Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

29 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I notice clouds are no longer entering the Baron 58's cockpit so that's good. Would be interesting to know if that was a deliberate fix or if something got shaken back into place by accident lol. It's definitely not in the patch notes.

Never seen clouds inside planes cockpits here.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Indeed me too, with RTX3090 and about 12 to 14 GB VRAM loaded in

Are you getting anything in exchange for more VRAM in use?  For example are you able to run any settings higher than previously, or a higher average frame rate?  Since I already have had a liquid smooth sim for ages now I'm assuming DX12 will bring in mostly new features not possible w/ DX11.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

33 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I notice clouds are no longer entering the Baron 58's cockpit so that's good. 

😅😅 

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

For example are you able to run any settings higher than previously, or a higher average frame rate? 

Texture related settings can be set higher. And it can cache more textures in vram so less loading from slower places.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Never seen clouds inside planes cockpits here.

It was only happening with the Baron for me. When entering the cloud, the cockpit and cabin would get a slight fog effect like the pilots were smoking in there for a while.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, rka said:

Texture related settings can be set higher. And it can cache more textures in vram so less loading from slower places.

Makes sense...but I've already got liquid smooth performance so it does beg the question what real benefits will there be?  I'm guessing it's perhaps a prelimary step in anticipation of new features, better multicore use so ultimately will offer some meaningful improvements at some point.  If it means I don't have to dial back T-LOD in anticipation of poorer performance at the arrival airport that would be meaningful.  Right now, I can take off say at EDDF w/ and T-LOD at 180, but if I do a 1h loop and return to EDDF I need to be down to 120 or 130 to sustain the requisite 30 by vsync.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Makes sense...but I've already got liquid smooth performance so it does beg the question what real benefits will there be?  I'm guessing it's perhaps a prelimary step in anticipation of new features, better multicore use so ultimately will offer some meaningful improvements at some point.  If it means I don't have to dial back T-LOD in anticipation of poorer performance at the arrival airport that would be meaningful.  Right now, I can take off say at EDDF w/ and T-LOD at 180, but if I do a 1h loop and return to EDDF I need to be down to 120 or 130 to sustain the requisite 30 by vsync.

I personally didn’t notice any performance improvement/new headroom for TLOD. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Are you getting anything in exchange for more VRAM in use?  For example are you able to run any settings higher than previously, or a higher average frame rate?  Since I already have had a liquid smooth sim for ages now I'm assuming DX12 will bring in mostly new features not possible w/ DX11.

I have set some sliders to Ultra. I am using my Varjo Aero at 37PPD. Thats heavy. Getting steady 35 to 40 FPS with almost the most sliders maxed out except LOD and Building LOD at 150). 

The DX12 makes my sim more smooth and even with Clouds on ultra I have no FPS decrease compared to SU9 where clouds at ultra hammered my 3090. Not usable in VR. Now it is, rain, TC/CB, fog, etc....not an issue.

And this is without openXR Toolkit so no Foveated rendering atm.

EDIT: I have more FPS on 2d screen. From 45 to 55/60 at most areas with everything at ultra and LOD both at 200. 

So I got a bit of FPS increase. But the most remarkable is that DX12 is much more smooth compared to DX11, which I used before due the stutter mess DX12 in SU9

With VR I am GPU bound! I need a faster Card to get more FPS most likely. But AS IT IS NOW ITS GREAT

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Has anyone tried dropping the render scale down to 720p then running with DLSS quality on a 1080p monitor?

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

I notice clouds are no longer entering the Baron 58's cockpit so that's good. Would be interesting to know if that was a deliberate fix or if something got shaken back into place by accident lol. It's definitely not in the patch notes.

Funny.  Maybe you need to watch what your virtual pilots are eating!  :laugh: 

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Makes sense...but I've already got liquid smooth performance so it does beg the question what real benefits will there be?

Less curdling.

On 7/12/2022 at 7:45 AM, Noel said:

The sad part is their dedication to "Identity Flight Simming"

That is the perfect phrase!   I'm a long-time Linux user, and many X-Plane "advocates" remind me very much of the worst kind of Linux "advocates" I've run across over the years.   Using a minority platform becomes a point of pride, and people lose touch of the practical reasons why their chosen platform may be better -- and lose all sense of reality about where theirs falls short.   That sort of mindset falls so readily into holy wars, it's a pattern I've seen over and over, and it's really to the detriment of the "holy warriors" because it makes them and their platform look to others like a bunch of tools.

I'm a flight simulation fan, not just a Flight Simulator fan.   (Although, obviously, I'm that, too, since I'm posting here).  I have all three major consumer sims currently installed on my machine, and though MSFS gets the most use by far these days I have many hours in each and will happily tell you that each has strong points and weak points, advantages and disadvantages.  Fans of other sims aren't immune to the holy war mindset, but it comes so much more from minority platforms, and it's immediately obvious any time you engage with some of the more... fervent... members of the XP forum.

(And, increasingly, members of the P3D forum, as their chosen sim starts sliding more and more into commercial irrelevance.)

Competition drives improvement, and most things are rarely as good or as bad as those with the strongest feelings about them would have you believe.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 7

The people's flag is deepest red.

This is probably trivial for most of you but during the last 1,5hrs I spent at my simming PC I had what I describe as the most rewarding piece of time in civil flightsim I ever  experienced, simulating an airline flight from Madrid to Lisbon.

- I am on SU 10 with DX 12 and DLSS enabled;

- I planned the flight using SimBrief and then downloaded the FPL file which was used as route base in my MFS session;

- I used the Fenix A320 for the flight, started at one of the LEMD gates and enabled Online Traffic;

Well, from aircraft loading and initial contact with clearance to parking at one of LPPT's gates watching the marshaller precisely guiding me until STOP, including all of the route communications, the traffic generated from RW traffic, the weather... EVERYTHING !  I had a unique experience and one that I seriously never had before, because with older or derived versions of MS FS or XP I never used fancy / expensive add-ons for airport services, ATC, ... 

It's all in, FOR FREE!!! functional and as plausible as I could ask for !

Wow !

At least for the time being I've got to shout it through my new "signature" 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 9

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, DeepestRed said:

I'm a flight simulation fan, not just a Flight Simulator fan.   (Although, obviously, I'm that, too, since I'm posting here).  I have all three major consumer sims currently installed on my machine, and though MSFS gets the most use by far these days I have many hours in each and will happily tell you that each has strong points and weak points, advantages and disadvantages.

Pity everybody doesn't share this view.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I use  4K tv for the Flight simulator. My screen resolution in the game is 3840x2160. With this resolution set, can I still use the DSSL in the settings or should I lower the resolution so I get the most of it?

just wondering, please give me your advise.