Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

What are your thoughts about World update X ?

Generally speaking why do we need a world update 10 of the US, that is 5 GB's, when we have a Simulator that is almost 2 years old, and has some outstanding bugs, or fixes still out there. 

I would like to see ATC and traffic fixed, than  see some of these World Updates  Don,t get me wrong, I appreciate these beautiful world updates, and graphically the simulator is outstanding, 

Chip in, what are your thoughts and opinions of World Update X ?

Edited by Sunshine13
spelling

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

2 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

Generally speaking why do we need a world update 10 of the US, that is 5 GB's, when we have a Simulator that is almost 2 years old, and has some outstanding bugs, or fixes still out there. 

I would like to see ATC and traffic fixed, than  see some of these World Updates  Don,t get me wrong, I appreciate these beautiful world updates, and graphically the simulator is outstanding, 

Two different things. a world update is textures and stuff. what you're talking about is mostly programming related. That's why we have world updates and sim updates. You can be sure that different teams handle each one.

• Like 6

Juan Ramos

Two years and still you haven't understood that who does content is not the same who does core features.

Besides that, it's not mandatory. Don't like it, don't download it. Don't like the game? Don't play it.

Sure there are downsides, like with all games, and sure things could have been better for some parts, but that's life.

• Like 24

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Haven’t tried it yet, away from the sim for a while. But have to admit I was a bit shocked they decided to return to the US for another WU. I hope they’re able to get access to decent Bing data for e.g. South America or Asia.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I like the upgraded terrain mesh - I did some mountain flying today and I could tell the difference.

Unfortunately I just recently bought KBID hehe, and already owned the KAVX as well.  I'm happy others get to use those now though!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

The world update was fine.... Has nothing to do with bug fixes, although there were some in the update. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

51 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Don't like the game? Don't play it.

What? I'm triggered. How dare you call it a game!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Haven’t tried it yet, away from the sim for a while. But have to admit I was a bit shocked they decided to return to the US for another WU. I hope they’re able to get access to decent Bing data for e.g. South America or Asia.

The US is one of the busiest flying areas in the world, and has had only one update. Europe has had how many, three or four at least/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The US is one of the busiest flying areas in the world, and has had only one update. Europe has had how many, three or four at least/

Sure. But it would be great to have a WU outside EU/US. Perhaps the next one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Sure. But it would be great to have a WU outside EU/US. Perhaps the next one.

The US needed a great deal of work, and at last, Asobo has done it....I flew all over the West Coast today, it looks great. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

"Europe" isn't a single nation. Each of the updates covered one or two different countries, none of which have been revisited.

If only 6 of the 50 states in the U.S. of A had been given a World Update, then you could make a case for complaint.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

"Europe" isn't a single nation. Each of the updates covered one or two different countries, none of which have been revisited.

If only 6 of the 50 states in the U.S. of A had been given a World Update, then you could make a case for complaint.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/map-shows-many-european-countries-can-fit-continental-us/

• Upvote 1

Only had time for one flight in Texas so far (27degreesC at 5,500ft!), textures definitely improved over the flight the day before. Agree it’s underwhelming after the hype of the 40th anniversary announcement but still glad to be given these regular freebies.

Would really like to see some other areas of the world getting the love though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The title should be rewrote to "why do we need World Updates when we still have outstanding issues and not playable for me".

Edited by jbdbow1970