Sign in to follow this  
GMFM

TrackIR (MSFS Update 7)

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

All I'm saying there's a workaround

I think the point others are making is there is only a partial workaround for the reasons detailed above.

Al

• Like 1

It is a simple and effective workaround. For those who can't fly without TIR, it will get them up in the air. So comparatively it's not the end of the world. but as Bobsk8 said it's a PITA.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, ark said:

I think the point others are making is there is only a partial workaround for the reasons detailed above.

Al

I've been using TIR for over a decade and am heavily reliant on it. Heck, I refuse to sim without it, period. It isn't THAT bad of a bug, but it's my opinion only, take it or leave it. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

52 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am not defending the darn bug. All I'm saying there's a workaround and I can't see them prioritizing it in a hotfix this week, or next. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and proved wrong. 

The TrackIR bug is a sim killer for many TrackIR users.  TrackIR has been around for 20 years and users have expectations that it works.  A joystick bug that constantly froze your joystick or yolk would be no different.  When your view freezes, you become disoriented in the sim.  I've stopped flying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 because of this bug.  It is also keeping me from buying anything to do with the Reno Air Races, and many simmers feel the same based on their comments in the Flight Simulator Forum.  The main bug thread now has over 500 up votes.  There is no point in making do with a ridiculous workaround when you have the option of quitting altogether and stopping spending money in the MSFS 2020 Market Place.

Edited by Bucksnort
  • Like 1

I know very little about coding and the internal workings of MSFS, but I would have thought this would have been an easy fix for ASOBO (?) If so, then they should pull their finger out and have a hotfix for this within days, not add it to the long list of issues and then include it the next official update.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

How many times did this get posted.....😡

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ive been flying over the last 2 days and franky if people find MSFS INOP with this then you need to get a grip.

I have custom views for FMC Radio's even with TrackIR. Only 2 times has it switched of and both F9 and F1 buttons on my hotas so I dont use F9 or F12 and have now set the MSFS TrackIR on/off button to the same HAT switch but its a push in button.

So if it switchers off it take the time it takes for my thumb to push in a button its already resting on, to turn it back on, about a10th of a second.

Yes it needs Fixing but it far from the end of the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ive been flying over the last 2 days and franky if people find MSFS INOP with this then you need to get a grip.

I have custom views for FMC Radio's even with TrackIR. Only 2 times has it switched of and both F9 and F1 buttons on my hotas so I dont use F9 or F12 and have now set the MSFS TrackIR on/off button to the same HAT switch but its a push in button.

So if it switchers off it take the time it takes for my thumb to push in a button its already resting on, to turn it back on, about a10th of a second.

Absolutely my expirience and opinion. It doesn't hurt to map a key on the keyboard and back flying...

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If you assign switch to the F9 or F12 functions, which I did,many months ago, the result is exactly the same. No difference. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

41 minutes ago, Micko said:

Absolutely my expirience and opinion. It doesn't hurt to map a key on the keyboard and back flying...

That does not cure the problem. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you assign switch to the F9 or F12 functions, which I did,many months ago, the result is exactly the same. No difference. 

I have no idea why this pains you so much Bob, but if it does it does. It needs fixing but frankly its of very little pain to me. I lose less than 1 second on the only two times it happened in 2 days flying.

Edited by Nyxx

11 hours ago, Bucksnort said:

It is also keeping me from buying anything to do with the Reno Air Races, and many simmers feel the same based on their comments in the Flight Simulator Forum.

My thoughts exactly. This is where Track IR will come to the fore. Not buying Reno until they fix it. Voting with my wallet on this one.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I’m new to Trackir as I only bought it a couple of months ago, it is disappointing that something like this can slip through testing,  perhaps Asobo should have tested to make sure everything was working correctly following the implementation of Tobii eye tracker (assuming there is some crossover with the code) - but it’s not the end of the world.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Trying to vote for the TrackIR bug, but it keeps telling me I am out of votes. It seems I voted on a topic that is now locked When I try to navigate around to see where I can remove the vote the website keeps crapping out. Nice job..even the freaking website doesn't work.

How this major TrackIR issue passed beta testing? Is MSFS beta testing real, or fake?