Sign in to follow this  
versus

What have you done in 600 days J...?

Can anyone enlighten me what significant changes for the better, apart from World Updates, have been done since the release of the game?

I only see attempts which often result in regressions (weather, FM, DX12.. )

There are distractions like Development Updates, Developer Q&As  that should give impression that someting is really going on but some real stuff is rarely to be seen.

Maybe I am wrong.

Edited by versus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, versus said:

Maybe I am wrong.

I would say you are wrong. To name only a few from head without a certain order:

A major addition for me was VR support, which I now use 80% of the time. It's not yet perfect but works pretty well.

Support for X-Box has been added.

Support for TrackIR and Tobii Eye Tracker has been added.

(I guess you don't use any of these devices, but believe me there are users in all branches.)

There were continuous improvements to the Autopilot and Navigation tools for several planes. Add improvements to the flight models of several planes and propeller simulations (perhaps not immediately visible to less experienced pilots). 

Metar support has been added to the weather representation.

TLOD slider has been extended.

The peripherals interface has been extended with new settings.

Developers have been given a host of new functions in the scenery development, airplane development and tools development branches. I am unable to judge these in detail as a layman but I understand several of the released add-on planes rely on new SDK functions.

The latest two Sim Updates - 8 and the upcoming 9, now in beta - are indeed less feature rich but targeted to stability - upon request of the users.

I suggest having a look here for more detail (search for "Release Notes")

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/news-and-announcements/141

and check the various Sim Updates over time.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 28

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, versus said:

but some real stuff is rarely to be seen.

Maybe I am wrong.

This is so wrong that it is funny. And it is also so wrong that I can hardly believe Michael actually replied to your question. If you can't see the difference between the initial release version and the current one you should consider playing another game/sim because clearly MSFS is wasted on you.

• Like 24

Troll bait....

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Yes, this topic is ridiculous. There has been a massive list of new features, updates and refinements since the conception of MSFS. Asobo and Microsoft have been relentless in their development program. 

• Like 5

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

2 hours ago, pmb said:

A major addition for me was VR support, which I now use 80% of the time. It's not yet perfect but works pretty well.

This one I admit is valid. It was so long ago that I forgot it was not part of the initial release.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Support for X-Box has been added.

Support for TrackIR and Tobii Eye Tracker has been added.

(I guess you don't use any of these devices, but believe me there are users in all branches.)

far less value in these ones. 

2 hours ago, pmb said:

There were continuous improvements to the Autopilot and Navigation tools for several planes.

This one is valid too.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Add improvements to the flight models of several planes and propeller simulations (perhaps not immediately visible to less experienced pilots). 

Metar support has been added to the weather representation.

Regressions for me

2 hours ago, pmb said:

TLOD slider has been extended.

The peripherals interface has been extended with new settings.

Developers have been given a host of new functions in the scenery development, airplane development and tools development branches. I am unable to judge these in detail as a layman but I understand several of the released add-on planes rely on new SDK functions.

The latest two Sim Updates - 8 and the upcoming 9, now in beta - are indeed less feature rich but targeted to stability - upon request of the users.

cosmetic ones, would not know about developers

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I suggest having a look here for more detail (search for "Release Notes")

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/news-and-announcements/141

and check the various Sim Updates over time.

Kind regards, Michael

Have done so and list are mostly bugfixes and restricted scope improvements only.

What am talking about are global improvements that were promised for the get go: ATC and AI, cloud vvariations, seasons, flight models

i am not saying they are easy to do, but once in a while, it would be nice to see someting substantial beeing added or fixed.

On the other hand nothing to complain about WU.   

• Like 2

I must agree that default ATC is, and has been, low level for years but 3rd party programmers do a good job of

filling the 'space'. Hopefully the same applies to MSFS 2020 (actual users will likely confirm that).

23 minutes ago, versus said:

pmb said: "Add improvements to the flight models of several planes and propeller simulations (perhaps not immediately visible to less experienced pilots).  [...]"

Regressions for me

[...]

What am talking about are global improvements that were promised for the get go: ATC and AI, cloud vvariations, seasons, flight models

Lol what? First you say the flight model improvements are a regression, then you're saying you're waiting for improvements on flight models? I don't follow, not at all...

and there's been a lot of work "under the hood", as can be seen from the improvements in the SDK...

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

oops  ..double post

Edited by icewater5

Don't feed the troll.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

First thing Monday, and a Troll. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

56 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Lol what? First you say the flight model improvements are a regression, then you're saying you're waiting for improvements on flight models? I don't follow, not at all...

and there's been a lot of work "under the hood", as can be seen from the improvements in the SDK...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/feedback-for-cfd-simulation-on-c172/508234/185

Read the thread dedicated to this change and see if this is progression or else.

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

First thing Monday, and a Troll. 

criticism = troll. Ok. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, versus said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/feedback-for-cfd-simulation-on-c172/508234/185

Read the thread dedicated to this change and see if this is progression or else.

You understand how beta testing works?

7 minutes ago, versus said:

criticism = troll. Ok. 

Criticism without due diligence = troll. Yes. That's why I'm outta here now.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Some trolls are annoying (which of course is the intent), but this one makes me laugh! Thanks, versus.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 3