about how it's not going to provide that much benefit over their TAAU solution, and yet DLSS is already at version 2.3, and with new experimental models which, according to users' opinions on other games, nearly eliminate the typical ghosting artifacts. Their TAAU has been updated twice since launch, and it went from being a horrible pixelated and ghosting mess to somewhat usable. It's still not that great, considering the performance overhead.

I don't think it's worth continuing to request DLSS support honestly. I have the feeling they'll rush or intentionally botch the implementation just so they can say "our TAAU is better, and now you can see for yourselves". If it's the vendor lock that's causing all this aversion, maybe we should try to shift their attention towards FSR and XeSS.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for shedding some light on a very technical issue (other way of saying that I don't understand much 😄). Would the rejection of the DLSS be linked to the all-AMD choice for the consoles ? 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks for shedding some light on a very technical issue (other way of saying that I don't understand much 😄). Would the rejection of the DLSS be linked to the all-AMD choice for the consoles ? 

The outright dismissal of it I'm not sure of their reasoning, but if they did decide to include it on PC as an option, they could do so and leave it out of the Xbox build. Xbox and PC versions aren't dependent on each other.