Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D v5.3 released

Just now, IanHarrison said:

Makerwys and Ai lights don't work.

This wasnt working in 5.2 either without the update you can find here: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91124-makerunways-64-bit-release-version-511-released-includes-msfs/

I'll stick with 5.2 HF1 too until further information about the CPU stuff.

I am currently running my 9900KF with HT off at 5.3GHZ stable with ~55° and a vCore of 1.295. Probably for v5.3 I need to active HT again and downclock a bit the CPU. Lets see if there will be more detailed reports for the new stuff :)

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've decided not to install this point update until more info is forthcoming from LM about AM settings and whether improvements can only be gained with some CPUs and not all i7 and equivalent and faster.

Ray, you have everything you need to know already. Your CPU has 6 physical cores if HT is set to off. I think you told me not long ago, that you have HT turned off an overcklocked the corespeed to 5 MGhz. If that´s the case it means you can spread the P3D on the 6 cores as you like. Most important thing to consider is that on every Intel CPU the famous "0"-core is that one which is recognised by most of the software threads as the "Main"-CPU and that´s why this core is utilised most. Also Windows puts all it´s main Operations as the OS into core zero. All those drivers and services which are running to offer the OS invironment to all parts of your setup. 

Now it sounds you can tell P3D which threads (render, coomputations, texture loads etc.) of P3D you want to be done on which core, just for spreading the workload, and P3D benefits from it. So you could leave the zero core for your OS and put the threads of P3D onto the other 5 cores left.

With HT ON, whre you would have 6 physical cores still, but beside them 6 additional "virtual" cores, so 12 threads in total, you could spread the P3D threads onto the other 10 cores from 3 to 12 by reserve the core 0 and core 1 for your OS. But with the difference, that the overcklocking maxsetting (5GHZ) is only working on core 0/1 in this case.  

P.S. you could just try what works best for you, because if you try HT off with overclocking, or HT ON with or without OC, and/or this or that affinity masking, usually doesn´t harm you system. Just bear in mind which was the setting for you before starting testing. Then you can just go back to this setting and for the System it would be as it was never changed at all.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I have never been so happy with other renditions with FS2004/FSX/P3D as I currently have with V5.2. Zero issues since July after 50+ flights in the sim packed with multiple add-ones. Hence, I'm quite reluctant to move toward 5.3 as I don't see major addition/fixes. Looks like the biggest issues, dusk/dawn colors with EA on + VClouds coverage and clouds' shapes haven't been solved yet.  

for the non ea guys.  Has anybody tried rex sky force with 5.3?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I ask because it is returning a fault. It says "makes scenery files for assorted utilities has stopped working". I downloaded a new version but that doesn't work either. What else could be causing this?

Please go to the FSUIPC Support forum and report this with the crash details from the Event Viewer and the Log file ("Runways.txt").

It runs fine here with 5.3 (with no add-on scenery). I'll be checking it over the weekend on my cockpit, which I'm planning on updating to 5.3 later today. There lots of add-on scenery on that PC.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

53 minutes ago, psolk said:

Reading reports of FPS in the teens-20's once you enable any sort of road traffic does not entice me to run out and upgrade.  So basically if I shut off all road traffic I "may" get back to where I was before,

I think that may not be true. It may have to do with the new option for traffic on smaller roads. It seems the settings can be dialed down to highway traffic only, probably equivalent setting to 5.2 and before, and restoring the FPS.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

51 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Have you updated the AI Lights to version 1.36 (as noted by SimBol earlier in this thread)?

He has, I just remote session to his PC and got his AI Lights Reborn Pro up and running.. if only all 3rd party developers were like me lol :P

S.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

MakeRwys should be fine. Have you reported it to Pete & John?

Simbol has fixed AI lights. Great guy.

I have asked for help from Pete.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@BerndB, I don’t really have everything I need. I don’t know what settings are best for my CPU. It’s up to the user to work it out for themselves by experimentation. I’m really not prepared to go down that path. I believe LM should have provided some guidance with this update given it’s a radical departure from any previous version.

If others want to experiment and report their findings I’m sure many of us who are hesitant to update will appreciate their efforts. Have you updated yet?

It’s not the changes to the BIOS that bother me or even the AM settings. Those are easily reversible. It’s updating to v5.3 with all that that entails, running numerous tests and at the end possibly finding nothing beats what v5.2HF1 provides. Then having to revert. Uugghh! No thanks! 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

55 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Windows puts all it´s main Operations as the OS into core zero. All those drivers and services which are running to offer the OS invironment to all parts of your setup. 

I'm not sure that this analysis is factually correct, @SteveW is this right, or is the windows Jobscheduler clever enough to work around P3D's rendering thread?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

21 minutes ago, simbol said:

He has, I just remote session to his PC and got his AI Lights Reborn Pro up and running.. if only all 3rd party developers were like me lol 😛

Then the market would be flooded with lights addons and simmers would wander in the sim at night only, with no aircraft nor any airport to fly with! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t know what settings are best for my CPU. It’s up to the user to work it out for themselves by experimentation. I’m really not prepared to go down that path. I believe LM should have provided some guidance with this update given it’s a radical departure from any previous version.

I posted the advice from Beau earlier.  The problem is there are an infinite variety of hardware, add-ons and use cases which there is no one catch all answer for.  The elegance of this solution is that it allows huge flexibility in how you can get the best from P3D for any use case, the downside is you have to figure out what that is for you 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, RXP said:

Then the market would be flooded with lights addons and simmers would wander in the sim at night only, with no aircraft nor any airport to fly with! 🤣

lol.. except that I don't do only lights :P

hehe

S.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

And no doubt Mr Kok would spend his entire week remote troubleshooting Aerosoft add-ons for customers 😁 (for nothing of course, other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get from satisfied customers 😛)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

I posted the advice from Beau earlier.  The problem is there are an infinite variety of hardware, add-ons and use cases which there is no one catch all answer for.  The elegance of this solution is that it allows huge flexibility in how you can get the best from P3D for any use case, the downside is you have to figure out what that is for you 🙂

I wonder what the feedback from their beta testers told them?

This looks to be one to leave alone until the experts come up with a strategy that helps users with their settings. Expect numerous YT videos to follow in the days / weeks to come.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather