Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

spacer.png

Aerosoft is in my blacklist.

PS: Even if I were to migrate to MSFS (I won't in the next few years) I would NEVER buy anything from them.

Edited by Juliett Alfa
  • Like 6

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

On 11/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, BlueStar said:

Microsoft pulled the plug on FSX leaving it with some serious bugs. 

They will do it again with MSFS, it's just a matter of time.   

Unfortunately that might easily happen

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Just now, Juliett Alfa said:

spacer.png

Oh, I quit buying from them a couple of years back. Not buying MSFS stuff from them either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I just want to say.. despite my sales numbers on P3D.. I am not abandoning my current customers.. one day they might move forward to other platforms or even new versions of P3D and I want them to remain my loyal customers..

S.

• Like 21
  • Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Unfortunately that might easily happen

Especially if Xbox-version sales drop off considerably.

Edited by JNS

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

I just want to say.. despite my sales numbers on P3D.. I am not abandoning my current customers.. one day they might move forward to other platforms or even new versions of P3D and I want them to remain my loyal customers..

S.

A whole community is aware I believe that sales of P3D software is down, has been since MSFS came out. And I also believe that community appreciates developers like you for sticking with us although you/they might have moved on onto new endeavors.  

Edited:

And yeah, I will by your software for MSFS also. 

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Ivan Majetic

Hello all P3D pilots !

Today, a p3d V5.3 is available for download (with the corresponding SDK)

Download done (30Gb!) but not yet installed.
Seems to be graphically very interesting (weather, PBR, dynamic lighting...)
CARE : the update from V5.2 to V5.3 needs to replace content and scenery, not only the client.

It's possibly announces compatibility problems ?

Wait and see...

Good flights

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png

I downloaded P3Dv5.3 and no problems at all working 100% for me all addons no problems

1 hour ago, Juliett Alfa said:

spacer.png

PS: Even if I were to migrate to MSFS (I won't in the next few years) I would NEVER buy anything from them.

Pure cost? 

Yes... might be.. But the people who bought their planes for P3D V5 fully expected the planes to continue being supported for the current V5 installment at least.

Some other publishers have already released updates free of charge despite the 5.3 was only released yesterday.

Aerosoft may be making a lot of money now with MSFS. But it is the legacy FS9, FSX and P3D customers who enabled them to be where they are now with the income. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

That's right @Ikarus280, we're talking about P3D 5.x and not 6. Sad....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Gents, as I mentioned in the other P3Dv5.3 topic please create a separate topic if you wish to discuss Aerosoft products and v5.3 compatibility. It's likely to attract more attention with a suitable title than in this one.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, airservices said:

I downloaded P3Dv5.3 and no problems at all working 100% for me all addons no problems

Having on Traffic even at 1 percent on the slider will tank your FPS.  Put the Traffic Slider to 0 (far left) and then scan your FPS....

On 12/2/2021 at 3:28 AM, simbol said:

S.

Can you explain why a lot of developers charge a large premium to P3d customers as opposed to MSFS?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

33 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Can you explain why a lot of developers charge a large premium to P3d customers as opposed to MSFS?

And how do you propose me to do that? Shall I become a private investigator and dig into other 3rd party developers business models, business accounts, business decisions, policies, etc.?

I can only answer for my own business, products, and support policies and nobody else... if you have specific questions such as this ask each 3rd party developer directly.

Regarding my own business, I provide a very high level of support alongside with what I consider very good quality of products and accordingly that is how I will always set my prices regarding of the platform they are designed for... from my point of view, it is not for what platform you buy a product, it is what you buy and what level of support is behind it.. In other words, will the people for product A be responsible and continue to improve it for the lifetime of the product regardless of the endless changes for platform A or B?

Price tags is a complicated matter and each company has the rights to set these in accordance with their own views and policies, you do not need to agree with them, and it is your decision to invest or not.. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything...

Regards,

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

You may find this statement by George from Flytampa interesting:
"The prices were initially set low by other devs believing sales would be FAR greater than fsx/p3d/xplane. It didn't turn out that way but the prices sort of stuck."
The whole post is here:
https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14660

• Like 3