Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS Interview – Jorg Neumann: GOTY, Reno, Future

17 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

So yeah I was right, they're skipping a big December patch, it's just bug fixes.

Meaning they'll be working on bug fixes, but these will not be released until SU8. Right?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

42 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

So yeah I was right, they're skipping a big December patch, it's just bug fixes.

Next world update is coming in January and will be announced tomorrow during the monthly Q&A.

There's was no "patch" for December.  Not sure what you mean.  There would normally have been a world update, I think.  This next sim update (SU7) kind of has both, plus a paid add-on (Reno) and the start of DX12, replay system, and the new WX system, more or less.  They're taking December off, so SU8 in Jan, is going to be the bug fixes.

*edit*  I'm starting to lose track....lol

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I’ve hidden a couple of comments from one person that added nothing to the discussion. If you can’t say anything constructive don’t post. No action this time. Take heed.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Next world update is coming in January and will be announced tomorrow during the monthly Q&A.

What time is the Q&A tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

What time is the Q&A tomorrow?

Wednesday, Nov. 17th at 10:30am Pacific Time on Twitch.tv/MSFSofficial

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I really hope that there's a world update for Asia in their radar. It needs it badly. Especially south east asia.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Good to see Jorg continue to push the "ten year" plan, lots of people have been strangely sceptical about this in the past even though he's mentioned it before. 

Everything else sounds good, no December update is fine with me as long as SU7 is in a stable enough condition. SU8 could actually be the best update yet, fixing the smaller bugs helps immensely as the tiniest things can be the difference between having a good flight or a bad one!

• Like 7

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Looks very promising to me, It sounds like  greater stability is coming, and some of the long time bugs are going to be taken care of before diving into further progress. This should help the 3rd party devs more, instead of constant change causing them issues.

I also appreciate the jesture of giving the community a few aircarft as a way of thanks..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

They're taking December off, so SU8 in Jan, is going to be the bug fixes.

January is a world update. SU8 is February.

January’s world update is being revealed in tomorrow’s Q&A

Edited by Tuskin38

Are we all expecting Italy then for the next World Update?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

SU8 is in February.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

There's was no "patch" for December.  Not sure what you mean.  There would normally have been a world update, I think.

Yes, and world updates come with patches.

Jorge said in the interview that they’re going to stop including major code base changes with the world updates going forward. They’ll save those for the Sim Updates.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes, and world updates come with patches.

Jorge said in the interview that they’re going to stop including major code base changes with the world updates going forward. They’ll save those for the Sim Updates.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean now.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

January is a world update. SU8 is February.

January’s world update is being revealed in tomorrow’s Q&A

Maybe I got those backwards.  It's getting hard to keep up 🙂 

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

I thought that was a very open interview. Revealed quite a lot of internal thoughts and workings. I am intrigued about the weather and whether low visibility is now simulated.

• Like 1