Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

5+ hours of frustration

I had a small amount of time to conduct a quick flight this morning. It's been just short of six hours getting a simple flight – with the Longitude – into LPPT. When MSFS wasn't crashing the FMS was misbehaving or my keyboard shortcuts stopped working. 

How long has it been since MSFS was released and Textron waxed lyrical about how perfect their virtual models were? Why on earth do we still have such utter rubbish in this game (yes game, this is in no way a simulation)? 

On top of that SU9 has been an unstable mess. 

I've had some great moments in MSFS but at the moment I feel I can quite easily turn my back on it and walk away. 

• Upvote 2

I had three great flights yesterday in my Kodiak, 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

44 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

I've had some great moments in MSFS but at the moment I feel I can quite easily turn my back on it and walk away. 

I'd suggest just do that. No one forces you to use it and there are valid alternatives. No need to try persuading those enjoying it, though.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

43 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

(yes game, this is in no way a simulation)

You carry on gaming by flying under bridges. I'll continue using ForeFlight (real world EFB used by thousands), Jeppessen Charts (real world charts used by thousands), aircraft using real world istruments and checklists from real world aircraft, flying over accurate terrain and using real world arrival and departure procedures.

Of course it is a simulator, but it can be used as a game if that floats your boat.

• Like 10

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

August 18, 2020; 20 months ago

Not had a single CTD since release. Plenty add-ons and use daily 

Edited by garlicbread11

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

There's nothing this forum loves better than statements like that...

What troubleshooting have you done?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

k, bye

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had three great flights yesterday in my Kodiak, 

Lucky you. I had some great GA flights earlier over the weekend. 

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I'd suggest just do that. No one forces you to use it and there are valid alternatives. No need to try persuading those enjoying it, though.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm certainly not trying to persuade anyone enjoying it to change their views. I am simply venting my frustration with the inconsistencies that I, along with others, endure with MSFS. Just like I noted my utter satisfaction with good representation of real weather some months ago. 

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You carry on gaming by flying under bridges. I'll continue using ForeFlight (real world EFB used by thousands), Jeppessen Charts (real world charts used by thousands), aircraft using real world istruments and checklists from real world aircraft, flying over accurate terrain and using real world arrival and departure procedures.

Of course it is a simulator, but it can be used as a game if that floats your boat.

You assume many things. I'm far too old to bother with flying under bridges. Coincidentally I too use checklists and Jeppesen Charts. Try applying your checklists and charts to the Longitude, it remains hopelessly incomplete and the FMS refuses entries for several waypoints that exist in MSFS's current nav database. 

1 hour ago, garlicbread11 said:

August 18, 2020; 20 months ago

Not had a single CTD since release. Plenty add-ons and use daily 

I wish I could say the same.

56 minutes ago, Krakin said:

What troubleshooting have you done?

Cleared Community folder, multiple reboots and several restarts. My gripe right now is MS and Asobo's lack of interest in completing aircraft they offered at a premium when the product was released. 

When I stay with simple GA or paid-for add-ons the game (Game of the Year, remember 😂) behaves in a far more stable and predictable manner. Fingers crossed for a long-range biz jet release from any accomplished developer ... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

Try applying your checklists and charts to the Longitude, it remains hopelessly incomplete and the FMS refuses entries for several waypoints that exist in MSFS's current nav database. 

There are plenty of alternatives that don't have issues you describe - why stick with the Longitude if it doesn't meet the criteria you want?

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

While I can't help you with FMC issues, CTDs (for myself anyways) was solved by setting a locked FPS in Nvidia Control Panel for MSFS specifically. But this does assume you've got an Nvidia graphics card...

• Like 2

Unfortunately, we have some people here that can't accept that somebody has an issue or it might be actually a problem and instead of providing some useful guidance chose just to put up statements like "I had three great flights, No one forces you to use it, Not had a single CTD since release, Clickbait, etc."
Why do some of us instead of trying to find a solution/help choose this path?
What do we accomplish without providing a positive solution or a suggestion?
@IcedOutN8 has the right attitude and is sharing some of his problem/s with a possible solution.
Isn't it enough that this guy has a problem and is disappointed?
Why not help this guy to enjoy this sim again? 
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

This is once again the oft-discussed scenario of expecting too much from the default MSFS aircraft (be they from the base or premium package).  For better experiences one has to either use freeware mods/aircrafts or get payware birds (not sure if any mods exist for the Longtitude?). It's going to be a while yet until Asobo fixes issues in the current default aircraft and also improves their fidelity.

Edit: some mods for the Longtitude based on quick googling:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-longitude-flight-dynamics-modification-project/325768/2744
https://www.msfsaddon.com/2020/11/msfs2020-cessna-citation-model-700.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/oqe0hn/the_longitude_is_a_dream_to_fly_when_modded/

If all you care to do is fly the default aircraft as-is and they're not meeting your expectations then I'm afraid the only viable option is to walk away from the sim for now.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

There is also some people who can’t accept the issue is the user or the users system. Let’s just blame asobo.

• Like 3

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

7 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Why not help this guy to enjoy this sim again? 

It's the Avsim way. 😁

Mainly it's because they don't have a problem but feel they have to say something. We have a saying on RTW flight nights, it anyone says the have an issue they are met with a chorus of 'It works OK for me'.

P.S. I posted because I'm not doing anything at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.