Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I just completed my first flight in this aircraft and it lived up to what I've heard. I did experience the trim down concern when turning off the AP. In fact, it was down to -25 and required some quick adjustments. I'm curious how this can be handled?

I just pull back on the elevator as soon as I disconnect AP, and trim nose up a couple of clicks.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just pull back on the elevator as soon as I disconnect AP, and trim nose up a couple of clicks.

Will do. Do we know if this is an authentic thing or is it a bug? Thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

26 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Do we know if this is an authentic thing or is it a bug?

Has to be a bug as it'd be oddly dangerous if real. There seems to be a couple of niggly issues with the Kodiak's AP. It's not great at settling into an ILS approach either but somebody has posted a mod to fix that if it really bothers you while we wait on SWS to make an update (doesn't bother me that much though).

5 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Has to be a bug as it'd be oddly dangerous if real. There seems to be a couple of niggly issues with the Kodiak's AP. It's not great at settling into an ILS approach either but somebody has posted a mod to fix that if it really bothers you while we wait on SWS to make an update (doesn't bother me that much though).

That is not true. I have flown both ILS and Rnav approaches with the AP, for aove 100 approaches, have not had one problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

I also experience both the nose down on AP disconnect and have implemented the pid fix that a user has posted. The latter largely eliminates the issue with ils and rnav approaches. 

30 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

not great at settling into an ILS approach either but somebody has posted a mod to fix that

Where is this mod or exactly what is it called? I'm interested to see exactly what the fix fixes.

Thanks,

Al

Just now, ark said:

Where is this mod or exactly what is it called? I'm interested to see exactly what the fix fixes.

Thanks,

Al

Apparently this "mod" was developed by someone that has an axe to grind with SWS and is trying to promote his Twitch channel. The flight model was checked by a couple of real world Kodiak Pilots,  and that is why most people really like it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Apparently this "mod" was developed by someone that has an axe to grind with SWS and is trying to promote his Twitch channel. The flight model was checked by a couple of real world Kodiak Pilots,  and that is why most people really like it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Proof? Evidence? Facts?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

you have no idea how wrong you are on so many level but hey this is the internet, you are allow to have any opinions even if they are 100% made up.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

you have no idea how wrong you are on so many level but hey this is the internet, you are allow to have any opinions even if they are 100% made up.

Lol, especially since the Kodiak's developer favorably acknowledges the mod's author in the very same thread I linked to above - yeah, people are grinding axes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

Not made up, got it from a reputable source. Where do you get your information from? 

Who cares? Maybe the two had a falling out since then and are beating each other over the head with wet noodles?

If you are experiencing the issues discussed in the thread I linked to above, apply the fix. If you don't care, don't and carry on. 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not made up, got it from a reputable source. Where do you get your information from? 

Because I know who made the mod and he kept it for his discord only. He didn't even publish on flightsim.to. he's not interested in grinding an axe against SWS. His point of view is based on the thousands of hours as a pilot and I agree with him that version 1.0 has defying the law of physics on STOL takeoff. his mod was for taming the excessive p-torque and lift that was no way close to reality.  He did it  because SWS refuse to listen to his feedback only to release a fix a few weeks later admitting they are wrong.  Before you start attacking people for no reason maybe you should get better sources.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

got it from a reputable source

Care to share who this reputable source is?

• Like 1