Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

I keep looking to see if I'm warm enough 🙂

Looking forward to more repaints where I can use my own reg number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

One thing that I might be going a bit crazy over; does the real thing have some kind of matte buff on the metal? Sunlight doesn’t seem to reflect in as glossy a way as all other planes I have in MSFS.

I know it shouldn't but it bothers me too 🙂

• Like 1

I'm probably not running with this pack when I say the best thing for me about the plane is how it lands. I don't like feathery planes that seem as if a large balloon is attached above. I like them to drop when I power down. The Yak 18T does that. The JU52. And this one best of all. (I knew I would like the otherwise mediocre YAK when Chock's video described the flaps. Now that thing wasn't going to float)! That's what I remember in my very limited real flying too, such as it was, LOL, and all in small planes.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Bought it! I am following the in-sim checklist right now, it's very complete! However, I have one question: I am unsure about the cowl flaps. They need to be LOCKED FULL OPEN. The text above the handles say PULL TO CLOSE so... they should be pushed in...? But then I can't lock them (by turning them to the right as the arrows indicate).

In short: can anyone explain to me how to 'read' those handles and how things should look when they are locked full open?

7 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

For those interested in the aerodynamics of this aircraft in the sim, interesting to visualize the airflow and other parameters especially since it has SU9's CFD enabled (see Asobo's dev doc for more details: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/storage/attachments/2425-debug-aircraft-cfd.pdf)

I didn't know the Milviz  310 is using the new CFD feature from SU9.  So is the new CFD making the 310 fly more accurately?  Are there any real life pilots here with an understanding of CFD, that can comment on how the new CFD is impacting the 310?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

This aircraft is just amazing.  One problem though - I use the Honeycomb Bravo Autopilot and the autopilot is forced on in the aircraft.  Can't turn it off unless I pull a circuit breaker.

Anyone got this issue?

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Before buying it. Does the plane have this? (spark plug fouling)

(4) Cessna 172 Spark Plug Fouling, Engine Running Rough - YouTube

(4) A2A Piper Cherokee How to Fix Fouled Spark Plugs - YouTube

And also, does it have this one? (Engine flooded)

(4) Flooded Engines - YouTube

(4) A2A Bonanza engine start (flooded) - YouTube

Thanks!

Edited by Japo32

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Bought it! I am following the in-sim checklist right now, it's very complete! However, I have one question: I am unsure about the cowl flaps. They need to be LOCKED FULL OPEN. The text above the handles say PULL TO CLOSE so... they should be pushed in...? But then I can't lock them (by turning them to the right as the arrows indicate).

In short: can anyone explain to me how to 'read' those handles and how things should look when they are locked full open?

You raise a good point about the cowl flap levers.  The manual is vague and describes the cowl flaps but doesn't really say how to manipulate the handles.

The cowl flaps aren't all that important in this airplane though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Leave them pushed in place and we'll take a closer look at their animation in the next few days.

• Like 6

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

This aircraft is just amazing.  One problem though - I use the Honeycomb Bravo Autopilot and the autopilot is forced on in the aircraft.  Can't turn it off unless I pull a circuit breaker.

I don't have that piece of kit (Honeycomb Bravo) so I can't help you directly, but I think we have a couple of testers who do use it so I'll ask them for advice.

I can say that we don't do anything "special" with any of the autopilot signals and so it should work just like it does in any other airplane that has the default KAP-140.  That's one of the advantages of using the standard AP.  Sorry you're having issues, none were reported to us during testing about the Bravo.

Edited by Dutch727

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

15 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Yes, very definitely on the spark plug fouling.  They don't degrade instantly or rapidly, but you will suffer degradation over time, and if you don't repair it you'll hear the engine running rough once they get down to 60% readiness or so.    Lean out mixtures while taxiing to avoid this.

On the flooding, yes you can flood this engine, and you can do it in flight if you put the aux pumps on high (assuming the engine pump is running and you have engine realism turned on) and it *will* kill your engine.  You are warned!  This even happened to one of our 310 pilot advisors once and he posted an amusing story about it.

Edited by Dutch727
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bought it, it's a gem.
Not a surprise coming from Milviz.

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

14 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

So far, the plane is OK...

49 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

This aircraft is just amazing.

Well, this is helpful...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I didn't know the Milviz  310 is using the new CFD feature from SU9.  So is the new CFD making the 310 fly more accurately?  Are there any real life pilots here with an understanding of CFD, that can comment on how the new CFD is impacting the 310?

Dutch replied to my question on another thread and spoke at length about the 310 flight dynamics in MSFS below.. so definitely using the new SU8 prop physics. I recall seeing elsewhere where CFD was also mentioned as enabled, but now that I think about it, that could be for another aircraft that's coming soon. Apologies for any confusion.

There's also this thread on the MSFS forums tracking aircraft that are making use of the new prop physics and/or CFD: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-propeller-simulation-cfd-airplane-list/504719 , not sure if it's up to date however.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD