Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

New *FREE* Cabin Announcement Tool for MSFS

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

41 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Good on theory, but only one announcement (safety briefing).

And it may cover multiple airlines, but the Turkish airlines one demonstrated has a way over excited American voice. I don’t think it adds much at this time, I’d likely only install a mod like this if it covered all of the flight.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

the Turkish airlines one demonstrated has a way over excited American voice

That *is* the official Turkish Airlines safety video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTU8hdMb8hE

54 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

50+ announcements
Enjoy safety announcements from the largest airlines! Air France, British Airways, United, Vueling... And the list will keep growing!

Like @OzWhitey says, it is limited at this time to safety briefings only. But better than nothing.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

That *is* the official Turkish Airlines safety video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTU8hdMb8hE

Like @OzWhitey says, it is limited at this time to safety briefings only. But better than nothing.

Good call on it being official…it sounded pretty incongruous, but yes, that’s what Turkish airlines went with I guess.

🙂

I’ve actually been going through these briefings and collecting a few as I’ve been working on an announcements mod myself, primarily aimed at the B737-700.  Must have missed the Turkish Airlines one!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

https://lukeairtool.net/ contains already quite a few airline announcements, and they can be used independently of loading passengers etc. Ideally, the two programs could complement each other.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, LukeAirTool does this for free and a LOT more……

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Do these tools come in a variety of accents?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruce

LukeAirTool is actually mainly a passenger simulation, it just includes recordings of a lot of recorded real announcements. I haven't tried all airlines, but my impression is that there is one recording for each airline. So, no different accents for a given airline, but differences between two different airlines.

7 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruce

As far as I can tell from the airlines that I've used, all of LukeAirTool's are actual recordings, so will have regional accents by default. Of course, the flight attendant in the actual recording may not be from the same country as the airline. 

It's amazing what some people will do to save a few bucks on an add-on.

It's also interesting that Flightsim.to has no problem hosting this mod, but deleted all soundpack downloads for SLC.

Lastly,

LukeAirTool is robust and FREE as has been stated on this thread.

PACX has so much more to offer than just a safety announcement, the most important is automatic announcements. Set and forget.

SLC (my choice) still works and is customizable. You can customize soundpacks to suit your needs and it works. It looks like the dev has retired from the project, but it still works for me when I want to do an occasional airline flight.

The only thing good about this freeware mod is that it allows me to reinforce is that there are three good cabin announcement add-on for MSFS available today.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, CFIJose said:

SLC (my choice) still works and is customizable

Just a bit off topic. Can you tell me how SLC interacts with Fenix and FBW A320's? E.g. how does it cooperate with Fenix EFB's Mass and Balance. (Perhaps it's best to PM me as not to destroy the OP's main subject). 

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I will never get the flight simmer obsession with cabin announcements. Flight deck generally can't hear them, save for when the door is open during turnaround, and even then they're not very loud. When I've had addon aircraft that play announcements they're so loud they get in the way of me hearing ATC, ATIS etc. Each to their own but I find these actively detract from the experience, I'm not simulating being a passenger or cabin crew.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

29 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I will never get the flight simmer obsession with cabin announcements. Flight deck generally can't hear them

The exact same thing could be said about exquisite exterior modelling and 8K textures - when on the flight deck you generally can't see them. I guess it's each to their own... 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@garydpoole Which is why I have my addons set to not use 8K textures, In fact I often manually scale down textures. But at least the modelling and textures have some benefit for taking pretty pictures and during walk around (should you perform one). But my point is that audible announcements actively *reduce* realism, they detract, they don't enhance, that's why I can't understand the obsession. People do as they want and they're not hurting anyone, I just cannot square the logic of it in my head.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

@garydpoole  But my point is that audible announcements actively *reduce* realism, they detract, they don't enhance, that's why I can't understand the obsession. People do as they want and they're not hurting anyone, I just cannot square the logic of it in my head.

Simple, audible announcements happen in real life.

I think, unless i am fundamentally missing something here 😃 I must say in fairness i have not been on a plane for a few years  😁

Edited by icewater5
focus pocus