Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

Thanks for the review - appreciate insights - I have no turbine time (technically a little in the cirrus vision jet lol).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

going to get this based on the good reviews - but has anyone managed to buy it from orbx - can see it on the website but its not appearing on my orbx app(central)?

• Like 1

Has anyone fooled around enough to figure out the keybinds for -Landing Lights, Aux Bus and Aux Fuel Pump?  No luck in being able to bind them to my Alpha / Bravo yet.

13 minutes ago, mac44 said:

going to get this based on the good reviews - but has anyone managed to buy it from orbx - can see it on the website but its not appearing on my orbx app(central)?

I purchased it an hour ago.

Look under Partners/SimmWorks.

Also, make sure all your joystick R/E/A settings are linear. (0%)

T45

20 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

I'm not seeing the issue with rudder authority you are. I've got full authority in all tested scenarios so far. I have noticed a problem with the payload calculation where 50% or more payload maybe being represented as 100% plus, resulting in an overloaded plane with no control at takeoff. I tried 25% payload and it is as expected if it were set at 50%!?

I have only taste full tank and 400-500 useful load. I don't think it even close do 50% though

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

So it looks like dead zone in my rudder pedal is culprit! I reset my settings and thing got brighter LOL I have already notified developers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

For those who have both how does the flight and system modeling compare to the Milviz PC-6 ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I love my MV Porter but it looks like it got a competitor to fight about flight hours. The Kodiak is a tad faster in cruise so its more the tourer of both. Sightseeing I would still prefer the Porter cause of its wonderful big front window. Both are bitches on takeoff and same as Porter you have to take a close look on trim. Both are flying nice and flight models are good. The Kodiak has no hotstart but I usually don't try to anyway cause I want to fly and not to burn down the engine... Kodiak brings gimmicks like working ECS and a real cool custom modelled backup instrument even including some nav capabities. Porter soundset is good but hell yes the Kodiaks is really a blast... You will find smaller things to get better on both but I would say if you like the Porter you will like the Kodiak too. I see them more as they complement each other with slightly differences in same cool STOL class. 

As always subjective and just my 2 cents...

Cheers

T.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sluihn said:

Is this DX12 compat???

I have not been able to get it to run under Windows 11 and DX12.  I see under their requirements they list Windows 10 but not 11.   I have a ticket in to SMS to see if it is compat.

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

For those who have both how does the flight and system modeling compare to the Milviz PC-6 ?

The flight model seems to be completely wrong, arcady and twitchy. The plane seems to exhibit a behaviour similar to tissue-paper. It dances around in the wind like it weighs half a gram or less even. This is not the aircraft developer's fault though. An incorrect environment will only generate incorrect result. It's been more than 6 years since development restarted and the much-hyped and massively advertised "surface element theory" so far has utterly failed to generate a single aircraft for MSFS 2020 with a convincing and accurate flight dynamics. So embarrassing and sad. 

Review do Daher Kodiak 100 da Simworks Studios MSFS - YouTube

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

The systems modelling appears significant improved on the Porter's.

Just for example the backup AH is well modelled with NAV modes enabled so I believe you could show ILS Guidance on the AH as backup while flying an RNAV approach on the G1000 (or maybe even vice versa). (The only significant thing missing from the AH are the SVT modes).

Apart from that it's the standard G1000 NXi but it doesn't currently include weather RADAR however there are working Pilot and Co-pilot Cupholders.

So far controls I've found that aren't working are TAWS Inhibit (cover works but not button),the Firewall Air Shutoff, CRS2 dial on the GFC700 AP and the Left hand bottom concentric dials on each of the G1000 screens. (fire extinguishers in the doors don't work either but that's probably for the best)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvidencePlz said:

The flight model seems to be completely wrong, arcady and twitchy. The plane seems to exhibit a behaviour similar to tissue-paper. It dances around in the wind like it weighs half a gram or less even. This is not the aircraft developer's fault though. An incorrect environment will only generate incorrect result. It's been more than 6 years since development restarted and the much-hyped and massively advertised "surface element theory" so far has utterly failed to generate a single aircraft for MSFS 2020 with a convincing and accurate flight dynamics. So embarrassing and sad. 

Review do Daher Kodiak 100 da Simworks Studios MSFS - YouTube

If you haven't, check out this thread;

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

I can land this, which is an improvement on the Thranda XP11 pogo stick version.

But I am getting some serious pitching up after turning off the autopilot, not at all like the Milviz PC6. Anyone else getting the same? I have to give it some serious nose down trim each time, even after when I have set the altitude bug  in AP.

Apart from that its my new Himalayan bus,

Edited by Puddin
AP added.