Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FSRealstic 2.0 pro video preview with full camera effects

31 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

On the youtube video and in the comment to this post 

That is from a beta tester and a previewer and not the developer. They promised updates to V! that was lacking with a update camera api they never said they would charge for users who bought V1. That will not set too well with many folks who bought V1 with a lacking effects and have to buy V2 all over again.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

Sorry but this should be a free upgrade for people who bought V1. 

Yup, completely agree. Never mind headshake effects, this is more like a 'shakedown'.

I bought FS Realistic for both X-Plane and MSFS, and when I purchased the MSFS version, it was with the understanding that these effects would be added later. Otherwise, I would never have bought it. As the developer had said he would add these effects once it was possible, and for it to be on par with the X-Plane version, the assumption was it would be added for no additional cost. I like supporting developers but this is a cash grab, and to start charging for such basic updates that should have been there since the beginning is frankly ridiculous.

What's next, PMDG charging for the EFB update? Or airport developers charging for improvement patches? 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

That is from a beta tester and a previewer and not the developer.

The developer responded to one of the video's comments confirming that an upgrade fee would be charged, and that it's not free. As you said, it really does not sit well. As per my previous post, it comes across as just a little on the greedy side.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I used FSRealistic extensively when it came out, but felt less of a need to do so, with the release of the Kodiak. For the CJ4 and the Longitude I use the FTSim soundpacks. Works for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I didn’t know MSFS now has camera API, here is FSRealstic 2.0 video preview with all new camera effects 

I didn't see any camera effects on the video. I noticed only the shaking of the aircraft fuselage. In my opinion, it doesn't look realistic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

1 hour ago, steve 86 said:

Sorry but this should be a free upgrade for people who bought V1. 

They have been clear from beginning, at that they will release a mini "Core" version and when they release the Pro version, whoever bought the "Core" will get a discount for the Pro version https://fsrealistic.wixsite.com/website/forum/general/fsrealistic-core-vs-pro 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

58 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

What's next, PMDG charging for the EFB update? Or airport developers charging for improvement patches? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

I didn't see any camera effects on the video. I noticed only the shaking of the aircraft fuselage. In my opinion, it doesn't look realistic.

nor me and even though I would not fly the F18 in MSFS your straped into the seat so well you would never see what that vidio showed. Laughable really.

Not for me even more so for airliners like the NG - A320. I thought he came across as "o wow" on everything...really! Might be good for GA ?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

They have been clear from beginning, at that they will release a mini "Core" version and when they release the Pro version, whoever bought the "Core" will get a discount for the Pro version https://fsrealistic.wixsite.com/website/forum/general/fsrealistic-core-vs-pro 

should have had a note on the buy now saying you may be charged extra at a later date if we release a pro version and you wish to upgrade not some post in a forum,, but never mind wont be the first dev who does stuff like this and wont be the last.. 

Edited by steve 86
  • Like 2

$5.99 to upgrade according to a mail I just received from them.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just had an email.  Upgrade price $5.99.  Sorry, just saw Espent posted above.
Camera effects now added as they say Asobo have just added some support for this in an update. 
I dare say it will be improved in the future as Asobo add more  to the SDK.

As this $5.99 is about £5, I spend more on my lunch at work every day, so not much of a stretch.
And while I don't like the added cash grab for anything, this was offered at a discounted price to start with as it was noted that it contained no camera effects other than vibration to begin with.

So I don't think it is too unfair.  Unfair is when a major developer charges a big price for each minor variant change of a particular model (yes, the 737 if that was a bit ambiguous).

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

should have had a note on the buy now saying you may be charged extra at a later date if we release a pro version and you wish to upgrade not some post in a forum,,

+1. This.

Are we supposed to read every single forum post to understand the buyer's contract? Isn't good faith a thing anymore?

It should have been made crystal clear. It's not the amount, it's the principle. And also, it starts to normalize the practice of charging for updates especially when certain forum members start talking like it's normal practice. And in any case, in some countries, and for some people regardless of where they live, $5.99 is rather a lot for an update to something you already paid for.

It becomes a virtual subscription service if we have to keep paying for such updates. It's nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

if captain sim came out and said we have now added a cockpit to our C-130 and it will be £5 extra every man and his dog on this forum and other forums will be slagging them off calling it a scam, 

Edited by steve 86
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Looks as a very cool update to me.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Looking at this thread, I am already concerned it will develop into another pointless argument between those who see it as a good value upgrade, and those who think it is a cash grab.

Buy it if you want to pay the $5.99 - or don't if you think it is a rip-off.  Simple as that.
They have already said they will support the old version for people who have it - for how long, who knows?  But everything has a limited lifespan.

• Like 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.