Sign in to follow this  
GMFM

TrackIR (MSFS Update 7)

2 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

How this major TrackIR issue passed beta testing? Is MSFS beta testing real, or fake?

They had to skip what they call the "Flighting". Not sure if they did any useful beta testing as they were on a schedule to release SU7 with the Game Of The Year content.

They actually mentioned TrackIR problems in the release notes, so they did spot it somehow.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Play nice please folks!    🙂  Had to remove a few snarky posts - uncalled for.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

In case anyone is interested....https://flightsim.to/file/23886/autotrackir

until the hotfix comes.

Genius!  Once again the community comes to the rescue.

How it works?
It just track "TRACK IR ENABLE" simconnect variable.
If the simulator switch this variable to FALSE then AutoTrackIR switch it back to TRUE.

How to use it ?
- launch the TrackIr application.
- launch your sim
- when your are on you plane and your TrackIR is active just launch autoTrackIr.exe

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Genius!  Once again the community comes to the rescue.

Is this a stand alone app, like TrackIR itself, or is the fix intended to go in the Community folder?

And of course, does it seem to work well?

Thx,

Al

EDIT: It is a stand alone app like TrackIR. The app does not go in your Community folder.

Edited by ark

50 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

until the hotfix comes.

Sorted

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

56 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

until the hotfix comes.

Does the view still centre away from where you were looking if you pause TrackIr?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I wonder if you should "undo" the previous key bind workaround when using this new workaround?

Al

Edited by ark

36 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Does the view still centre away from where you were looking if you pause TrackIr?

Unfortunately, yes.

Al

Just now, ark said:

Unfortunately, yes.

Al

Well then it isn't really a fix. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well then it isn't really a fix. 

It is an improvement over the previous workaround in that you can look down at a map or keyboard, or at a second monitor, and when you look back TrackIR works. For me, that does help quite a bit.

Al

Edited by ark

1 minute ago, ark said:

It is an improvement over the previous workaround in that you can look down at a map or keyboard, or at a second monitor, and when you look back TrackIR is still active. For me, that does help quite a bit.

Al

Mine always worked that way, looking down, or at my keyboard, unless the keyboard is many feet away. . The problem everyone is having is when you hit F9 to freeze the view on a control to adjust it, TrackIR now shuts off and centers the image. Even if you set a hot key to restart it, you still lose the ability to lock the view on a control. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The problem everyone is having is when you hit F9 to freeze the view on a control to adjust it, TrackIR now shuts off and centers the image.

I understand that, but that is a 'secondary' problem for me. The primary problem I had was that after looking at my second monitor TrackIR would freeze and I would have to re-enable it with a key push. THAT problem has now been fixed with this latest workaround. So a step in the right direction, at least for me.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ark said:

I understand that, but that is a 'secondary' problem for me. The primary problem I had was that after looking at my second monitor TrackIR would freeze and I would have to re-enable it with a key push. THAT problem has now been fixed with this latest workaround. So a step in the right direction, at least for me.

Al

The way to set up Track IR, is to adjust it so you can see top, bottom , left,  right with a stable image on your primary screen. Is your second monitor so far away from your main monitor, that you have to turn your head excessively to see it? 

@ark When you look away and it loses contact and turns off then  this mod renables it each time correct?  Does it keep your center when you look back or does it center to where it turned it back on and you have to recenter the view?

Edited by Phantoms

James