Sign in to follow this  

There either poor airport developers or they actually were after a quick buck after all.. Either way that is unacceptable an save the ‘It’s because EGLL is large excuse’ if performance is this bad then you don’t release until you get it right.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 9:57 PM, FilbertFlies said:

This is, as I said, a "pretty solid representation of the airport" and "has plenty to recommend it". It's not the Heathrow of our dreams,

If this sentence isn't the definition of a backhanded compliment, I don't know what is. 

I still think there were too many elephants!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, steve 86 said:

with the inibuilds i go from around 22fps to 36fps loads of stutters, i watched Drawyah stream yesterday and he must have been down to 5fps on departing and hes using a 3080 lol link to the time stamp, as soon as hes away from heathrow the fps comes back to normal 

I see nowhere near those sorts of performance drops on my system, landed at LHR after a flight from FRA and the performance at LHR was actually better than at FRA ... Go figure.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

I see nowhere near those sorts of performance drops on my system, landed at LHR after a flight from FRA and the performance at LHR was actually better than at FRA ... Go figure.

Do you use AIG?

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

Do you use AIG?

Yes, with PSXT and RealTraffic, T5 was about 70% occupied when I arrived.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Well seems like half the crowd is having abysmal FPS and the other half is having good FPS... man I'd like a demo version to try out on my system.

• Upvote 1

I have just installed Heathrow and am very disappointed. I have no jetways, many vehicles are just solid coloured boxes on square wheels. I have the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS and I am wondering if there is a clash with the ASBO version of Heathrow. I can see no simple way of uninstalling  the ASBO version, it is not listed in the content manager. I have now uninstalled the new and returned to the stock version. Anyone else with the Premium Deluxe version having the same problems?

2 hours ago, Andy675 said:

I have just installed Heathrow and am very disappointed. I have no jetways, many vehicles are just solid coloured boxes on square wheels. I have the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS and I am wondering if there is a clash with the ASBO version of Heathrow. I can see no simple way of uninstalling  the ASBO version, it is not listed in the content manager. I have now uninstalled the new and returned to the stock version. Anyone else with the Premium Deluxe version having the same problems?

You need to remove the Asobo EGGL, otherwise you will have conflicts. it is not easy to find if i recall, and is not simply named alongside the other airports, but bundled with either the UK world update, or another. Sorry i cannot remember where.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Perhaps IniScene should have included instructions regarding how to remove the Asobo version of London Heathrow? I would assume that at least one of their test systems has this airport installed, so they must know the procedure?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the replies. I found EGLL in the 'official' folder (MSFS Packages). I cut EGLL to another folder and installed the IniScene version. All is now working well although I have not yet had the time to explore it fully.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andy675 said:

Thanks for the replies. I found EGLL in the 'official' folder (MSFS Packages). I cut EGLL to another folder and installed the IniScene version. All is now working well although I have not yet had the time to explore it fully.

I wouldn't do it that way, or next time there's a MSFS update it will just redownload the airport.

Put the folder back, launch the sim and go into the content manager and delete the Asobo Heathrow from there.

If forever reason you want the Asobo Heathrow back, you can just redownload it from the content manager.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

wouldn't do it that way, or next time there's a MSFS update it will just redownload the airport.

Put the folder back, launch the sim and go into the content manager and delete the Asobo Heathrow from there.

If forever reason you want the Asobo Heathrow back, you can just redownload it from the content manager.

I would if I could. On the Premier Deluxe version Heathrow is not in the content manager it is bundled in the premium upgrade. I don't know how to unpick that file, or wherre it is located..

Edited by Andy675

11 minutes ago, Andy675 said:

I would if I could. On the Premier Deluxe version Heathrow is not in the content manager it is bundled in the premium upgrade. I don't know how to unpick that file, or wherre it is located..

In the top of the screen inside the content manager there are two small blue buttons, the right one should look like a symbol of multiple lines or something. Click that, then you can individually delete airports (or other stuff) from premium/deluxe stuff or world updates.

EDIT: Please tell us how it performs in comparison to the Asobo stuff, if possible with actual numbers.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2