Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS Interview – Jorg Neumann: GOTY, Reno, Future

Neumann: " I’ll look into this some more and I also need to talk to AIG some more about their offline model, but my eyes are on it and I’m aware that it’s not in a good state. But give us a few months and we’ll try our hardest. "

That gives me quite some hope for an improved ai traffic in the near future.

• Like 9

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Someone of his answer regarding Live Traffic isn't correct. They do draw live traffic GA Aircraft from Flightaware. I've seen tons of live traffic GA in the states. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Neumann: " I’ll look into this some more and I also need to talk to AIG some more about their offline model, but my eyes are on it and I’m aware that it’s not in a good state. But give us a few months and we’ll try our hardest. "

That gives me quite some hope for an improved ai traffic in the near future.

still waiting on the mail form the last Q&A..... xD

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

3 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

still waiting on the mail form the last Q&A..... xD

Interesting. 

This was honestly one of the better interviews Jorg has given and leaves me more optimistic about what is to come. The fact that he is recognizing they need to put a halt to sim and world updates hitting at the same time, or that they need to pump the brakes and work on fixing the small stuff before moving forward tells me they actually do seem to care about the game's long term viability.

• Like 6

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

"

Playing around with the test build of Sim Update 7

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be saying that in public... 🙂

At least it’s sounds that SU7 should be relatively pain free too. Interesting interview

Edited by daan_vb

WAT1036.png

7 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

"

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be saying that in public... 🙂

Not sure why, they even released a review of it here, and it’s new weather system (but no mention of DX12):-

https://twinfinite.net/2021/11/microsoft-flight-simulator-goty-edition-reno-air-races-review/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Not sure why, they even released a review of it here, and it’s new weather system (but no mention of DX12):-

https://twinfinite.net/2021/11/microsoft-flight-simulator-goty-edition-reno-air-races-review/

Well lets just say everyone else using it is under a strict NDA.

• Upvote 2

That certainly explains why SU5 was such a teeth puller

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

And then there’s going to be cool weather features coming over the next two years. There is some fascinating stuff that is possible now with weather that has never been done anywhere. I mean nowhere. I’m not even talking about flight simulation. Nobody has done it. There are moving satellites that track storm systems by the kilometer… It’s very, very cool what we’ll be able to do.

Looking forward to seeing the weather engine continue to evolve. The dynamic nature of weather is central to experience of flight - and modeling the atmosphere is every bit as important as the flight model IMHO. I'm hoping they can eventually model and script weather events like microbursts so they can be used in conjunction with activities like landing challenges and bush trips.

I also like that there's always something to look forward to with MSFS. 

• Like 6

Just now, Sethos said:

You okay there bud? You probably shouldn't spend much time on forums if you get this angsty over people saying things.

Plus it's a good job there are no lessons to be learn from the SU5 debacle that might help prevent it happening again in the future with this software.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

X "Occasional sudden transition between METAR and predictive weather."

I've always hated this and I was glad it was not the case with MSFS... I hope there is an option to keep the weather as it is.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

So yeah I was right, they're skipping a big December patch, it's just bug fixes.

Next world update is coming in January and will be announced tomorrow during the monthly Q&A.